Author Topic: Allergic to animal products  (Read 17718 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Allergic to animal products
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 06:31:03 am »

There seems to be a huge difference in how the body reacts to fresh living fat as opposed to stale hard white fat from meats. So not only is the protein from raw meat hard on the body the stale fat is not optimal either. The same with marrow. If it's hard white it is stale and not fresh living matter anymore. Fresh living bone marrow is slimy yellow. Since most of us don't have access to just killed animals the best alternatives to obtain these extremely nourishing fresh living fats are raw milk and raw eggs.

I think there is some truth to this. Since most people seem to be set in one camp or another:anti dairy or anti frozen 'hard' fats as you say...there unfortunately isn't alot of swapping and experimenting. Personally I seem to do well with a mix of both. I wouldn't want to be fussy about frozen fats and just rely on dairy fat, and I wouldn't want to just eat pre-frozen suet. They all have various advantages and perhaps disadvantages I guess. I don't have problems with any of these foods really (and I also had various issues with both dairy and hard fats - except for marrow) but will say if I get no fresh fats I'll get fairly dried up and you hear alot about this and yet the dots remain unconnected for some. I'm not sure if you are correct on the marrow though. I don't know what determines whether it is hard or soft, but getting almost all my marrow frozen from distributors, I can say that some is indeed yellow and slimy even after it is frozen..with some remaining dry even when left out in the heat. I think even PD folks like Scott Wheeler are starting to just say that frozen foods basically just lack some nutrition, and arn't ultimately as harmful as some people fuss over.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 06:34:34 am »
Excerpt from my review on Stefansson:-

"Stefansson also mentions, interestingly, that marrow from the upper leg(humerus and femur) is hard and tallowy at room-temperature while the marrow from the lower leg is soft and creamy. The Eskimoes, apparently, preferred to cook the harder marrow, but preferred to eat the softer marrow in raw form."
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 06:39:13 am »
Excerpt from my review on Stefansson:-

"Stefansson also mentions, interestingly, that marrow from the upper leg(humerus and femur) is hard and tallowy at room-temperature while the marrow from the lower leg is soft and creamy. The Eskimoes, apparently, preferred to cook the harder marrow, but preferred to eat the softer marrow in raw form."

yum. going to order me up some creamy calves. hold the humerus.

- thanks.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 07:48:09 am »
I've stopped eating shellfish and fish and anything that causes any bad reaction (itching, redness, eczema etc), which unforunately includes grass-fed beef atm.
It seems like I very easily become allergic to things, which means my diet is very restricted. And due to that restriction it means I have little choice but to eat the same thing(s) all the time...and then another allergy develops. Bit of a downward spiral...

It's not the food, it's your gut. Yes, fish will cause a reaction as will most other things, but you should eat them in order for your gut to heal.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 03:12:42 pm »
Hi Haai,

I had eczema too. They disappeared after I had begun to eat strictly raw (Instincto, but restricted fruit intake etc.) AND cut out milk AND stopped to use any skin cream. When I stopped to use skin cream, the eczema became worse for a few weeks, but then they disappeared and never returned. They didnĀ“t disappear before I stopped to use any skin cream.

Perhaps you could try to eat only SMALL amounts of fish, beef etc. I do not tolerate some foods if I eat them in great amounts or beyond the first signs of a "instinctive stop". However, I have no proven food allergy (visited the allergist just a few days ago because a local anaesthetic caused a very strong and dangerous reaction...).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk