Author Topic: Left leg shin numbness  (Read 41676 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Left leg shin numbness
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:12:08 am »
Has anyone here ever had numbness in one of their legs' shins? I have had numbness in the frontal part (shin)of my leg from the bottom of the knee to the top of the ankle in my left leg for over a week now. I'm not sure if  I pinched a nerve or it i should be taking this more seriously and go to the dr. It doesnt hurt or anything and its not red...soo im not sure about the possibility of blood clot.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Re: Left leg shin numbness
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 02:37:13 am »
Numb joints usually scream of magnesium deficiency. There is plenty is swiss chard in summer squash, spinach, and nuts - eat sprouted nuts only due to enzyme inhibitors - sprout em yourself till the roots are long.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 02:41:15 am »
You could look into the nerve being trapped - either the sciatic nerve being trapped further up or the branch the peroneal nerve in the ankle. I would check out trigger point therapy for the gastrocnemius/ankle muscles and for the piriformis muscle in the arse/hips area.

Not that that rules out other factors making it worse.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:42:59 am »
Try edible clays like green clays. The magnesium in the clay may or may not be free but see how you fair with it.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:34:50 am »
You could look into the nerve being trapped - either the sciatic nerve being trapped further up or the branch the peroneal nerve in the ankle. I would check out trigger point therapy for the gastrocnemius/ankle muscles and for the piriformis muscle in the arse/hips area.

Not that that rules out other factors making it worse.
What is your profession? You always know the answer to questions like this. Physical therapist?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:50:30 pm »
Psychosomatic. Especially since your catastrophising about the blood clot shows you have a personality which would tend towards psychosomatic illness.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 03:00:15 pm »
Has anyone here ever had numbness in one of their legs' shins? I have had numbness in the frontal part (shin)of my leg from the bottom of the knee to the top of the ankle in my left leg for over a week now. I'm not sure if  I pinched a nerve or it i should be taking this more seriously and go to the dr. It doesnt hurt or anything and its not red...soo im not sure about the possibility of blood clot.

Try seeing a skilled acupuncturist.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 03:19:08 pm »
try to shift your focus away from you body, not look at your eyes or think about your shin.

Do you live alone?

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 03:27:27 pm »
Numbness seems to be in fashion on this forum at the moment. Two threads running on the issue. Shows how suggestive the subconcious is.

Albert Camus

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 04:39:31 pm »
Numbness seems to be in fashion on this forum at the moment. Two threads running on the issue. Shows how suggestive the subconcious is.

you are spot on! I love your attitude!

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 12:48:24 am »

your trippin'

or tripping on something, sleepwalking into the coffee table

Its possible there is some physical underpinning (nerve thing) to the issue, perhaps it wouldn't even be the worst thing to get it checked out if it doesn't improve..but def with the blood clot thing...I mean odds are on this type of diet you are going to experience alot of weird symptoms in transition. It is important to keep things in perspective and attach the most plausible explanation to things..or wait and focus on something else.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:22 pm »
appears to be cosistent with peroneal nerve entrapment/damage or sciatica (L5 nerve root impingement). such presentation is not likely to be psychosomatic.  the former tends to self-resolve and more quickly with physical rehabilitation.   please see a neurologist for further evaluation.

we must be very careful in making recomendations on this forum. ofcourse our diet influences all repairing/regenerative processies but giving a dietary advise on such an issue which appears to be pure structural is probably almost futile.

see a neurologist  for evaluation.   good luck

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 11:18:26 pm »
I bet it's disappeared by now and his on to the next thing.

Albert Camus

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:50 pm »
What is your profession? You always know the answer to questions like this. Physical therapist?

I am trained as a massage therapist, but trigger point stuff comes from my own study.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 09:18:21 pm »

Bump

Albert Camus

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »

No actually it is still there. Its not psychosomatic as I stopped caring about it. However, it is still numb and hope it goes away with time. I mean i can feel pressure...its like fat lip feeling but on your shin.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 03:01:47 pm »
I stopped caring about it. However, it is still numb and hope it goes away with time. I mean i can feel pressure...its like fat lip feeling but on your ...

My toe is like that right now.  I wonder if some nerves are totally dead in it.  Must be.  The first time it felt like this was 20 years ago.  It was better at some point again, but I've been under more stress in related ways last few months.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 08:17:09 pm »
I hope it gets better.

I've had shin splints before, they are definitely psychosomatic. Got them just before a ski trip of a life time. So weird. During and after the ski trip totally disappeared, actually never got them again.

I always get something before a big race too like I hurt my leg or back or something or when things are going well with my training, it's weird. I always hear people talk about some injury or something before a big race then do fine.

Kurite mentioned overhead presses are bad for your shoulders...no shit the next day after that, did some OH presses and my neck went stiff, couldn't even check the blind spot when driving, I had to turn my whole body around to see. Of course I knew it was bullshit but hey, pain is very convincing.

Albert Camus

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 01:36:52 am »
? Inflammation is not imaginary. It might be that your body imagines there is a reason to create inflammation, where really it only causes problems, but it is not in your imagination... Your body is cutting off circulation to that area of the body in order to quarantine and stop the spread of the infection it believes it may have.. But the response is happening, you are not imagining it.. The pain is from the tissues in the quarantined area starving of oxygen and dying because blood flow has been stopped by blood clots.

When you spin around in circles and go dizzy, or get car sickness, your body imagines you have ingested a neuro-toxic poison and makes you feel sick. This is in your body's imagination but not yours... You are feeling sick, and you will be sick if you continue..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Nit

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 07:59:52 pm »
Did you ever find out the problem, I am experiencing the exact same thing right now, it has been like this for 3 days , please help with any new info.

Thanks

Offline yeetingt

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »
That can mean many things but it can be from what you do. Have you been lifting too heavy or working endlessly. This is common in men and from my experience I call it men's sickness associated with the disorientation of the solar plexus. However, it can signify something else. You need to provide more information and background on how it started.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk