Author Topic: Proud of Being Human  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Proud of Being Human
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:48:15 am »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:21:35 am by Eric »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Proud of Being Human
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:00:20 am »
Fixing that link - it had redundant letters

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VXNuf9EXTJY
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 04:25:40 am »
Excellent, thanks! 
Eric's link works for me.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 04:57:21 am »
Eric's link works for me.

Yes, the original link is now correct.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 01:03:00 am »
This is pure vegan propaganda.

Did no one notice how all of his destruction is meatcentric, portraying the the evolution into being city dwellers who destroy the environment occurring because we decided to kill insects, then reptiles, then baby lamb?   

We didn't come to this juncture because we kill animals.  We came to this because we stopped understanding that we ARE animals, and we need to protect their habitat because it is our own.  We decided we control all life on earth, including and especially plant life.  We can eat animals and keep habitats intact and our environments thriving.  We cannot destroy habitat because in doing so we destroy the very balance that animals have helped form and create, that which keeps all of us alive. 

When we selectively destroy habitat, prairies, forests, rivers, lakes, ESPECIALLY for industrial vegetable agriculture, be it grains, beans, orchards, we may not directly be killing the wild animals that thrive there, but we are taking away not only their homes, but also their source of food and their reason for being.  They nourish back that which nourishes them, as should we. 

No one can survive on monoculture.  Not the smallest soil microbes, not buffalo, not clouds.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:16:52 am by jessica »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 06:04:56 am »
Interesting slant Jessica. I never would have thought to interpret it that way.

On that note, I just returned from a Sustainability Expo in Vermont, and had some interesting conversations with people regarding the ecological benefits of veganism. One young woman (college undergrad age) was extolling the virtues of an organic vegetable operation where she works, and I asked where the fertilizer she applies comes from. She admitted it came from chickens (a processed chicken manure product), but insisted it's sustainable. I asked her what sort of facility produces chicken droppings at a rate that would allow for it to be profitably turned into a pelletized product, and it didn't take long for her to realize that her idealistic vegan organic vegetable farm depends on confined poultry operations for its fertilizer.

I look forward to the day that people have a better understanding of where their food comes from.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:17:10 am »
rain of salt, brother.  It helps that I am a salty bitch.

I am more and more convinced us humans are not %100 of this world though, like...........we really may have inherited something that isn't from earth that makes us so disconnected. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 03:13:19 pm »
 ;D

I didn’t perceive it that way too, Jessica. I rather saw it as a satiric cartoon against industrial civilization, industrial animal farming, entire species annihilations and nature destruction.

But yes, you’re right: we are animals. It seems we turned out to be disconnected when we began to use the fire, especially to cook food, and furthermore when accordingly we became farmers, founded  civilizations and started to think we are a special order superior to animals, kind of new class of living beings halfway between animals and the divinities we made-up…

No need to look for some extraterrestrial input!  :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 08:44:05 pm »
Noah movie is similar.  You could see PETA+vegetarian influence.  Harming environment and meat eating is primary sin and all other sins are secondary.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 10:44:57 pm »
;D

I didn’t perceive it that way too, Jessica. I rather saw it as a satiric cartoon against industrial civilization, industrial animal farming, entire species annihilations and nature destruction.

But yes, you’re right: we are animals. It seems we turned out to be disconnected when we began to use the fire, especially to cook food, and furthermore when accordingly we became farmers, founded  civilizations and started to think we are a special order superior to animals, kind of new class of living beings halfway between animals and the divinities we made-up…

No need to look for some extraterrestrial input!  :)

So why was it not illustrated us tilling up the soil and ripping out one species of plants for the next? or selecting plant traits for our own needs above all else?

just saying, its a very vegan slant, there is nothing wrong with using animal products to cloth ourselves, we can harvest wool without harming animal or environment, we can raise animals to eventually eat while keeping said animals happy, environments healthy and even use them to help remediate habitat that we might have previously harmed.   

its funny how many people think the world is fucked and humans are idiots, and I want to agree with them, but if you get to the reason why, there are so many people who just don't get it, whether they are informed by religion, politics, societal brainwashing, most are not informed by the actual world around them or the parts of the world that they might not but should be in contact with (i.e. forest, soil, animal and plant life, bodies of water) that actually sustains their every breath.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 01:14:22 am »
Ok, it could well be of vegan inspiration, something I failed to notice since I only had a amused look at it.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk