Author Topic: I'm New!! Hello!  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Calypso

• Forager
    • View Profile
I'm New!! Hello!
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:11:27 am »
Hey Everyone!

My name is Kim and I turn 21 tomorrow!!!
I have been eating Paleo (Not perfectly!) Since about July.

As of Today I am down 21lbs.
My start weight was 233lbs, and I now weigh 212lbs.
I have always been overweight, and the buck stops here. Done. No more and never again. My goal weight is 130lbs, but that is completely objective depending on muscle gains and how my body looks according to my frame size as I become slimmer and healthier.

I work Part-Time and Live with my Boyfriend (who also frequents this forum!) and we both are enjoying a Paleo lifestyle, as best we can in this modern day. We plan to stay Paleo for the rest of our lives and are encouraging our friends and family to make healthier choices with us. We will be raising our future family Paleo and are already trying to figure our way around a Grain Filled culture and society to make it more possible.

I am very excited to join this community! It's nice to meet all of you!
Cheers to a better, healthier lifestyle!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: I'm New!! Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:25:39 am »

Welcome aboard, Calypso!

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:07:02 am »
Welcome to both you and your boyfriend Kim. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:44:32 am »
Welcome! I to am overweight too but have definately lost a lot of weight since going raw paleo.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:55 pm »
Calypso, you are aware that this is a rawpaleo forum, not just "palaeo"?  Rawpalaeo is anyway much healthier and better at keeping down the weight to normal levels than cooked-palaeo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:18:32 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Calypso

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:16:56 pm »
Yup, I'm aware that this is Raw Paleo, thus the forum name haha.
I haven't made the jump to raw paleo yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will have the balls to do so, in regards to meat. Though, the barriers stopping me are clearly moreso in my head, than anything physical. I'm very much here to learn about all aspects of Paleo living though, (I'm also on another non-raw-paleo forum), and then from there, make an informed decision for what is best for my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk