Author Topic: cultured vegetables  (Read 3331 times)

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
cultured vegetables
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:54:29 am »
http://www.bodyecology.com/cveggies.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qjzlS0U4h0

after reading the book The Body Ecology Diet, I made some cultured vegetables. It seemed to be fine at first but now when I eat them my hands dry up quite a lot. Even certain fruits have the same drying effect on my hands now like oranges(picked fresh off my tree).

In the youtube video she says when you ferment them you increase the bio availability hundreds of times, which is what juicing does as well right? So for me it was a cheaper alternative to buying a $300+ juicer(which is what you need for vegetables), as well as another source of probiotics.

Has anyone else heard of/tried cultured vegetables?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: cultured vegetables
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:45:29 am »
kimchi (raw, rejuvenative foods brand) used to be one of my favorites!!!  my gut doesn't like cultured veg, though.. actually cultured anything doesn't work for me despite how much they are hyped for ibs... kombucha, raw (homemade) yogurt, kefir (homemade), probiotics.. all that stuff just makes me so bloated.  i don't understand how this stuff works for people, it doesn't for me.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:04 am »
Can I culture of ferment like Lettuce? Like if I leave it at room temperature and it like gets funky or mushy do I still eat it? Or should I ferment it and cut it up and do the process like Kim Chi or Saurkraut?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:40 pm »
i am not sure that lettuce harbor the same lacto-bacteria that actually cause fermentation in cabbage and other veggies in the same family(brassicas/cruciferous veg)
plums have the yeast..as do apples, grapes...etc..., you can see it on really beautiful individuals, its the white film that is pretty evident on red cabbage, and in the little stem whole of plums....conventional produce does not have this because they sterilize and wax the produce, as well with most industrial organic now a days it is so depleted and over washed to insure lack of "spoilage" shelf life and transportability..........

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:25:16 am »
kimchi (raw, rejuvenative foods brand) used to be one of my favorites!!!  my gut doesn't like cultured veg, though.. actually cultured anything doesn't work for me despite how much they are hyped for ibs... kombucha, raw (homemade) yogurt, kefir (homemade), probiotics.. all that stuff just makes me so bloated.  i don't understand how this stuff works for people, it doesn't for me.
does high meat give you the same problems?

probiotic pills used to give me similar problems, but I was fine with yogurt, kefir, and high meat. And the last time I took probiotics I was fine with them too. Antibiotics that my doctor gave me may have changed the way my stomach reacts to probiotics(either that or high meat). I heard the symptoms are from the good bacteria fighting the bad ones.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 08:44:43 am »
does high meat give you the same problems?

i imagine high meat would be so great for me, i just have not been brave enough to make some.  i leave meat in the fridge for as long as possible, and the more aged, the more i like it. 

I heard the symptoms are from the good bacteria fighting the bad ones.

idk, i read that too, but that doesn't really make sense.  when i eat right, i feel well.  when i eat something wrong for me, i feel bad.  now i am supposed to believe that feeling bad is a good thing for me?... great sales marketing  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk