Author Topic: Sour milk with berries?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline eve1234567

• Forager
    • View Profile
Sour milk with berries?
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »
I have access to fresh goat's milk every day. I don't like the taste of fresh milk, but I love when it's soured. It takes about two days and fresh milk becomes sour.
Is it ok to add berries (raspberries, currants, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries) to the sour milk and eat the milk and berries together? Is it ok for the digestion and absorption of vitamins and minerals?

Offline eve1234567

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Sour milk with berries?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 04:10:26 pm »
Nobody knows? :/

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:54:51 pm »
Paleolithic-style eating is more about experience than rules. The combination of foods you mentioned doesn't include a lethal dose of arsenic, so any digestive disagreement will pass, and you'll know it didn't agree with you for next time.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:55:44 pm »
Some people claim that bacteria are essential for digestion, and sour milk digest better, Personally I never attempted to test the limits of dairy tolerance, after a week or so of using any type of dairy I usually get signs of some kind of intolerance...though some claim its a detox or part of an adaptation, I never felt compelled to test it much farther.

Not many veterins here are promoting sour milk, You may want to contact the milk man for more advice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhzNdPc84oQ
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:05:37 am »
It's best apparently from a food combining standpoint to eat fruits with fat to slow sugar absorption. I really like soured milk. I would eat that. I ate kefir with strawberries and it was delicious and had no issues. It was raw goat kefir.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk