Author Topic: Article comparing cooked food consumption to smoking cigarettes  (Read 3286 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

Re: Article comparing cooked food consumption to smoking cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:16:37 pm »
There is a big difference between eating and smoking.  The harmful substances are not absorbed by the same way.
When one inhale polluted air, the substances go straight to the blood (via the lung).
When one ingest food , the substances go through the process of digestion, and are filtered/transformed at different levels (stomach, intestine, liver).

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:00:10 pm by carnivore »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:28:13 pm »
I have read an opinion by a raw vegan naturopath about eating grilled chicken... of course, all that smoke gets into the meat and you eat it.

When I did my cooked meat experiments I found out the hard way.  Aches and pains from eating grilled pork.

Now when I sear meat for my kids I just use a hot metal plate.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:16:20 am »
There is a big difference between eating and smoking.  The harmful substances are not absorbed by the same way.
When one inhale polluted air, the substances go straight to the blood (via the lung).
When one ingest food , the substances go through the process of digestion, and are filtered/transformed at different levels (stomach, intestine, liver)

That may be so. But if cigarette smoke affects the lungs and the blood, cooked food affects the entire digestive system on its way, causing eventual harm to the pancreas(why so many cooked foodists suffer from enzyme-insufficency) and many other organs along the way. So, arguably, its effect is likely worse than cigarette smoke.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk