Author Topic: Insulin spikes, FROM SMELL!!!  (Read 3334 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Insulin spikes, FROM SMELL!!!
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:29 am »
These are actually 2 posts I made on another forum in a journal, but I just c&p'd them here...

Hey. Tonight I was in the middle of eating, I'd had enough meat and I was finishing up with some extra fat, close to being satisfied, when my parents started cooking(no foil, and burning) some chicken marinated in predominantly glucose & wheat. This completely messed me up, I couldn't tell how much food I needed any more and I started feeling like I needed to stuff myself irrationally. I didn't, but the smell made me feel really manic, and my stomach become uncomfortable like it was filling with acid. Is this an insulin response to the smell? Will I gradually lose this response or will I just have to try and avoid such smells?

I won't eat the stuff, because I know I'm getting all I need from what I am eating, but I'm worried of the effect the insulin spikes could be having on me. There's no way to avoid that smell, and it could be messing me up without me even touching any inappropriate food. It's going to be affecting my digestion, recovery, and even the insulin could directly be causing damage to my body-tissue. I'm not over my inflammation yet, though it's generally decreasing day by day, and I don't know if I'm going to get over it if the insulin-responses are being forced upon me without me going even touching the bad-stuff.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Insulin spikes, FROM SMELL!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:06:51 am »
The stress from worrying about such things is worse than the actual problem in the first place. Just cope with it, it shouldn't cause anything.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:36:24 am »
It does read as stressful to you. HOwever,  smells and tastes do provide an insulin response.  Maybe just leaving the room might be enough for you.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 01:18:51 am »
I don't remember if it was a study or not ( so do not belive it! ) but it said that body will react to smell of sweet. Body started to produce more insulin only by smelling something sweet. That's memory! If you were eating sweets as a kid, your body remembers the insulin response or it's just natural.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk