Author Topic: bovine serum allergy  (Read 3592 times)

Offline a87.pal

• Trapper
    • View Profile
bovine serum allergy
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:17:32 am »
After about a year going raw paleo, trying everything from primal to zero-carb without really any progress, I recently found out that the staple food I was eating was causing the problem: beef. Or more specifically, beef/bison blood.

While I have enjoyed many benefits from the diet, in terms better digestion and ketone metabolism, these were far over powered by a constant fatigue, which would only be relieved when I occasionally switched to eating lamb or cooked-paleo. It were these occasions that helped me decide to get the allergy tests done and conduct my own elimination diet experiments.  I now know fairly certainly that I am allergic to beef.

In light of this revelation, the path moving forward seems clear, but I know I can probably learn something more from the community. If any of you have advice and/or possible alternative explanations, please let me know.

Currently, I plan to remove raw beef from my diet for at least several months to a year. At that point, perhaps my allergic response will have faded and my stomach acid improved to eliminate more of the bovine serum proteins.

It's just going to mean a bigger hit to my bank account.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Re: bovine serum allergy
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:55:12 am »
Stop eating beef simply. It's like a person allergic to nuts eating peanuts everyday.

Check back in a year. If you are fatigued upon eating beef in a year no more beef. Rotate foods. Food allergies tell you to rotate foods and stop. Research food rotation. Eat everything in moderation. EVERYTHING.

You may also want to get a food allergy and food SENSITIVTY! test! yes. Look it up very important!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk