Author Topic: Meal frequency - Anyone here eat more than two meals a day?  (Read 6333 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Meal frequency - Anyone here eat more than two meals a day?
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:04:43 am »
Hi,

Guys please post any info regarding your meal frequency (Really interested in getting a wide range of thoughts/views);

1,2,3 meals a day?

Eat within a certain time period, then fast the rest?

Variable?

Does anyone here eat 3 meals a day?

Also time of day would be of interest as well.

Cheers

Phil

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Meal frequency - Anyone here eat more than two meals a day?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:10:42 am »
 1 large meal a day, eaten within a 4-hour period max., but nearly always it's eaten within 2 hours.

I also have whole-day fasts from time to time, as I have a more intense mental focus/concentration level on fast days.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:32 am »
It varies from day to day for me. Sometimes I'll eat only once, sometimes more.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:20:40 am »
it varies but mostly twice a day. first around noon, then around 7 or 8 at night. but like i said, it changes up a lot. that's just what happens most of the time i guess

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:36:04 am »
lately with the colder weather its been:

one animal protein/fat meal around 1ish ....
then one animal protein/fat meal around 7ish...
followed by fruit/nut snack late at night before I go to bed.

OR

one animal protein/fat meal around 1ish ....
then one roots/tuber/vegetable with plant fat or fish fat meal around 7ish...
followed by animal protein/fat meal late at night before I go to bed.

So far this is working ok for me...
With warmer weather I could go with more or less one extended meal in the evening and not eat till next evening.
Now I feel like I need to eat more often and more fats and proteins from animals (must be all the cold and snow   -\)

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:36 am »
I eat a bunch of meals a day, but just because I am training with weights and need to hit somewhat high calorie goals.

Turns out being about 4 meat meals broken up into 8oz, 2 fruit "meals" somewhere in between where I have a couple servings of fruit, and two "liquid meals" such as eggs or raw milk. I like to split everything up into mono meals.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 07:02:36 am »
bunch of meals here too. I was doing mostly 2 meals a day and it is just not enough to cut it. Not enough to make gains anyway.  I tend to gravitate to the eating less/more infrequently model intellectually, but I think particularly if you need the various nutrients in the food, its better to be more active and eat more than to be stationary and get by.

I eat two to three raw fat meals with some organ meats or muscle meat or ground lamb or bison. I've been eating 6 eggs on rising pretty regularly and sometimes 6 more at night or i'll substitute a meat meal with eggs if I am in a rush. Some afternoons i'll have some fruit and some evenings i'll have an additional (4th or 5th) meal of herbs/seaweeds/avocado/sauerkraut/vegetable - raw crap like that and occasionally some cooked vegetable meat or more recently - yam. I think I'm up almost 15 lbs in the last two months, although 5 of those lbs was a sickly dip.

I consider eating to be sort of a mechanical nuisance and would gladly live off air but it hasn't yet happened. I'll probably go back to less food and lessen my activity somewhat in the future but it isn't something I think much about, just throw the crap down.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:10 am »
I usually have a light breakfast with the family.

And have lunch

And have dinner
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 12:28:58 pm »
Wow, I feel odd looking at everyone else's responses. I graze some days, I'll have a handful of something every few hours. Other days I'll eat 2 or 3 pounds of something in one sitting, and not eat for the rest of the day or half of the next. I haven't noticed a pattern or anything. I'm in school, so I carry a giant bag of different foods around with me. When I'm hungry I dig around for something that attracts me. hmm. I wonder if I should try to get myself on a schedule?

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:15 pm »
Wow, I feel odd looking at everyone else's responses. I graze some days, I'll have a handful of something every few hours. Other days I'll eat 2 or 3 pounds of something in one sitting, and not eat for the rest of the day or half of the next. I haven't noticed a pattern or anything. I'm in school, so I carry a giant bag of different foods around with me. When I'm hungry I dig around for something that attracts me. hmm. I wonder if I should try to get myself on a schedule?
no screw the schedule, thats the outside world interfering on instict some more which is not right again. do what ur body says. i do one meal wihtin 1hour, but these days its getting cold in london ontairo and i eat all in one sitting. all meat/fish, lotsa fat, usually round 2-4 oclock
The price is wrong Bob

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 10:31:22 pm »
Screw the schedule haha! Yeah, I do tend to eat bigger meals when it's cold out. It's really cold (by Atlanta standards anyway) this week. I was freezing all day yesterday, so I'm more than likely gonna eat some delicious fatty meat product today.

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:48:47 am »
i find that scheduling helps to train my body, normalize it. i eat about 3-4 meals within an 8 hour period, and then only drink water beyond that window. i do take alot of supplements though. if i stay active/awake too long after that last meal i will start to crave more food, i think this is more about timing and my eating window not being in sync with my activity window. i can easily get about 2000 cals in 8 hours, decent fat and protein porcentage too, although im still searching for the sweet spot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk