Author Topic: RPD brings EXCESSIVE HEALING for Eye Surgery Recovery!!!  (Read 9648 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
RPD brings EXCESSIVE HEALING for Eye Surgery Recovery!!!
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:15:53 am »
Retinal Detachment Surgery Recovery:
Now the Doctor says EXCESSIVE HEALING is bad for Surgery

How can you not be frustrated with these eye doctor surgeons? First he does several very painful surgeries on my friend J. Then tells J that the problem with his eye is it is NOT HEALING so he pumps a gas bubble in his left eye to keep the lasered portion from peeling. So J calls me up and asks for help with healing. We do EVERYTHING right. J heals unbelievably fast, healing everything and anything all over his body, not just his eye. The eye doctor surgeon monitors his eye and says yes J is now in healing mode. A few days later the same eye doctor surgeon says middle aged J (48) is HEALING TOO FAST LIKE A YOUNG MAN and this is now detrimental to his left eye surgery recovery.

“Bad news from the doctor today. More surgery may be necessary due to the EXCESSIVE HEALING and scar tissue formation.” was the initial text message I received from J before we went into a conversation last night.

The dreaded more invasive procedure involving some oil initially J wanted to avoid is now being suggested by his eye doctor surgeon… because J has OVERSHOT his healing goals? Good grief and loads of frustration with this doctor. What do you want? First you say he isn’t healing, now you say he is OVER HEALING?????????????? Healing too fast like a young man in his 20s???????????? Why can’t the doc just admit that he botched the job, made a mistake instead of telling J you are damned if you DON’T HEAL and damned if you OVER HEAL!!!! How do you heal moderately to his precise specifications???

Time for a 2nd opinion and a 3rd opinion of an eye doctor surgeon!

In meantime J will be stopping the juicing of nutritious fruit and vegetable and just eating them plainly. J is on a rawish paleo diet with raw vegetables, raw fruit and seared beef and raw fish. He also did some egg yolk liver flushing and avocado leaves tea kidney cleansing. And all this allegedly brings on EXCESSIVE HEALING… HEALING TOO FAST LIKE A YOUNG MAN…. unbelievable!

Source: http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/11/10/retinal-detachment-surgery-recovery-now-the-doctor-says-excessive-healing-is-bad-for-surgery/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: RPD brings EXCESSIVE HEALING for Eye Surgery Recovery!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:34:46 am »
Maybe your friend is suffering from not enough drugs in his system. ;)
Cheers
Al

Offline Rawdietforhealth

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 02:23:00 pm »
Actually it wasn't necessarily excessive healing per se but the body responding to foreign cells introduced due to the detachment.  The scar tissue or membrane that forms happens more in younger patients with a strong immune system.  At some point, the membrane needs to be removed ao I can see properly since it now is pulling on the retina and macula which creates twisted vision like looking in a funny mirror.  The hope is that it stabilizes long enough not to need oil in place of gas during the vitrectomy.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 04:32:20 pm »
The hope is that it stabilizes long enough not to need oil in place of gas during the vitrectomy.

I don't understand the oil/gas thing.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Rawdietforhealth

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 08:40:23 am »
You can search for vitrectomy online or read the links on the blog attached by goodsamaritan.  Basically after the eye is literally drained and laser surgery is performed to attach the retina, either silicone oil or long acting gas is used to fill the eye while it heals.  Silicone oil has several potential complications and requires another surgery to replace the oil, while gas usually only requires one surgery and dissolves completely over time.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:27 am »
Interesting. Sun gazing also cure all kind of eye problems.
bugs or country chickens

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:50:50 am »
Interesting. Sun gazing also cure all kind of eye problems.

Problems like being able to see in colour?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:00:15 am »
I don't know about color blindness. Opps! -\
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:51:16 am »
Some scientists hypothesize that color blindness is not a defect, but developed as an evolutionary advantage among hunting ancestors, as studies have found that color blindness provides an advantage in detecting dull-colored prey, which was reported and discussed at this thread:

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/does-color-blindness-suggest-a-hunter-past/msg26303/#msg26303

Also "Color vision deficient people have a tendency to better night vision and, in some situations, they can perceive variations in luminosity that color-sighted people could not" (http://www.archimedes-lab.org/colorblindnesstest.html), which would presumably provide an advantage during dusk and dawn hunting and warring.

If it's true that color blindness provided a hunting and/or warring advantage, then with good hunting providing prestige to a man in a hunting society it's even possible that color blind men were more likely to be the most respected members of tribes and eventually hunter-warrior chiefs when chiefdom arose. It puts color blindness into a whole new and more positive perspective.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:00:41 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:43 pm »
I was actually suggesting that of the 'ailments' staring at the sun may cure, colour-sightedness might be one.  ;D

I like hearing your information on colour-blindness though Phil.

Colour blindness sounds like it could best work in the North, which would fit in nicely with your Neanderthal ideas.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:55:05 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 05:49:09 pm »
The way I see it color-blindness, if the above is correct, is not an overall benefit re hunting, it is only a benefit in certain cases such as dusk/dawn( as in the case of being lefthanded, for example).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »
My GF and I have been doing sungazing for a year and a half.

She has improved dramatically going back 10 years in reading glass prescription and can now read large print books. On her previous checkup she was told that she would require minor surgery and a note on her driving license that she required glasses. That has gone out the window.

I was prescribed 1.2 and now I use 1.0 reading glasses if it is late at night or I am reading something really small. Interestingly our food requirements have reduced also.

I highly recommend it to anyone and a site that we used for guidance is organized by a fellow from India ? Hira R Manek. It's free and easy.

http://solarhealing.com/
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 08:37:54 pm »
I was actually suggesting that of the 'ailments' staring at the sun may cure, colour-sightedness might be one.  ;D
Oh, I get it. LOL Nice irony.

I like hearing your information on colour-blindness though Phil.

Colour blindness sounds like it could best work in the North, which would fit in nicely with your Neanderthal ideas.
Yuppers. Given their supposedly more meat-oriented diets (though they ate some plant foods, of course), I've also wondered if Neanderthals might have had higher rates of color-blindness than other hominins. I guess the only way to check that would be via the DNA evidence.

I wonder if insectivores would tend to have even higher rates of red-green colorblindness than Neanderthals, given that a lot (though not all) of insects and grubs are black, brown or whitish rather than red or green and given that insectivores tend to do a lot of night hunting? I'll bet the ancestor of all primates--a tree-shrew-like omnivore that ate lots of insects--had red-green colorblind specimens among its numbers.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 07:56:05 pm »
I doubt sun-gazing can cure color-bindness since its is inherited and the alleles for that have been identified in our DNA.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 09:29:49 pm »
If your friend J heals fast and has no eye problems and doctor still wants something from you take your friend buy 2 baseball bats and go visit your doc!! yes its that simple!!

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 10:24:31 pm »
I doubt sun-gazing can cure color-bindness since its is inherited and the alleles for that have been identified in our DNA.

Can't DNA be activated/de-activated based on circumstances?

If your friend J heals fast and has no eye problems and doctor still wants something from you take your friend buy 2 baseball bats and go visit your doc!! yes its that simple!!

In Soviet Russia Doctor fears YOU!!!

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 03:49:00 am »
In Soviet Russia Doctor fears YOU!!!

:)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:02 am »
A study showed that inherited red-green color blindness provides an advantage in seeing through camouflage (Dichromats Detect Colour-Camouflaged Objects that are not Detected by Trichromats, http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/248/1323/291.long) and scientists have "suggested that this may be the evolutionary explanation for the surprisingly high frequency of congenital red-green color blindness." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#cite_note-Morgan-1). So congenital red-green color blindness may not be a defect to be "cured," but a historical evolutionary advantage (as it would provide an advantage in hunting) that is less beneficial due to changes in society, not disease or genetic defects.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk