Author Topic: Blood - The most overlooked nutrient?  (Read 21862 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Blood - The most overlooked nutrient?
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2011, 06:37:30 am »
raw milk changes a lot faster then raw meat, first all the fat separates to the top, and now mine after around 1-2 weeks later @ room temp seems to be turning into yogurt ^_^ - after I ate all the fat off the top

but yeah I'm pretty sure you can leave it out as long as you want, it'll just get predigested from the bacteria

Wow, nothing like cooked milk.  I can't wait to get my hands on some raw milk now.  I definately want to make yogurt.  I think buttermilk is also made without heating, and I love buttermilk.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2011, 10:12:50 pm »
I get these large beef cases that have a little blood in them, I will drink it every chance I get.

I seem to get a good boost from drinking a large cup every couple of weeks, although I wish I could get some fresh from the animal.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:32:26 am by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »
I get these large beef cases that have a little blood in them, I will drink it every chance I get.

I seem to get a good boast from drinking a large cup every couple of weeks, although I wish I could get some fresh from the animal.

Tasty! How did it taste? Salty, sweet, watery, tasteless, minerally, irony, grassy, etc?

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 06:38:24 am »

I seem to get a good boost from drinking a large cup every couple of weeks, although I wish I could get some fresh from the animal.

If it comes with meat it is mostly myoglobin, which is similar to hemoglobin/blood.  When they slaughter the cow they do a good job of draining all of the blood.  Only residual amounts are left in the veins and heart.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:28:53 am by magnetic »

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2011, 07:30:28 am »
I am noticing an effect from drinking all this raw blood.  My stools have changed color from brown to dark black and are like dirt (I think it is described as tarry in other places).  This is due to all the iron I am consuming.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2011, 07:48:50 am »
The beef case blood is a little more diluted and thinner than slaughter house blood, but it is still refreshing to drink. The taste varies from case to case, sometimes it is a bit sour tasting, while this blood I have now is bland and mild. It is has a mineral water element to it, that makes it real thirst quenching.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:28:20 am by sabertooth »

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 09:11:21 am »
vampirez

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »
Every now and then I am possessed by the Idea that some old order of vampire slayers will try to hunt me down and drive a stake into my heart.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk