Author Topic: More on non-dietary paths to health  (Read 1260 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
More on non-dietary paths to health
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:01:32 am »
Hi all,

I was forced to indulge(or rather endure) in a lot of non-RPD stuff at Christmas and New Year. I can sometimes, but not always, choose a raw version of what others are eating cooked, but it is rude and nigh impossible to decline offerings from people who've baked them themselves etc. Anyway, I recently developed some nerve pain derived from my backbone, and had a standard massage from a professional masseur for the very first time in my life. I felt marvellous afterwards.  I develop all sorts of bad sitting/standing postures/habits and such a massage is very good at getting rid of the negative effects of such bad habits.

I have decided to forego my usual skiing holiday for various reasons this year. Instead, I am saving to do an "Ultimate" skiing holiday next year, spending 5 days with mountain-guides in the most beautiful off-piste areas, finally buying and altering  a pair of ski-boots that for once  don't gradually crush my lower legs to pulp, and  getting a masseur to rub the aches away at the end of  each day.

All I am saying is that obsessing about diet can lead to orthorexia, and simple methods such as massage or the Alexander Technique or chiropractic or whatever can do a lot of good too.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: More on non-dietary paths to health
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:42:34 am »
Amen to this. I've been quite intrigued by the idea of applying Total Load Theory to human health, as been done by Beth Lambert of the Documenting Hope Project. Those who are interested can watch Beth's most recent talk at the Nourish Vermont Traditional Food and Health Gathering, which took place this past June (link takes you to YouTube video):

Nourish Vermont 2016 Beth Lambert

TLT states that, at any one time, there are many stressors operating on the human body, and many factors operating to reduce the negative impact of those stressors. Diet can be both a stressor, or a force helping to reduce stress. A lot of other factors can help reduce stress too, though.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: More on non-dietary paths to health
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:03:11 am »
I think I will write up about my own and others' non-dietary positive health-experiences in the relevant section:- Info  for Newbies. It is always disheartening, but inevitable, that people will find out that one particular method does not solve all problems. I'll do that in a few days, obviously pointing out the vaguely-cheapest(yet still effective) non-dietary methods, while allowing others to add anything extra they think is necessary in further posts. I hope it will save some time for various members...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk