1 (8.3%)
I plan to quit.
0 (0%)
I know they are unhealthy.
1 (8.3%)
I mineral supplement occasionally.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Mineral supplements  (Read 4608 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Mineral supplements
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:35 am »
    Do you use one of some kind? If so, which brand? How do you use it? Has it helped you or someone you know? If so, how?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Mineral supplements
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:26:13 am »
    I felt mineral deficient prior to ever trying the RAF. I had rarely tested low in iron and calcium. I don't feel like that now. I had at times used some mineral suppplementation.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »
I find the best mineral supplements to be edible clay. Humans instinctively ate clay when they were deficient in things through some sort of craving I heard. It's natural, filled with silica, calcium, magnesium, and is very detoxifying and digestible and is raw and natural. Google edible clay or green clays

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »
    Thanks techydude.  I actually do eat raw clay occasionally, so I guess I do mineral supplement.  I attempt to clean out very old antibiotics from my body by eating it.  I heard pregnant women in lots of cultures eat clay and are even recommended to.

I just added the option of that you supplement occasionally.  I also tried editing in the option of changing your vote, but I don't see that it can be changed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:56:08 pm by RawZi »

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »
I find the best mineral supplements to be edible clay. Humans instinctively ate clay when they were deficient in things through some sort of craving I heard. It's natural, filled with silica, calcium, magnesium, and is very detoxifying and digestible and is raw and natural. Google edible clay or green clays
what's the name of your clay? How do you eat that?
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:59 pm »
what's the name of your clay? How do you eat that?

I mix raw clay with water, and let it sit some days.  How about this old post: http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/infonews-items/himalayan-sole/msg4231/#msg4231

Offline Kristjan

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • kriskris.com
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 04:58:34 pm »
I take 600mg magnesium and 200mg potassium per day (NOW Magnesium and Potassium Aspartate).

Then I take a multi (NOW Adam), which contains a bunch of other minerals. No iron though.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 04:59:30 am »
I've been taking 300-400mg of magnesium and 50mg/2mg zinc copper. Both are in liquid form trace mineral research. Both of these supplements have been great for me. I came from a diet extremely high in phytic acid and I was undoubtedly deficient in many minerals. Magnesium has helped dramatically improve anxiety and I don't suffer panic attacks anymore. Of course there are other factors that might have helped, but magnesium has given me immediate relief in times of high stress. My previous diet was also so high in copper (Soy, nuts, grain, cacao, vegetable matter in general) that my mental/adrenal state became out of whack. I previously took much more zinc in order to help eliminate the copper and the symptoms. Now I take this balanced dose to ease into balance. I also put a little sea salt in my drinking water for trace minerals and to keep myself from becoming dehydrated.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk