Author Topic: Sex drive on a raw diet?  (Read 47385 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Sex drive on a raw diet?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 05:31:29 pm »
Well, I'm a girl, and I haven't noticed that much of a drop in my sex drive since I started eating more fruit than anything.. though, I don't think my want for sex has ever been effected by my diet.  Though, I am still a virgin and don't actually have sex or anything.  But uh, yeah, I haven't noticed anything I eat making me want sex more or less, even when switching from SAD to 100% raw.. I think I'm more affected by outside sources than internal..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 06:57:30 am »
Well, I'm a girl, and I haven't noticed that much of a drop in my sex drive since I started eating more fruit than anything.. though, I don't think my want for sex has ever been effected by my diet.  Though, I am still a virgin and don't actually have sex or anything.  But uh, yeah, I haven't noticed anything I eat making me want sex more or less, even when switching from SAD to 100% raw.. I think I'm more affected by outside sources than internal..
Yah I've never had a change because of diet either and as far as I know most people don't except fruitarians. So far almost all fruitarians over 1 year of the diet seem to experience it. I never was able to last a full year fruitarian, by then end my teeth hurt so much that I couldn't breath through my mouth.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

CitrusHigh

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 12:35:56 pm »
Probably a bit of an increase in drive for me. But nothing like cannabis for shear horniness and yohimbe works a treat too, at least physically it makes you um, harder  :o  -d

Those two substances are the closest I've seen to what people call aphrodisiacs. I know a lot of other substances can help put you in the mood, but nothing makes you directly want to screw like these two.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:52 am »
My sex drive actually reduced a bit when I switched to RPD. I'm more in control of myself now as opposed to previously when I was a mass of hormones.

I still annoy my wife with a constant desire for sex though so I guess it didn't diminish much. :P

My recent experiments with high fruit intake did significantly reduce my drive. Extensive aerobic exercise also reduces my drive.

This pretty much sums up my experience.  I went from hypersexed to being on an even keel.  I had no sex drive when I was vegan.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 09:46:12 am »
    I think how we enjoy or dislike smell is important.  Before I tried RAF, some smells bothered me, such as: some men, some sweat, some other body fluids. 

Before RAF, and now, I have to know what a man smells like before I know if I am really attracted to him or not.   :D

That's why I hate cologne so much, makes me wonder 'who are you??'   ;D   

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 10:00:09 am »
Found a man yet?

When I go by smell I'm even picker than ever. When you meet each other though and you 'match' I think both people know it, don't you think?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 12:58:54 pm »
I have a smell hound instinct that has become very active since starting paleo. I beg my wife not to wash with soap or use deodorant, She usually is a clean freak but every now and then she will treat me aromatically to that intoxicating scent. Its incredibly luscious and she knows it will get my attention anytime. Its kind of weird , but I seem to almost crave the scent and will sniff around desperately for just a hint. Even if most of the smell has been washed away I can sometimes get just enough of a whiff to satisfy the craving.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »
Before RAF, and now, I have to know what a man smells like before I know if I am really attracted to him or not.   :D

That's why I hate cologne so much, makes me wonder 'who are you??'   ;D   

On RPD, my wife does not like the way I smell.  :(
She wants me to use the deodorant she bought because I don't buy any.
I like the way my wife smells all the time from 20 years ago until today.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:37 pm »
On RPD, my wife does not like the way I smell.  :(
She wants me to use the deodorant she bought because I don't buy any.
I like the way my wife smells all the time from 20 years ago until today.

If a girl said that to me I would dump her.

Albert Camus

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 07:46:33 pm »
On RPD, my wife does not like the way I smell.

With every year living 100% raw my smell becomes more sensitive and I made the converse experience: I didn't like the smell of my cooking husband any more. Meanwhile we are seperated. I wonder if mixed raw/cooked relationships have a chance to work in the long term. Not only the smell changes but the way of thinking change too.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:36 am »
My GF is on a cooked diet, yet we both love the way our armpits smell when not using de odorant. We both think it smells like sex and it gets us really horny. Therefore, we never wear deodorant when it is just the two of us.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 06:44:06 am »
My GF is on a cooked diet, yet we both love the way our armpits smell when not using de odorant. We both think it smells like sex and it gets us really horny. Therefore, we never wear deodorant when it is just the two of us.

Haha, I'm really attracted by my girlfriend's armpits as well, I don't think she understands, though. The natural bodily scents from the opposite sex can really get me going, that is if the female eats relatively healthy and isn't sedentary. I hate all of that nasty deodorant and shampoos that people cover themselves in daily..

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 10:11:03 am »
The natural bodily scents from the opposite sex can really get me going, that is if the female eats relatively healthy and isn't sedentary. I hate all of that nasty deodorant and shampoos that people cover themselves in daily..

Agreed.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 03:49:09 pm »
The only problem is that we represent a small percentage of people, for now,
Most common folk want you to smell like chemicals.
Or else you must be some kind of hippy who needs to "grow up"

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 02:33:51 pm »
High. I'm 20! LOL!
Higher with cannabis use.. VERY high..

Ever had coitus, then cuddle for a quick break while drinking coconut juice (from the fruit) then resume? No? Try it. Use the beach as a prop.. but make sure it is legal where you are. I know they won't let me back to the beach again. HAH! Just kiddin'.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 02:53:54 pm »
Sure with the amount of zinc and iron yes the urge would be increased, but the actual sensations have been diminished because of male genital mutilation and in the case of females female genital mutilation. Look up foreskin restoration and most people can regain SOME of the sensitivity lost with the prepuce by removing keratin, growing tissue and mucosa.

Offline Rawdietforhealth

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2011, 11:50:28 pm »
Yes, I agree that it has increased quite a bit.  I definitely have more stamina than before and feel a lot less tired.  No need for coffee or tea on this diet!

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 03:17:17 am »
The only problem is that we represent a small percentage of people, for now,
Most common folk want you to smell like chemicals.
Or else you must be some kind of hippy who needs to "grow up"

My boss harasses me constantly about my natural smell, which can be quite strong.  And I'm not talking about an unbathed smell, my sweat glands put out a powerful odor.  It's one of the things that attracted my S.O. to me when we first met.

My boss bought me deodorant but I refuse to wear it. 

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 05:13:52 am »
...My boss bought me deodorant... 
What a dick
I smell pretty strong some times, not nearly as dank as the first few months though.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 05:32:28 am »
What a dick
I smell pretty strong some times, not nearly as dank as the first few months though.

She (my boss) also likes to run around spraying deodorizer out of a can every time she smells something "funny."  Which is very often.  But she is losing her mind and I think that the whole smell thing is part of her neurosis. 

Have you noticed any other men smelling?  I have smelled the B.O. of men after a physical workout, you know, the locker room smell.  But regular odor is different, not as rank.  I will be the first to admit that I can smell quite strongly sometimes... especially if there are attractive ladies around (that seems to kick my scents into high gear).  But I do not smell like I've been living in a trash heap.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 07:19:34 am »
Your smell probably confuses her on some sexual/power level. Something is off kilt and she doesn't understand what is happening (ie female giving orders to an alpha male) and the primitve part of her brain is not handling it. She wants an alpha to take charge so she can relax, be happy and go back to being feminine.

Alphas do smell more

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 07:22:27 am »
BTW what is a S.O.?

Albert Camus

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:33 am »
BTW what is a S.O.?

Significant other. To find out these things type e.g. 'S.O Urban Dic' into google and open the 'Urban Dictionary' link.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 07:28:07 am »
My boss buys me deodorant, perhaps alphas don't like the smell of other alphas(it challenges their authority on some primitive subconscious level)

The masses of laborers were basically conditioned to conform to mandatory deodorizing. Many betas are in charge of alphas on the production lines and they need to cull off the pheromones in order to keep order in the Ranks(if you know what I mean)
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 07:30:05 am »
Significant other. To find out these things type e.g. 'S.O Urban' into google and open the 'Urban Dictionary' link.

Yeah but that was easier shit that was quick!

Another thing, if a girl starts acting crazy around you it nearly always means they are extremely attracted to you.

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk