Author Topic: Lectins & inflamation.  (Read 5607 times)

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
Lectins & inflamation.
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:17:33 am »
Our consumption of wheat is a major source of inflammation. I have simply stopped eating wheat. I eat no wheat whatsoever. In fact, I eat very few grains now. I strongly recommend that people stop eating wheat, and here’s why.

What we’ve done over the years is we have hybridized wheat to continually get higher and higher amounts of protein in the wheat.

We now have wheat with very high amounts of protein, much higher than 2,000 years ago. There’s a component of this protein, which is actually one of the proteins; it’s a glycoprotein, which is a protein and a sugar molecule together.

This is a class of compounds called lectins. Lectins are in the wheat to protect the wheat from attack by bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

http://www.healthlady.com/sugar-and-food-addiction/how-to-avoid-inflammation/

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Lectins & inflamation.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:25:50 am »
Hmm...maybe we should come up with a diet that excludes grains? ;)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:25:39 am »
That's a great idea  ;D

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 06:50:28 am »
i see my parents always buy brown whole wheat and brown or black wild rice. no one specifically mentions that they are really bad, 'cause, i see them they're just living with the pain  -[. my parents don't take my advice on stop consuming grains. in their heads, they are eating healthy. is it true?
bugs or country chickens

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:58 am »
i see my parents always buy brown whole wheat and brown or black wild rice. no one specifically mentions that they are really bad, 'cause, i see them they're just living with the pain  -[. my parents don't take my advice on stop consuming grains. in their heads, they are eating healthy. is it true?
Its not going to kill them or anything but it certainly could eventually cause some sort of disease. Wild rice is better than whole grain wheat though. Try to persuade them to at least go gluten free.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:57:23 am »

My mom buys wheat bran, which is total poison. Before I changed to paleo and than raw paleo, I would eat that too. My father eats flax seed, oats, and wheat bran almost every day. I'm trying to convince him stopping that.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 04:48:40 am »
My mom buys wheat bran, which is total poison. Before I changed to paleo and than raw paleo, I would eat that too. My father eats flax seed, oats, and wheat bran almost every day. I'm trying to convince him stopping that.
try having a mom addicted to/thinking soy is the miracle of all miracles. the stuff makes her insane literally(all the estrogen)
The price is wrong Bob

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:45:03 am »
I think excessive carbs are a major source of inflammation. You can always see it in peoples faces when ever they are hot or are doing something physical. It's like a permanent blush.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk