Author Topic: Juzeza's Journal  (Read 44420 times)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Juzeza's Journal
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2012, 09:11:49 am »
Get more good-quality fat.  Be tireless in your search for it.  It's extremely important, for your health, and to be able to moderate your meat-eating.

I appreciate the encouragement!

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:50 am »
Uropathy
I have recently begun experimenting with uropathy out of desperation to ensure that I'm adequately hydrated and to observe any other benefits. I've spent the past few days working up from drops to small sips. Once I began with a few drops I immediately felt an urge to increase the amount to small sips. I'm only capable of drinking a few small sips before I become disinterested. These few sips, though, are more hydrating than several cups worth of water. Before experimenting with uropathy I would feel the need to chug large quantities of water to the point of filling my stomach before I could stop just because I had reached the physical limits of my stomach. This seems to be an old habit from the past when I thought it was acceptable to eat and drink to the point of completely filling my stomach to create some twisted form of satisfaction. I remember days of eating rice or peanut butter to the point where I would force my body into a comatose from the metabolic crash.

After each serving of urine I'm overcome by a burst of energy and optimism. Also, my body will frequently crave liquid just as I'm about to urinate which seems too coincidental to be insignificant. It's almost as if my body is trying to preserve itself and it was only until I was able to overcome the repulsion of uropathy that I was able to recognize this source of hydration. Lastly, I've noticed that my fingernails have been growing at a much quicker rate.

When I reflect upon it, I frequently will arise in the middle of the night in order to urinate and I have no control over this mechanical reaction. Even if I wake in the night and try to force myself to sleep I will not be able to return to sleep until I've urinated. I've never experienced this problem to this degree until I increased the amount of animal foods in my diet, decreased my consumption of vegetables (which are mostly water), and also decreased the amount of water I consume. That I wake up consistently and easily in the middle of the night and am uncapable of falling back to sleep until I urinate suggests that my body is trying to offer a form of hydration to preserve itself due to dehydration. Comparatively, this never occurred to this frequency or intensity when I was a vegetarian or vegan and drinking several cups of water daily.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2012, 11:33:05 pm »
Uropathy
As of late, that strange and painful tang that I used to feel in the lower region of my back (where my kidneys lie) has  not occurred for the past several days. It may be too early to tell but I may have been suffering from severe dehydration and uropathy has helped me to hydrate my body more than any amount of water has ever been able to.

For comparison: When I was on the Milk Diet and now that I'm experimenting with uropathy are the only times this pain has subsided. I'll record whether or not this fluctuates/ is temporary.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:30 am »
Uropathy
After experimenting with uropathy I'm convinced that it is a powerful survival technique that offers superb hydration. When I drink ample amounts of my urine I feel well hydrated and my body demonstrates hydration by hair and nail regeneration that was paralleled only when I was on the Milk Diet (also hydrating) and a superior state of well-being.

I still tend to drink too much water, which I'm finally observing. This habit of filling my stomach to it's physical capacity (with food or water) is an old habit that I'm beginning to grasp and slowly shedding. Before I thought it was normal to eat and drink as much as I was one year ago. One year has yet to pass since I began experimenting with raw animal foods and I feel I'm making several mistakes but learning quite a bit in the process.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:34 am »
Supplementation
I recently began a variety of supplementation in the past few days, including fermented cod liver oil, vinegar, and iodine. As for method, I generally mix everything with eggs: FCLO with eggs; iodine and eggs; a little vinegar and eggs.

As for the reactions, everything has been positive as of yet. I've completely stopped chugging water in the past few days and this has not been due to any mental exertion whatsoever. I simply stopped wanting and thinking about water. I'm sleeping quite soundly and dreaming again, too! It's been a long time since I've experienced dreams...

I still drink morning urine, but do not feel a strong urge to do so.

The other day, a friend gave me some raw milk as a gift. I haven't drank milk in over a month. I drank just two cups each day and this combined with vinegar has perfectly hydrated me.

Conventional Beef
Today I was feeling risky so I went down to the hispanic market in town and bought some beef tongue. I over ate and still did not feel dehydrated. I did, however, feel the blood of my body rushing to my stomach for digestion and noticed how my limbs and body became cold. This experience led to an observation: I believe digestion of difficult foods (grains, baked goods, etc.) and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to the low body temperature that most people experience.

Chocolate
At the pressure of a friend I ate a piece of chocolate the size of a nickel and felt the worst indigestion I've felt in months. Nuts...

Rest
I'm coming to realize the importance of not rushing through healing. I still don't feel that I have the strength to begin working out or exercising much. After years of experiencing insomnia, I feel I need to rest a bit more. I'm hoping that I will begin to put on some weight soon and this will be a good sign that I will have the build to exhert myself. Now, I don't feel the motivation to do more than light jogging, simple stretches or movements. I can't seem to push myself at all.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:23 am »
uhoh you might have just convinced me to drink my pee..! i have a chugaholic habit and painful kidneys too, i drank my pee once while on a super long and last hike, wasnt the worst thing ever

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »
uhoh you might have just convinced me to drink my pee..! i have a chugaholic habit and painful kidneys too, i drank my pee once while on a super long and last hike, wasnt the worst thing ever

Once I understood blood better I overcame the disgust of drinking urine.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2012, 12:06:40 am »
Conventional Beef Binge Recap
I thought I would be able to digest all the meat I ate during the morning (around 3 pounds, I think), but I didn't. I ended up suffering a sleepless night even though I ate before 12:00 PM! This experience taught me allowed to objectively examine how over-eating contributed to my insomnia in the past.

...But god damn do I love me some tongue! The first few bites are like meat ice cream! You could spoon the meat out because of all the natural fat content!  >D

The Art of Eating
I've made some serious progress eating healthy amounts--especially since I've been eating more eggs due to financial necessity. When I first began this diet I was still practiced the old habit of eating too much. Yesterday I ate too much but I didn't want to do so; I ate too much because I had no way of storing the meat and didn't want to be wasteful.

It felt good to know that I didn't want to eat anymore after a small healthy amount but only continued because I thought I could handle it. This demonstrates progress for me.

Although I have gained a little bit of weight since I first began this journal (I now weigh approximately 145 to 150 pounds and stand just an inch shy of 6 feet tall) I still feel underweight. I think this suggests I have absorption issues. I can eat quite a bit but not very much of it gets absorbed properly. Moreover, this diet isn't exactly great for gaining weight unless you are eating a large amount of carbohydrates.

In conclusion, I'm slowly understanding how to eat meat. After being a vegetarian and vegan for quite some time I truly forgot how to eat meat and so did my body, it seems. Now I understand the importance of fat and demonstrate that in my behavior; before I would eat lean meat and wasn't able to make the connection with the pain in my kidneys--and then this would lead to drinking a lot of water and adding to the discomfort.

I sure can't wait to go back on the Milk Diet, though! That was plumb easy, delicious and effective for me!   ;D

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2012, 03:47:17 am »
Offal
I finally got my hands on some offal. I ate nearly two pounds of beef spleen and feel great. Relying solely on muscle meat and eggs (with the occasional variation) does not bode well.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2012, 01:36:54 am »
Offal: Beef Spleen
Only through this diet have I learned the benefit of enjoying organ meats and have I been afforded the opportunity to learn more about anatomy than ever before.

The spleen is a pouch which stores blood--the perfect resource for blood!

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2012, 02:10:55 am »
Conventional Ice Cream and Kefir
I was craving something rich and creamy and was not feeling satisfied with meat or eggs. I downed two pints of ice cream last night and then another two this morning. After that, I downed a quart of pasteurized goat milk kefir. I feel good, too! This could be due to all the sugar, but I'm uncertain.

I generally do terribly on pasteurized stuff but kefir is better than un-fermented milk and ice cream is loaded with just the good stuff (cream and sugars). For all the nay-sayers out there: I think there is something to dairy that is a very powerful food.

Abuse and use anything in life and it will lead to imbalance--this includes meat! That I didn't double over with gas or indigestion and slept soundly last night from a quart of ice cream and a quart of pasteurized kefir suggests that the conventional nature of these foods were negligible in light of my hunger for whatever was in those foods. I'm convinced that animal foods (meat, milk, eggs, etc.) make up a healthy diet. Perhaps I will eventually learn the value of plant foods, but I'm not quite there yet.

I'm definitely becoming more aware of my cravings and how to satisfy them, whether this be foods rich in carbohydrates, starch, fiber, liquid, cholesterol, lipids, and so forth. It feels good to be able to understand one's instinctive cravings and be able to nurture them successfully. The worst feeling in the world is to feel hungry and chow down on a certain food and still feel unsatisfied, but full.

For now, I will experiment with conventional foods (like ice cream) more and observe how these foods satisfy my cravings in absence of higher quality foods (such as raw milk). I have a hankering for dairy and I'm not going to ignore it. The fat of dairy is so much more digestible and satisfying than the dry, brittle fat that collects around the organs of animals.

Liquid Intake
I'm not sure what's going on but I'm hardly drinking water and am not thirsty. I experimented with apple cider vinegar and am still supplementing with iodine and fermented cod liver oil (rich in vitamin D). I'm not sure which of these three is responsible for the change but I've been drinking just eight ounces of water with one drop of iodine and one teaspoon of FCLO daily. I only begin to become thirsty for that single cup of water at the very end of the day just before I fall asleep. Conventional recommendations to drink eight cups of water every day seems in excess! I just think of people in the past: How could they possibly drink that much water and function, let alone have access to that much water. It seems much more likely that they required far less water and operated optimally on small amounts. However, this brings up the contention of our time: Quality and quantity. We're in a period in which food quantity is abundant but quality is perverse, which explains conventional recommendations such as the one I just mentioned.

Fermented Cod Liver Oil
FCLO is truly a super food. I've only consumed one bottle and feel great. It must be the vitamin D, but there is probably a list of other beneficial qualities that I'm unaware of.

Uropathy
I stopped relying on urine for hydration. I no longer feel that it is necessary.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 11:57:45 am »
Matt Stone on the Milk Diet
I discovered an article by Matt Stone on the Milk Diet confirming my success and the satisfaction I felt from consuming raw dairy by the gallon every day.

Read about why the Milk Diet worked for me and could work for you.

Also, the experience of two others on a diet solely or primarily of raw dairy:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/primal-diet/7-weeks-on-an-all-raw-milk-diet/

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/journals/first-raw-milkdairy-journal-(usa)/20/

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2012, 01:42:32 am »
Instinctive Eating
For the past few days I've been trying to eat whatever I prefer. Here's a short list:

Jam
Jelly
Custard
Cream cheese
Cheese
Milk
Ice cream
Raw honey
Egg yolks

(Aside: What's most frustrating is that none of these foods requires cooking, and my cravings were very natural for high caloric, nutritious foods. Only because our society is so backwards is it that I can't get any of the nutrition I require within my area in a raw, powerful state and I'm forced to sprint to the local grocery store for their processed and deficient counterparts!  >:)

After a few days of being completely adverse to the idea of eating meat I began to crave meat flavored with salt. Last night, I enjoyed a nice bit of lean, grass-fed meat generously garnished in salt and felt great satisfaction.

I observed that I simply was craving high caloric foods and in particular carbohydrates (in the form of jams, jellies and honey) and fat (in the form of dairy). Not once did I ever crave something of considerable protein, such as muscle meat. Nor did I crave raw or cooked plant foods. I even tried an apple to satisfy fructose cravings and found that it was not satisfying and I still preferred something sweeter with higher sugar content (yikes I must have been starving).

In regard to my craving for fat: This seems strange considering I had spent the last few days eating cow tongue and ribs with plenty of fat. I'm led to believe that I do no digest animal fats as well as I thought I did, much like Lex Rooker who prefers rendered fat. This seems plausible in that I always seemed to enjoy gelatin and bone broths much more and digested them well. I only believed I should reduce the amount that I eat of these foods because they are cooked.

I think this means that I need to re-adjust my diet in order to compensate for this handi-cap. I will increase my carbohydrate consumption and consumption of easily digestible fats, which are gelatin, bone broths and raw dairy (once I can finally get some).

I'm completely convinced that I'm closer than ever to a way of eating that will provide everything I need to heal and thrive. I only need to make small adjustments in order to supply a greater amount of carbohydrates and easily digestible fat. For the longest time I was scarfing fat because I thought I needed it and I was digesting it well, but I must have been mistaken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk