Author Topic: Alarming new study on tap water  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Alarming new study on tap water
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:19:58 am »
"Study finds probable carcinogen in 31 U.S. cities' tap water"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/20/AR2010122002505.html

Tap water is all I drink :(

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Alarming new study on tap water
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:30 am »
Well, look at the bright side at least you live in Canada, there should be cleaner waters up that way, I grew up off of cloudy looking chlorinated fluoridated tap water, that came from the Ohio? / Kentucky river.

There are some of the most pristine limestone springs in the area of the world I live in , but people are to ignorant and greedy to allow for the development and distribution of clean unshackled drinking water. There are agency's  that go around and refuse to let horse farmers dig wells under some asinine excuse that there is excessive bacteria in the soil so the farmers will be forced to use city water. I did work for a woman that had the cleanest looking most pristine spring along with an abandoned well on her property and she was told that she couldn't put a new well on her property because of soil bacteria(oh really). The water regulators have all been compartmentalized to the point where no one is allowed to do indpendant testing and local communities have no say so in what chemicals are allowed in their water supply. I live on the ass end of Lexington and I can taste and smell the chemicals in the tap water, all I can do is to buy RO water for 39 cents a gallon and use a 5 gallon water dispenser. If I had the money I would by a water generator. Its sad because the area I live in was once renowned for the quality of water by the horse farmers and whiskey brewers that settled here.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 03:50:41 am »
Maybe look at one of these:

http://www.envirogadget.com/recycling/watermill-drinking-water-out-of-thin-air/

Or maybe a water distiller.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:14:38 am »
"Study finds probable carcinogen in 31 U.S. cities' tap water"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/20/AR2010122002505.html

Tap water is all I drink :(

Ever since i reduced my water intake my digestion has improved. My uncle used to work in water research dept, he said around 25 yrs back that drinkable water will be finished in next 20 yrs.

My uncle was'nt wrong - They just keep changing the definition of DRINKABLE water

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:18:25 am »
plus if you eat raw - u need less water anyway.

How about snow, we are getting a lot of snow - can i melt it and drink?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:20:01 am »
I am very fortunate in that, for my holidays etc., I live in local areas which are serviced by local mountain-springs which provide me with decent water. In London, I just drink alkaline mineral water from springs bought from local convenience-stores, which works fine for me.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 10:00:33 am »
Plano, Texas: None detected.

My reaction:  ;D

Still I hate tap water. I drink Reverse Osmosis Water and I add liquid minerals back into it. There are no mountain springs of any kind here.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk