Author Topic: Himalayan Salt Experiences. Yay or Nay?  (Read 14538 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Himalayan Salt Experiences. Yay or Nay?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 05:50:51 am »
On reading this I was thinking that every dissolved mineral ends up in the sea, so sea salt would be the best.

But on researching how sea salt is produced I now understand that during evaporation calcium sulphate deposits  first, then the brine is moved on to a new pond where sodium chloride (table salt) is deposited , then the brine is discarded before the other salts are deposited to prevent the salt being 'contaminated' by sulphates and magnesium which would affect its taste.

So this explains why rock salt could be better as it includes more other salts.

(http://www.dominionsalt.co.nz/acatalog/saltmaking.pdf)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 07:13:35 pm »
I bought this salt.. http://funfreshfoods.com/all-brands/real-food-trading-co/himalayan-pink-salt.html  mostly because it said it is raw unprocessed natural mineral salt.  I don't even really eat it though, I don't add salt to my diet as I feel like I get enough salt from the the lightly salted raw cheese i eat and from the meat I eat, even the cheese tastes too salty for me sometimes.

I also felt as if I was a drug addict to salt when I was trying to switch from SAD to raw, I sometimes couldn't control myself from eating salty foods because I just wanted to keep eating it and eating it and it was not good at all.. I would end up eating salty pizza or something, and I couldn't stop myself from eating the whole thing even when I was full, and making myself feel extremely sick from stuffing myself, so I have a bit of an aversion to salt.  Luckily I'm over the addiction now, I don't crave salt anymore nor does it make me want to stuff myself sick so much.  The only thing it's even added to is the cheese I eat, which might even be one of the reasons I love eating cheese so much though.. but I haven't been able to find a salt-free raw cheese.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:46 am »
i recall being quite indifferent when experimenting with it. My cheese has sea salt in it because i have no other choice but i still fel great after eating my cheese. I have no doubt that conventional salt is terrible but i feel real salt isnt as bad. that being said id much rather have some salty vegetable juice or animal blood than put salt on my food. that type of raw salt makes me feel invigorated and energized while stuff like himalayan doesnt really do that.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk