Author Topic: Help with diet.  (Read 18787 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Help with diet.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 06:33:33 am »
it's not too much, i've been reading as i'm sure are others :)

if it's any help... i had severe intestinal inflammation that has been gone since summer! i know i cannot eat fruits/veg... at least not yet. and like carnivore said, too much food is also problematic.  like if i eat too much fat i can tell because i don't feel as well in digestion. the last non-raw paleo thing i ate was a cooked chicken breast (from farm) and i ate it completely plain (just baked and no seasoning/salt). the inflammation not only returned, but was within 24 hours among some of the worst symptoms i've ever had with ibs. raw works for me.  probably easier to stay raw and without fear when i fear more the cooked food. i intend to try organs.. eventually :)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 06:53:47 am »
All the meats are raw. I had heart once but didn't like the 'suet' in it. I have been consuming a small amount of liver, post-exercise, prior to consuming muscle-meat/fat; although this isn't really set and I've had it some other times  too. I had to get the liver from the butcher not the supermarket, as I can't consume that much of it and it just goes off too much, since my gut seems still to be struggling with the high-bacteria levels.

How are you storing the meats?

Increase the organ makeup - if you cant handle the taste, use a curry spice blend, or a basic cayenne, turmeric curcumin, COMPLETELY kills the taste of organ meats & dip into some raw cream - delicious, great for beginners just starting to eat organs

If you've got digestive problems, take charcoal, or kefir, both acclimatise your digestive system

The above will rapidly allow you to adapt your body

I've been where you are, large amounts of organs are the key to adapting your body to fat as a fuel

The inflammation is a normal response, cut out all fruits & carbs until your inflammation clears up
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:02:18 am by roony »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 07:02:52 am »
Why would I I disguise it's natural taste? If I thought it was good I could gobble down 1kg of liver, however much my body told me not to. It's not that I actually couldn't eat more of it, but I don't feel(from the taste) that I should... of that particular organ anyway.

I'm storing the meats in the fridge, but I've been leaving them out of the fridge before eating,(For quite a number of hours including over-night for morning food), other than the liver and some sort of fat(probably suet) which a butcher gave to me for free, since I won't have much of this stuff at once. The room I'm leaving the meat is fairly cold anyway.

By 'Increase the organ makeup' do you just mean to eat more organs? I could make an effort to get more variety in organs, but there isn't much variation in the standard produce. Really just Heart and Liver, perhaps an occasional kidney(which I haven't tried yet) available.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 07:15:19 am »
Why would I I disguise it's natural taste? If I thought it was good I could gobble down 1kg of liver, however much my body told me not to. It's not that I actually couldn't eat more of it, but I don't feel(from the taste) that I should... of that particular organ anyway.

I'm storing the meats in the fridge, but I've been leaving them out of the fridge before eating,(For quite a number of hours including over-night for morning food), other than the liver and some sort of fat(probably suet) which a butcher gave to me for free, since I won't have much of this stuff at once. The room I'm leaving the meat is fairly cold anyway.

By 'Increase the organ makeup' do you just mean to eat more organs? I could make an effort to get more variety in organs, but there isn't much variation in the standard produce. Really just Heart and Liver, perhaps an occasional kidney(which I haven't tried yet) available.

You're tastebuds havent acclimatised to the taste of organs, i've been eating organs for a while & i still cant stand the taste, you're taste buds simply get overloaded from the amount of nutrients & tells you not to eat them, its basically an instinctive response

The spices will allow your tastebuds to adjust & you will start to want to eat them in huge portions without the spices after a while, im just beginning to crave them without the spices, it takes about 1 or 2 months, depending on how normalised your taste buds are to low level nutrients

Ring you butcher or shop to order what ever you need, the day before or days you goto pick them up

Store all your meats in jars, this is especially important for organs, high quality liver will last up to 2 weeks in an air tight glass jar
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:22:09 am by roony »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 07:20:16 am »
What organs should I get and in what proportions? What quantity should I eat them in relative to muscle-meats? Aren't there increased parasite risks with certain organs? And what will it do for how I feel if I eat more of them?

So far I've been getting 'standard' beef/lamb, as I think this is grass-fed at least most of it's life before being 'grain-finished'(Whatever that really means).
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 07:47:24 am »
What organs should I get and in what proportions? What quantity should I eat them in relative to muscle-meats? Aren't there increased parasite risks with certain organs? And what will it do for how I feel if I eat more of them?

So far I've been getting 'standard' beef/lamb, as I think this is grass-fed at least most of it's life before being 'grain-finished'(Whatever that really means).

Grain finished arent grass fed, basically fed massive amounts of grain to fatten up the meat, before it gets to the abbatoir & market, you have to get fully grass fed beef

Start with small chunks of 50 to 70 grams of organs, i usually take 25 grams kidneys, 50 to 70+ grams liver, basically around 50 grams of all organs you have available is good if your beginning

Dont chew the organs, chop them up into small swallowable chunks, even with the spices chewing will release juices overloading your tastebuds, not pleasant for beginners lol

Swallowing organs & meats is the key for beginners to adjust, the nutrients released overload their tastebuds, i've noticed africans adapt rapidly, chewing raw meats & organs straight away ...

As long as you avoid grain finished, & commercial meat, you wont get harmful parasites, the dangerous strains only occur in nature to break down diseased meats & organs

Organs regenerate rapidly your muscles organs, fillets steaks muscle meats nourish, white meats fish poultry etc regenerate connective & nervous tissue

Due to the lack of high quality white meats, i dont recommend white meats to clients until theyve rebuilt their immune system for at least 3 or 4 months on the above

You need to find fish labelled mercury free, & fully pastured cockerel run poultry, let me know if you find any  ....

The more organs you eat, the faster your immune system rebuilds itself, the more balanced & the easier it becomes to concentrate & focus, the difference is spectacular, especially on large amounts of liver, 150+ grams is incredible

Where in the u.k are you? I know most of the decent farmer markets in the u.k ..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:56:49 am by roony »

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 08:13:20 am »
it's not too much, i've been reading as i'm sure are others :)

if it's any help... i had severe intestinal inflammation that has been gone since summer! i know i cannot eat fruits/veg... at least not yet. and like carnivore said, too much food is also problematic.  like if i eat too much fat i can tell because i don't feel as well in digestion. the last non-raw paleo thing i ate was a cooked chicken breast (from farm) and i ate it completely plain (just baked and no seasoning/salt). the inflammation not only returned, but was within 24 hours among some of the worst symptoms i've ever had with ibs. raw works for me.  probably easier to stay raw and without fear when i fear more the cooked food. i intend to try organs.. eventually :)

Your inflammation is reduced alot better on organs, the larger amount of minerals & nutrients in organs heal your toxins stored in your body faster then lean meats.

Inflammation & rashes are only caused when, you ingest cooked foods, or carbs & fruits, dairy too if your ability to handle proteins & fats is impaired, if your body hasnt fully detoxed your tissues of toxins, they rapidly rise to the surface, causing rashes, inflammation, basically they detox too fast for your cells & bacteria to contain them, so they get released into your system, skin tissues etc.

Organs build up your cells & bacteria much faster then muscle meats, minimising the detox side effects when starting

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 01:52:17 am »
I'm living in Herefordshire, and soon will be living near Birmingham. Can you tell me where I can get this fully-pastured(and I assume organic, whether or not they need to meet official 'organic' standards I don't know) meat, close to me? I'll need to get the best value that I can on this meat(e.g. contract buying, cheaper cuts or whatever they can offer).

Why would grain-finished be more likely to have parasites/bad bacteria which would affect me negatively? And is 'grain-finished' meat virtually the same as 'grain-fed' meat..?

P.S. You mentioned clients. Clients of what, what do you do?

Thanks.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 02:17:41 am »
You can get high quality grass fed, none grain fed meat from Northfield Farm, or the ginger pig, they deliver

They can also source all the organs you need

Get deboned breast of lamb if you're on a budget, about £3-£4 a kg, or a kg of brisket for around £8 if you want a fatty cut, ask them to chop the brisket into mini steaks/fillets

The fats from grain fed, or grain finished meats, arent healthy, plus the grains contain gmo feed, or stuff like soya

They wont do much in the short term, but long term use will

I've been researching alternative health, for a while, about 6 years, & have successfully helped plenty of people from illnesses, from life threatening heart disease & vascular damage, to stuff like chronic ulcerative colitis & stomach cancer

William

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 02:50:33 am »
Why would grain-finished be more likely to have parasites/bad bacteria which would affect me negatively? And is 'grain-finished' meat virtually the same as 'grain-fed' meat..?

Grain-finished or grain fed or more accurately commercial fodder finished animals are sick, so have a crippled immune system unable to control parasites/bad bacteria.

You could search "commercial fodder" or "feedlot beef" or some such and find what they are actually fed, if you want to turn your stomach.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 03:04:39 am »
Northfield Farm is Organic? And how do I know what the animals are fed? It doesn't really seem to say even that the lamb/beef is grass-fed only. As for meat other than beef/lamb I don't know what they should be fed.

Also... This(Northfield Farm) is definitely the closest to me(South of Hereford)? It seems to be 124 miles from me. Can they really deliver to me cost-effectively if there's not one closer? When I'm moving, also, I'll be in Walsall. I'll contact Northfield Farm asap anyway.

The Ginger Pig doesn't seem to have much useful info on-line at all.

Thanks.

Side Note: I've got some gut-problems atm making me feel like not eating although I haven't eaten much and know I normally would be hungry and I have signs of needing food. Should I just eat anyway? I'm guessing it's 'bad'/high bacteria from some of the raw meat I've been eating.. I certainly hope it's not parasitic anyway, that would suck...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:19:11 am by miles »

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 03:30:15 am »
You can ask them, i know because i can taste the grass & silage in the meat, same for the ginger pig, you can taste the hay in the meat, its that fresh, but i hate the taste of hay lol

Theyre not the closest, but i know them & theyre meat is high quality, unfortunately i dont know the quality of the meats in the markets in your area, which is why i recommended you get them delivered, while you find a good supplier near you

Theyre not organic, you can get organic, but organic grass fed is pricey & not that much different

If you're hungry eat lol

Dont worry about parasites, unless you get visible bleeding in your stools etc

You could be just sated, just avoid thinking the worst, its alot safer then you think, once you get some real nutrition you'll be fine

You'll also need to find a supplier for unpasturised grass fed butter & some cream, red23 sell raw goats milk, but cows milk is supposed to be superior

Hurdlebrook sell cream

I dont recommend cheese, as its heated

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 03:41:18 am »
Why would I want dairy products..?

When you say they're not Organic, do you just mean that they don't meet the official organic standards i.e They don't follow a few necessary procedures to acquire the label, but raise their animals just as well? Or do they still pump hormones and stuff in to the animals...? And you said hay.. Is this what people mean by grass-fed? Grass and hay seem like quite different things, and if you can taste the hay and don't like it, how can it be good...?

How should I go about finding a good supplier near me? Do you think the Northfield Farm would help me find one if I asked, if they'd even know?

How much do you think the delivery over 124 miles would cost..? Of course I shall do what I can to find a supplier near me 'by myself', but are you sure you, or anyone else here don't know of, or know someone who would know of good suppliers closer to me?

Less Important: Why should I get the Breast of Lamb 'de-boned'?

Thanks.

Edit: The delivery is apparently £9.95 regardless of where you live. Does this mean I won't get better delivery prices by ordering closer to home anyway? It seems unlikely that it'd be feasible for me to collect directly from a farm or their market anyway even if it was closer, but I don't know..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:47:38 am by miles »

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 03:50:28 am »
Delivery should be £10

Very few high quality grass fed farmers in the u.k bother with being organic accredited, they were organic before the cert was invented lol

Organics allow antibiotics, very few grass fed owners use antibiotics, as they dont need them

Google farm markets in your area, & ring the farms who sell there, ask them how they feed their cattle, dont tell them you need grass fed lol

You can also check the list of suppliers by tyler in the beginners section

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 04:11:04 am »
I don't see how I can find local suppliers by my self, I'll need some sort of help. Who should I go to? Isn't there anyone on here who knows? Would a local-butcher be likely to know, and to tell me if he did..?

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 04:13:50 am »
Check here for suppliers, also look on seeds of health, or google grass fed liver or beef

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 04:22:23 am »
None of the places that I can find on seeds-of-health or any kind of search on the internet so far are close to me(which seems sort of odd since Herefordshire is quite rural in general - but it may be that it's teeming with such farms, but because it has so many of them they don't make such a big cahoot with websites and stuff)... If I can't collect the meat myself, which I really need to; to save £10 per order, I really may as well just order from Northfield Farm.

I am thinking that in order to find somewhere close enough for me to pick the meat up myself, I would need to find it 'by word of mouth'. That is: Someone telling me about the place, or even telling me what sort of people would be able to tell me about such a place.

I would've ordered already, for in the mean-time, but I can't until Friday anyway. That's why I'm still frantic about finding a place. By Friday I will definitely be ordering from Northfield farm if I can't find somewhere closer before then.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 04:36:51 am »

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 06:11:19 am »
Why would I want dairy products..?
Most of us will tell you that you don't. Some here do, or feel that they do, well on them so advocate them. Others, myself included, do not.

When you say they're not Organic, do you just mean that they don't meet the official organic standards i.e They don't follow a few necessary procedures to acquire the label, but raise their animals just as well? Or do they still pump hormones and stuff in to the animals...? And you said hay.. Is this what people mean by grass-fed? Grass and hay seem like quite different things, and if you can taste the hay and don't like it, how can it be good...?
Most of the time the farmers feeding their animals grass haven't bothered as it's an additional cost (and a high one at that) to get certified organic. Some grassfed farmers do use hormones but the majority will not. Antibiotics are also not a necessity if the animals are eating right. :)
Grass is grass. Hay is dried grass used to overwinter the animals when there is not fresh grass to eat.
Grain is grain. Silage is dried grain stalks also used to overwinter animals.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk