Author Topic: new guy  (Read 6484 times)

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
new guy
« on: October 22, 2011, 03:12:00 pm »
Hey i just seen some videos of daniel vitalis.  He was eating raw meat, this is something i always craved to do but was always told it was unhealthy.  I have 2 questions.  If you eat raw meat what are the odds of eating worms that will live in you?  Also he was talking about we had fire so we didnt need hair etc etc, but if we had fire what makes him think we didnt cook meat?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
    Welcome, mr/ms seek!

I have a friend that just admitted to me that they had worms from when they were as young as they could remember until their thirties when they indulged in raw paleo. They think it was the starch that was associated with the worms.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
Danile Vitalis is a fraud, frankly, not a genuine raw-meat-eater just a fake gadfly.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 03:37:38 am »
The only meat I would avoid eating raw is pork...pastured pork or wild holgs. The pork coming from feedlots is usually tapeworm free because they stand on concrete and indoors.
The tapeworm isn't deadly to humans but can cause a bunch of problems, but only if they grow big enough. Tapeworms usually take several years to become big enough to cause problems. Citric Acid is something they absolutely hate so indulge in citric fruits (tons of it in one sitting over several days (3-4) every year to deworm yourself. Garlic cleans the blood from parasites before they can get to their planned location. So eating raw garlic on a regular basis will keep you worm free.

Btw, that citric acid flush also works well on dogs (if your dog likes fruit like mine). I had a terrier once that hadn't been dewormed for years. I fed him 2 oranges in one sitting and a couple hours later he dropped 3 large tapeworms on the carpet. It was gross but that's how I learned how to deworm dogs naturally...a Vet later on confirmed it.

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:50:08 am »
So in regard to meat whats the reason to eat it raw over cooked?  We have used fire for thousands of years what makes us think we did not cook our meat?  I do not know the answers, I am hoping someone can inform me.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
meat whats the reason to eat it raw over cooked? 

Cooked meat tastes like death.  Raw meat tastes okay.  Cooked meat makes me sick all over.  Raw meat builds all my good health.  Cooked meat requires fire, electricity, gas, stove, oven, pan etc. Raw meat requires hands and mouth.  Cooked meat must be chewed. Raw meat can be swallowed whole in big chunks.  Cooked meat requires a lot of stomach acid.  Raw meat only requires the enzymes in it.  Cooked meat has various heat created toxins or other indigestibles.  Raw meat doesn't.  Why do you like cooked meat? Do you still want to try some raw?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 04:42:53 am »
no, the science is there for raw meat, i am just wondering if our ancestors from long ago if they ever ate their meat cooked given they did have fire.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:51:47 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 04:55:18 am »
Fire for warmth was only invented c. 400,000 years ago or so. Cooking, however, was only invented c. 250,000 to 300,000 years ago. There is plenty of solid evidence re this.

Once cooking was invented, HG tribes in palaeo times continued to eat some of their meats raw, but I suspect, given current traits among  more modern HG tribes, that the further north an HG tribe was, the more raw animal foods they had in their diets(with the Ice-Age no doubt increasing that portion, since that would have made the climate colder).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:41:28 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 07:16:57 am »
Thanks for the info guys.  I went to a health store looking for game but they only had some wrapped in the frozen food section.  Is this the kind I should eat?  Or should i look for fresh cuts of meat?

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:41:59 am »
Or a better question what should i look for when i buy my meat, and what if i cant get fresh wild meat should i just get fresh beef from a cow then?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 08:43:19 am »
Fresh is better than frozen and tastes better too., but prefrozen is sometimes all people can get hold of. Keep looking for fresh meats but get prefrozen for now. Prefrozen meat is a lot less worse than cooked meats. Just make sure to eat it all as soon as it's thawed, as once thawed, prefrozen meats very quickly lose their nutrients.
" Ron Paul.

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 06:18:00 am »
Ok well i got some grass fed beef rib eye, couldnt find any fresh game, i got it in my fridge, and the other half in the freezer for tomorrow ill let you know if i die or not.  I also did see some beef liver that stuff looks intimating.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 07:10:40 am »
It took me a few months of searching to find grass-fed beef sources in my area. I just went and talked to many butchers about what they could get for me. It was worth the effort, both in the area of variety and low price. For instance, I get beef cuts at $5 or $6 per pound - this butcher sells the famous-named cuts for a lot of money, then puts the rest of the animal in with his grain-fed beef at regular prices. It's so easy to tell the two apart - the fat of grain-fed beef is white, the fat of grass-fed beef is buttery yellow. As for liver, I buy lamb liver because I can get it unfrozen.

My search also led me to farms and processors, where I can buy good meats, too. My area is ultra-urban, so game meats are not so readily available. I know people who hunt, but they are not sharing.  :(

So, my advice is: once you find the butchers that have the grass-fed beef, talk to them and see what kind of cuts you can get when they break down the carcass. Then, go with the butcher who is willing to take your orders.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline seek

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 08:49:20 am »
Ok i ate some, wasnt to bad, im sure it will grown on me even more,  Is it ok to eat wild venison grounded up in the frozen sections?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk