Author Topic: Feeder mice  (Read 4561 times)

Offline MaverickHunter40245

• Forager
    • View Profile
Feeder mice
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:38:14 am »
I've been thinking:  People buy mice to feed to their pets, such as not only reptiles, but also more conventional pets, like dogs.  Said pets generally eat the entire mouse, bones, organs, and all.  They are said to be very healthy for the dogs.  Our digestive systems are virtually identical to those of dogs.  Also, according to Wikipedia (The mouse article), people have eaten mice since prehistoric times.  So the question is: Have any of you ever eaten feeder mice?

xylothrill

Re: Feeder mice
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:46:58 am »
I can't say that I have. I've only kept snakes to whom I'd feed them. I do hear though that some Asians put pinkies in with their wine and supposedly has some medicinal properties or health benefits. This is according to a friend from Hong Kong and another from Thailand.

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:10:47 pm »
OUr digestive system is really closest to the pig(an omnivore), not to dogs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 02:14:01 pm »
I can't say that I have. I've only kept snakes to whom I'd feed them. I do hear though that some Asians put pinkies in with their wine and supposedly has some medicinal properties or health benefits. This is according to a friend from Hong Kong and another from Thailand.

Craig

What do you mean by pinkies?

Some people call themselves vampires and drink a little blood regularly from feeder rats when no people have made an agreement to donate blood to them.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 08:00:19 pm »
What do you mean by pinkies?
Pinkies are the newborn mice; the babies before they grow their fur. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 11:24:47 am »
In Thai land pinkies are a delicacy. Unless you breed your own, the only way to get pinkies are at a pet store. Most likely they where raised on GMO food pellets. Also in my area big chain pet stores bought out all the locals & small chains. Live mice,rats or pinkies are impossible to find. They come all dead & frozen now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk