Author Topic: The Great Health Debate  (Read 22825 times)

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
The Great Health Debate
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:06:20 am »
So, it looks like this is will be a big online event with lots of debating about what is the best diet for us (focusing on animal foods vs. no animal foods). Daniel Vitalis and David Wolfe will be in there..

As of right now you can still sign up for free..

I doubt there will be too much for me to learn, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

http://www.renegadehealth.com/ghd/event5.html

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Health Debate
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:59:13 pm »
watap caveman :D

registered  :D

thanks.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 11:02:48 pm »
They have sally fallon as one of the experts but I think it would be a much better debate if they had someone like chris masterjohn who actually knows the science.

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:46:35 am »
David Wolfe is a coo-coo charlatan

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »
Anyone listen to today's broadcast?

Whenever I listened to Dr. Cousens's single interview, sometimes it felt like a bloody religious sermon rather than a scientific debate. He also seems adept at pulling correlations from every source imaginable.

Mercola during his private interview mostly said what I had already known and thankfully he isn't so presumptuous.

The dual interview was so strange. They both had such differing opinions yet they seemed to be agreeing on everything. I wish hoping for more action.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:12:57 pm by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:12:54 pm »
Anyone listen to today's broadcast?

I listened to it... most of it anyway, right now Gabe Cousins is trying to say that eating animals is not spiritual, and if you are not succeeding as a vegan then you are not doing it right. He also takes protein supplement. He keeps trying to brag.
Mercola speaks a lot of truth but none of it was new to me. Eat as local as possible, get EFAs, buy my product. He did bring forth the idea of eating raw animal foods, but seemed reluctant. He said he hardly cooks his meat, but um often doesn't. He is afraid of being called coo-coo, but I don't blame him. We all can't be me  8) LOL
Don't waste the three hours
I plan on catching the Daniel Vitalis segment, cuz he sooo dreamy.   l) haha!
But seriously, I am probably going to his segment because he is the only "health authority" I do not loath.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 01:14:49 pm »
Cousins just said(reluctantly) he cares more about spirituality than health. LOL
He is pulling the longer life span BS.
Earlier he also said that your baby is going to have lower SAT scores if your wife eats fish once a month while pregnant.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 01:16:16 pm »
I want to listen because it's entertaining and I may learn something.

I hoping for epic lols tomorrow.

Sally Fallon vs. Dr. T Colin Campbell

The fail will surely be strong with this one. XD

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:16:47 pm »
Cousins just said(reluctantly) he cares more about spirituality than health. LOL
The interview is over. Are you listening to it just now?

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:57 pm »
Gabe Cousins is trying to say that eating animals is not spiritual, and if you are not succeeding as a vegan then you are not doing it right. He also takes protein supplement. He keeps trying to brag.

So the vegan rhetoric continues. >D
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:21:24 pm »
Anyone interested needs to listen within the next 24 hours, when it will be taken down.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 01:22:05 pm »
Cousins just said(reluctantly) he cares more about spirituality than health.

Interesting.If that's the case he should become a monk and stop selling health books  >D

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 01:24:49 pm »
Interesting.If that's the case he should become a monk and stop selling health books  >D

He had sort of a vague, veiled way of assuming moral superiority like some religious people do.

On one hand he says that his way is not morally superior yet says eating plants is more spiritual.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »
http://www.renegadehealth.com/ghd/blog/videopopup/night1.html

Free for 24 hours I think.
SF v TCC    ..... O my agod LOL
T.Colin Campbell is obviously not healthy, I saw him in a video a while back and NO THANKS!
Sally Fallon is ok, but the whole freezing your butter and meat is coo coo. Traditional my ass.

GC update... Rough quote"A thousand years ago milk was healthy, now things have changed. What was healthy in 1900, may not be healthy now" He also blamed Chernobyl for contaminating all of the grass, everywhere, which makes cows bad for eating.  l)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:40 pm »
"I believe people should have a right to have raw milk, even if its going to KILLEM" GC

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 01:34:55 pm »
A thousand years ago milk was healthy, now things have changed. What was healthy in 1900, may not be healthy now" He also blamed Chernobyl for contaminating all of the grass, everywhere, which makes cows bad for eating.

My face when he said that

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 01:45:43 pm »
Now I am just listening and imagining how I would destroy a veg who made these claims.
He is failing epically. Once I thought he was a credible source of info, I must have been protein deficient.  :D
Maybe if I was a SAD eater trying to cure diabetes or cancer, I may have gone to his clinic but as for life long dietary recommendations.... No not at all

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 01:58:36 pm »
He did bring forth the idea of eating raw animal foods, but seemed reluctant. He said he hardly cooks his meat, but um often doesn't. He is afraid of being called coo-coo, but I don't blame him. We all can't be me  8) LOL

I understand that he wouldn't. I mean most people are repulsed by the idea of raw animal foods. He wants to help people become healthier in a way that appeals to the common man. Not many people will be attracted to our diet. It is not ideal, but it is MUCH better than how someone would fare on the SAD. I respect him very much. If he went gung-ho about promoting raw meats, people will start to think he is nuts, and many people won't take many of his other good advice. I frequent his site, and there is always great information.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 03:00:03 pm »
I understand that he wouldn't. I mean most people are repulsed by the idea of raw animal foods. He wants to help people become healthier in a way that appeals to the common man. Not many people will be attracted to our diet. It is not ideal, but it is MUCH better than how someone would fare on the SAD. I respect him very much. If he went gung-ho about promoting raw meats, people will start to think he is nuts, and many people won't take many of his other good advice. I frequent his site, and there is always great information.

Agreed, I see nothing wrong with it. I just like to point out absurdities.

I am definitely going to listen to the rest of these dialogs. This one was not much of a debate, I wonder if anyone is going to go nuts...

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 12:00:41 am »
im waiting for daniel vitalis

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 12:16:51 am »
im waiting for daniel vitalis

Me too. He seems to be the most in tune to his nature and I believe his teachings, although sometimes obvious, are the most important to be gathered from any of these people.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:32 am »
He and David Wolfe are going to be debating... oh ma lawd  LOL

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:04 am »
6. There are no meat-eating healing centers that I know of.

Dr. Mercola confirmed that he didn’t know of any place where people go to heal that has meat on the menu.

I do not know of a place either.

This, in itself, is very good evidence that for healing illness removing these types of foods from your diet may be effective.

Surprising that this great health debate host does not know of any Meat Eating Healing Center. All he knows are vegan, vegetarian healing centers. Perhaps he hasn’t heard that Max Gerson heals people with raw livers. Perhaps he hasn’t heard about how I cure friends and family with raw meat, raw fat, raw oysters, raw clams, raw fish, raw liver, raw eggs. Well, Mr. Host, I’m here to introduce you to myself and my friend who uses meat eating in healing.

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2011/02/08/meat-eating-healing-center-in-the-philippines-vander-gaditano/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 08:21:36 am »
the debate was fairly uneventful. In a way Mercola acted way too respectful, and Cousens was a good match as he actually has way more credibility and understanding of physiology than most other self claimed gurus. Of course he's fairly blind that very few people seem to successfully live doing what he says in comparison to Mercola. In a weird way Cousens played good politics and basically agree with much of what mercola said...and probably angered alot of vegans as always suggesting his 'low carb' diet of supplements and that most vegan diets can be problematic. He throught he would have gotten Mercola to agree that this 'low carb' diet was best for most diseases which Mercola actually explained he doesn't recommend it for all people due 'metabolic typing'.

if you listened to the very end of the three hours...Cousens actually did let some shit loose which I had heard in the past from others that had attend his talks. He basically believes (or at least says) that 100 years ago even (never-mind cave era) that meats and dairy were much healthier..and have since been destroyed by radiation from Chernobyl and other things. You hear the 'eat lower on the food chain' BS alot from vegans..but he claims to have actually tested materials for such compounds and such. The thing that makes this super suspicious is he then tried to ignore most of the other problems that are generally seen to have increased cancer risk among other advanced disease. In adition he's crazy about finding people in the past that wee on a plant based diet, so it seems more like excuses to demonize animal foods which he already sees as infeior, and not superior food that has been contaminated.

I dunno. my prediction is this will be the only potentially legitimate criticism lobbed at paleo type nutrition in the entire rest of the debates.

He also said he could only do 70 push-ups when he was a footbal captain, and now did 600+ recently. Obviously he must not be talking about in a row...or if he is..pass the spirulinia and Carintine supplements please. Turns out the record for push ups in a row non-stop was 10,507. wtf!!???

the most outrageous thing that was said was that many American Indians were on a 100%! plant based diet or only included a little animal food. um ok

Mercola gained alot of my respect for just being cool and not really making very many set statements about what was healthy..only that he believed everyone needed some to alot of animal foods for optimal health, and that he believed eating most of your diet raw including all his eggs and much of his meat. Pretty amazing for the person that runs the worlds largest health portal.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 08:38:42 am »
Thanks KD,btw is AV supposed to participate on this deal?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk