Author Topic: Foot Fungus  (Read 11763 times)

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Foot Fungus
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:25:54 am »
I've had foot fungus for like 8 years now.  My nails are yellow and thick, which wouldn't really be a problem except that as my nails grow, they separate from the skin below, not painful tho.  It's especially bad on one of my big toes.  I have completely removed the nail before, leaving nothing but tough skin or shallow nail underneath, and it grew out pretty well over 1/2 a year, but then today I noticed it had separated again and cut most of it off. 

Any advice for curing?
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Foot Fungus
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:44:25 am »
I have the same problem.  It started when I broke off the nail on my right big toe, when I was 15, 19 years ago.  It still hasn't grown back right, although it has never separated from the skin beneath.

If I were going to suggest something, I'd say try going VLC or zero-carb, all-raw, for a few weeks or months, and eat a little unrefined sea salt (like Celtic Gray or Fleur de Sel) to help kill off the fungus. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:03:58 pm »
Externally I would bombard the fungus locally with the top anti-fungals:

concentrated oregano oil (dilute it first or it will burn)
clove oil
hydrogen peroxide
colloidal silver
plus fresh air and sunlight

And you can try an over the counter anti-fungal cream if it works.  Have you tried any of these?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:15:22 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »
Boric acid kills all fungus. External use only.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:14:42 pm »
Add virgin coconut oil to the list.  Use it as a base to dilute oregano oil and clove oil.

I use Boric Acid for cockroaches, keeps them away.
Is boric acid safe for topical use?
How do you use it?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

William

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:32:42 am »

I use Boric Acid for cockroaches, keeps them away.
Is boric acid safe for topical use?
How do you use it?

The story I heard is that nursing mothers used it to wash their nipples, so I guess that it is safe. I put a weak solution on feet, killed the fungus infection. This was after asking the pharmacist how much to dilute it.
I also sprinkled the powder into my boots, NOT recommended, but miners did and do it in the potash mines of Saskatchewan.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 08:38:11 am »
Boric acid is great for stinky feet.

I used to have the most revolting, stinky, cracked feet with layers of skin. My shoes would get ruined from the stink and my feet looked terrible.

Over the last few years of raw paleo my feet are healing and becoming soft, stopped smelling (don't use boric acid anymore)  It's takes years though!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »
  soak your foot in baking soda warm water bath.  the fungus usually will go systemic, hence the suggested low sugar diet and possible repeated baking soda soaks.  Make it a concentrated solution, and the longer the soak the better.  It also takes care of dandruff, or the fungus related to dandruff.

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 03:08:03 pm »
I've had foot fungus for like 8 years now. 
Any advice for curing?

Hi there! What's your diet at the moment? Do you take any medication?
For how long have you been eating raw foods? Are you nearly 100% raw? Do you consume too much of carbs?
Sea water is great for foot fungus and loads so try to swim in the sea every day if you live by the sea ( if not book yourself a holiday ;-) Do you wear rubber shoes at all? Rubber/plastic materials are very bad for your feet!
Eating raw fish and meat since 17.11.08. 99% raw since 25.04.08.

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
fruit > Fungus
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 11:57:13 pm »

advice?

i'd say: stop eating fruit -- but of course this only describes my own past experience & is not of every1's liking

"time & gradient precede existence", me

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 07:55:14 am »
Thanks for all the replies.  I've been RP for 1.5 yrs now, I eat pretty much 2 lbs of raw meat and fat every day and just a little bit of fruit and or coconut water.  Usually less than 40 grams carbs a day.  From January-May of this year I was VLC with less than 30g a day.  For about 6-8 months before that I was at 50-60g carbs per day, so I'm pretty sure it's not related to carbs.  I don't take meds.  I think it's just a lingering issue.

I walk around in boots 10 hrs every day, I'm sure that doesn't help.  It may be something I just have to deal with until I get a job that doesn't require boots.  I'll try some of the remedies mentioned. 
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

William

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 03:21:48 pm »
Sounds like you are eating lless than 80% animal fat/day; if it is true that fat kills fungus/mold/yeast then that might explain why it is so persistent.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 08:22:24 pm »
I walk around in boots 10 hrs every day, I'm sure that doesn't help.  It may be something I just have to deal with until I get a job that doesn't require boots.  I'll try some of the remedies mentioned. 

Wow, 10 hours in boots everyday.  That figures.
What's your line of work?

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 12:53:49 am »
Air Force.  I did have this problem before I got in.  My toes do seem to have improved some on RP, but it will probably be very limitted until I can kick the boots.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 01:51:05 am »
I have a friend whose brother cured his own athlete's foot using copper-impregnated socks.  Here's the link:

www.cupronsales.com/odor_fighting_socks_s/5.htm

It might be worth a shot.  You could email them or whatever to ask.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 12:26:31 pm »
i get my pretty feet back from those ugly fungus. after living USA for 15 yrs, the poisonous food makes my feet extremely ugly. now strictly following 100% raw animal diet for last one month or so, the beauty of my feet comes  back. now my feet are the most gorgeous part of my body.   ;D
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:42 pm »
Interesting. I've had a somewhat similar experience. My fingernails used to be somewhat ugly, with bloody hangnails, many leukonychia (white spots), pronounced vertical ridges, and irregularly opaque distal edges. Now they are somewhat attractive, with very few and shrinking hangnails, only one tiny white spot, gradually disappearing ridges, and uniformly bright white distal edges. The shiny white edges are what really stand out at this point.

A couple people in person and a bunch of online sources claimed that leukonychia are from hitting one's fingernails on headboards or other hard objects in one's sleep. This was utterly ridiculous in my case, because I have never owned a headboard and the one bed of my childhood that did have a headboard had such a small one that it was too difficult to reach without awkward stretching. At the time I was told that leukonychia is caused by headboards my bed had no headboard and was not within arms reach of anything hard like a wall or anything else and I've never been known to sleepwalk. I even tried banging my fingernails on a headboard as hard as I could handle (and I wasn't a very heavy sleeper--so the pain would likely have woken me up if I did it in my sleep) to see if it created any white spots. None appeared. Besides, my spots were little, fairly uniform, round white things, not thick white lines or big splotches one might expect from hitting the fat edge or flat face of a headboard. Maybe leukonychia is caused by banging for others, but certainly not for me. Yet it gets repeated by some people as though it were dogma that's true for everyone--and I've never seen a scientific reference given to support this.

Within a few weeks of adopting a Paleo diet the white spots and ridges started diminishing and have never been as bad as they once were (though increasing fruit, winter squash, nightshades and other plant carbs in my diet worsened things somewhat again for a while, but not as bad as it had been--though this was interesting confirmation that diet was the cause for me)--yet I made no changes in my bed or bedroom at the time of my first dramatic reduction in these symptoms. The only significant change was dietary. Going carnivore helped further, and brought out the white of the edges. I also accidentally found that zinc supplementation helped to further diminish the white spots. I learned online that zinc deficiency is linked to leukonychia, though some deny it. In my case the connection appeared to be confirmed. The headboard folk tale also didn't explain why my ridges were diminishing, hangnails disappearing, etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:54:49 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 05:37:40 am »
Sometimes you have to let your body breathe.  I recommend when you go to bed sleep in the nude.  I don't care what diet you're eating, anyone would get trench foot, if you had on boots for too long.  I've been getting jock itch because of these damn thermals I have to wear in the east coast.  It's freezing out here.  It seems that Tea Tree oil works well with fungal infections topically. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

William

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 08:46:39 am »
If the thermals are synthetic, I can understand the itch. Great environment for fungus.
This (wool) has never caused that problem for me:http://www.stanfields.com/products.asp?CategoryID=8&SubCategoryID=36

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 10:54:39 am »
try washing with baking soda.  make paste and apply for a minute or two.  whatever is there won't be there for long. unless it's systemic...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk