Author Topic: Raw Fat Sources  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Raw Fat Sources
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:14:21 am »
I'm looking for raw fat that I can easily digest. I have had problems with suet in the past, although I wonder if it's worth giving another shot.

1.) What raw fats do you recommend? (If you recommend suet, please let me know as well.)

2.) Where can you order them online?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Fat Sources
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:54:22 am »
Some of us, myself included, seem not to properly digest raw suet. After I eat suet, I usually have to go more quickly than usual to the bathroom and my stools are then  loose and bright yellow. I far prefer raw tongue and raw marrow for my fats - oh, and the fat on raw leg of lamb. To get hold of raw organ-meats try searching online on eatwild.com and similiar websites. Most farmers are morons and choose not to sell any organ-meats at all, so, if you do come across a farm mentioning that they sell one kind of organ-meat, there is a chance that they will also be prepared to sell other kinds as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:55:55 am »
I used to eat a lot of raw tongue. I should probably start doing that again. I request that a relatively local grassfed meat farm acquire some muscle fat for me, so I hope they can. I wish Slankers or Northstar Bison had a more regular sale of said fats.

Do you eat suet as a backup TD?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:04:26 am »
Not for a very long time. I just can't digest the stuff properly, it gives me a sort of yellow diarrhea afterwards. I  eat raw lean meats plus raw fruit if I can't get hold of fatty raw muscle-meat or raw fatty organ-meats like tongue or marrow.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk