Author Topic: Withdrawal maybe? Need a little help  (Read 5324 times)

Offline ambers

• Forager
    • View Profile
Withdrawal maybe? Need a little help
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:03:30 pm »
Hi all, I'm really new to this and I need a little help..

I'm 23, I started having eczema at age 18 and there was a point where it was exceptionally bad (it was literally all over, no skin spared). I was in constant pain and it itched like crazy and no amount of cortisteroids/oral steroids made it better. Eventually I was given seroquel (an antidepressant) to help with my insomnia. That seemed to work until half a year into it where my eczema broke out full force, in fact worse than before, and my scalp kept oozing some weird yellow liquid. That's when I decided to stop the medication cold turkey.

I had to take the term off (school) because I felt so sick, and that's when I started to read about all these diets. I tried water fasting, juice fasting, etc, eventually, my condition improved a little and I was eczema free except for my scalp and face. It has been very dry and would ooze the weird yellow liquid when I scratched it. I've tried various things, a fruitarian diet, raw vegan, recently raw paleo (this seemed to worsen it though). I don't know what I'm missing, and I have no idea whether its a detox effect from previous medication. I've tried to find forums about seroquel withdrawal to check the effects but I don't seem to find many, although people did complain of having an itchy scalp.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks!

(here's the wiki article on seroquel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine )

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawal maybe? Need a little help
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:16 pm »
Well this is a raw paleo diet forum, so most people will suggest try a raw paleo diet!

If you get on a fairly high fat diet and remove antinutrients and toxins from what you eat, it could well help your skin.

Offline ambers

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »
Yea, the Raw Paleo does seem to help a lot of people.. I think my immune system is pretty down at the moment (like another poster), but cooked paleo did not work for me. I guess I will stick to this for a while and try to get through the infection and fever I have now.. thanks =)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 03:32:59 am »
Sorry, I notice that you did try raw paleo so my response was not good. I don't want to give false hope I'm not a doctor, but I believe that raw paleo can give you the best chance with a lot of health stuff. It might take months not weeks to adapt properly though.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »
It seems to get worse before it gets better when eating raw paleo. You may have to ditch all carbs and get out in the sun for long periods.

You can also try ignoring it, never talk about it, look at it, research it. I can see a psychosomatic angle to yours as I had with mine. You seemed to substitute eczema for insomnia then back again. I'm two years free of eczema!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 08:27:06 pm »
I'm 4 years free of eczema too.

Did you do any detoxes?  Those can speed up the process.

Remind me via PM to give you the name of the singaporean guy who brought the Dr. Tsai Japanese technology to Singapore.  He has good results with the acupuncture and the herbs too.  And I believe Dr. Tsai also fed him a raw paleo diet in Japan, they even went to a restaurant with beef and horse sashimi.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 09:06:58 pm »
I wonder if there is a rawpalaeodiet-like movement in Japan? Perhaps even gurus like AV?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ambers

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:38:20 pm »
Do you know approximately how long it would take before i can see some visible results? I'm really tired trying to convince my mum this would work (she's on a typical diet and she believes i'm ruining my health, especially when the symptoms get worse) and it has been really trying..

Is it bad to suddenly go zero carb? I tried that for a few days and I had a whole host of symptoms. I've noticed that any time I eat a lot of meat I break out and feel very sick. I might have a kidney problem from the medication though. Is it better slowly breaking into it?

goodsamaritan, i've seen your eczema cure blog and I think it's awesome. I've been wanting to do a kidney detox(chronic kidney failure/diabetes is a side effect and I went to the doctor recently to do a blood test) but I don't think there's any avocado leaves around. Is there something else available? I looked at Dr Tsai's site but it did not seem to have a Singapore address. I'll try the acupuncture though =)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk