Author Topic: The raw-meat diet of the Huns  (Read 1639 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
The raw-meat diet of the Huns
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:36:20 pm »

"And though they do just bear the likeness of men (of a very ugly pattern), they are so little advanced in civilization that they make no use of fire, nor any kind of relish, in the preparation of their food, but feed upon the roots which they find in the fields, and the half-raw flesh of any sort of animal." Marcellinus, Roman historian.

The point being that Rome, soon to be destroyed, viewed raw-meat-consumption by foreign tribes as a sign of barbarism. Perhaps deterioration of eating habits, such as no longer eating raw meat dishes, may help lead to the downfall of civilisation. Something to bear in mind given modern obesity-rates and increasing processing of foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The raw-meat diet of the Huns
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:08:34 pm »
The downfall of civilization (as we know it) might actually be a good thing, don't you think?

Once people realise how important a paleo diet is for their health, the civilization will reshape itself into a paleolithic one. Tribes living in smaller villages with a lot more cattle/nature around them. I don't see the internet fading away soon though, so that will probably be integrated in this new society.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: The raw-meat diet of the Huns
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:02:23 pm »
Hmm, I happen to be a science fiction buff and have always loved disaster novels such as Day of the Triffids, Make Room/Make Room etc.I wish such could be the future, but, rather more likely, is a very slow death of civilisation.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk