Author Topic: diarrhea  (Read 15468 times)

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
diarrhea
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:43:32 pm »
Ive been eating Raw Food since january 1 2009, consist of raw beef w/ fat, 6 eggs, raw vegetable juice each day. I notice that my fatigue and muscle aches are gone. My constipation became less compared to last year where I always get constipated and felt some pain in my colon area. My stomach feels heavy for almost a day when I eat cooked foods.
 Last friday January 30 2009 9 pm I have a diarrhea up to now I still have it. I dont have a fever and blood in stools. I just feel weak sometimes and some muscle aches but its just temporary. And also the day before I get a diarrhea I urinated a very cloudy urine I looked closely and  felt it  with my finger its feels  and looks grainy like sand at first I was afraid but I think positive.  Guys do you have an I dea of what is happening to me. I stopped eating meat for 2 days already I only eat raw vegetable juice and eggs.  Does any body here has the same experience? all comments are welcome .

Thanks

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:10:26 pm »
Are you breaking up kidney stones?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 06:27:01 pm »
I dont know if thoes are kidney stones.  I dont have any kidney/ urinating probrems.  I dont have any cleansing procedures. I just ate raw foods for a month.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »
Raw fats are cleansing.  Could be a cleansing reaction.  If you have never done detoxes like in this list http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols then it is a good guess you are self cleansing.  Your body is now able to do that because of the raw food.

If you need to clear your kidneys you can drink a lot of coconut juice, eat a lot of watermelon (in season now!) and you can make yourself some avocado leaves tea and drink 1.5 liters every evening.  That will clean your kidneys. http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/kidney-cleanse/avocado-leaves-tea

Barefoot Herbalist MH has a more thorough kidney cleanse formula for 6 weeks.  Just like Hulda Clark's recommendation, but more convenient.  I've done this.  Easy.

If you suspect parasites could be a problem, recently my 3 children one by one had some parasite problems they had tummy aches and loose stools, you can take herbal dewormers.  From http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com and http://www.humaworm.com take your pick.  I always have Barefoot dewormer at home, pretty useful.  Hulda Clark and Barefoot are correct, many symptoms we experience are caused by parasites. (whether we eat cooked or raw food)

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 12:59:22 am »
AsianGuy,
I'm not a real believer in long term detox issues.  I do believe that there is a transition period where your body, intestinal flora, etc must adapt to the new foods and the old bacteria in the intestines will die off creating some toxins but this should be short lived.  Within a few weeks your body should adapt to your new diet, however, expect things like percent body fat and other body composition factors to change much more slowly - say up to a year to 18 months before everything like body mass and weight stablize.

I also found that raw vegetable juice caused major problems for me.  It sounded good in theory but caused bloating and loose and very smelly stools when I consumed it.   Once I stopped drinking it altogether, stools firmed up, bloating went away, and the horrible smell was gone.  There are also a large amount of alkyloids in green juices and I often experienced cloudy urine when drinking any significant amount of the stuff. 

I spent almost 20 years as a diehard vegan drinking large amounts of green juices because the gurus said it was the right thing to do.  My body kept telling a different story but I refused to listen - even though my health was clearly deteriorating.  The gurus all told me it was detox and of course I believed them.  So I suffered through "DETOX" for about 20 years.  I even did a 31 day water-only-fast that almost killed me, but the gurus told me that I was so toxic that this was the only way I could solve the problem.  It took me over 2 years to recover from this fast and the detox symptoms continued.

Funny thing is that when I stopped drinking the green juices, cut out the carbs, and ate meat and fat instead, all the detox symptoms cleared up within a matter of weeks and have never returned.  My mood stabilized from the roller coaster ups and downs, my type 2 diabetes went away, my blood pressure dropped from 150/95 to 106/60, cholesterol went from 235 to 189, triglycerides went from 500 to 62, and horrible migraine headaches that I've suffered since I was a teenager completely went away.

My suggestion?  Ditch the green juice.  If you want some carbs then eat a bit of fruit once a day as a small snack, otherwise eat meat and fat and eat it as raw as you can tollerate.  Your body will adapt fairly quickly and I think you'll feel much better for the change.

Hope this helps,

Lex 

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 05:01:19 am »
Raw fats are cleansing.  Could be a cleansing reaction.  If you have never done detoxes like in this list http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols then it is a good guess you are self cleansing.  Your body is now able to do that because of the raw food.

If you need to clear your kidneys you can drink a lot of coconut juice, eat a lot of watermelon (in season now!) and you can make yourself some avocado leaves tea and drink 1.5 liters every evening.  That will clean your kidneys. http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/kidney-cleanse/avocado-leaves-tea

Barefoot Herbalist MH has a more thorough kidney cleanse formula for 6 weeks.  Just like Hulda Clark's recommendation, but more convenient.  I've done this.  Easy.

If you suspect parasites could be a problem, recently my 3 children one by one had some parasite problems they had tummy aches and loose stools, you can take herbal dewormers.  From http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com and http://www.humaworm.com take your pick.  I always have Barefoot dewormer at home, pretty useful.  Hulda Clark and Barefoot are correct, many symptoms we experience are caused by parasites. (whether we eat cooked or raw food)

when I ate raw meat my stool became light yellow in color and almost odorless, I also ate some apple juice when I crave for sweets, I dont loose weight until I have this diarrhea. I only drink coconut juice for almost 3 days when my stool became loose. this morning when I wake up I urinate a very cloudy urine a little darker with a foul odor and also since last friday my urine was very concentrated even if I drink allot of water.  last year before I ate raw meat I always wake up  feelling fatigue and it will last the whole day but know I dont feel any fatigue. Im afraid of whats going to happen next if this is a detox is there a way to slow it down because Im working and cant be like this for long. When I looked at the mirror it appears I loose allot of weight but, but my whole feeling is strong and energetic

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 05:09:01 am »
AsianGuy,
I'm not a real believer in long term detox issues.  I do believe that there is a transition period where your body, intestinal flora, etc must adapt to the new foods and the old bacteria in the intestines will die off creating some toxins but this should be short lived.  Within a few weeks your body should adapt to your new diet, however, expect things like percent body fat and other body composition factors to change much more slowly - say up to a year to 18 months before everything like body mass and weight stablize.

I also found that raw vegetable juice caused major problems for me.  It sounded good in theory but caused bloating and loose and very smelly stools when I consumed it.   Once I stopped drinking it altogether, stools firmed up, bloating went away, and the horrible smell was gone.  There are also a large amount of alkyloids in green juices and I often experienced cloudy urine when drinking any significant amount of the stuff. 

I spent almost 20 years as a diehard vegan drinking large amounts of green juices because the gurus said it was the right thing to do.  My body kept telling a different story but I refused to listen - even though my health was clearly deteriorating.  The gurus all told me it was detox and of course I believed them.  So I suffered through "DETOX" for about 20 years.  I even did a 31 day water-only-fast that almost killed me, but the gurus told me that I was so toxic that this was the only way I could solve the problem.  It took me over 2 years to recover from this fast and the detox symptoms continued.

Funny thing is that when I stopped drinking the green juices, cut out the carbs, and ate meat and fat instead, all the detox symptoms cleared up within a matter of weeks and have never returned.  My mood stabilized from the roller coaster ups and downs, my type 2 diabetes went away, my blood pressure dropped from 150/95 to 106/60, cholesterol went from 235 to 189, triglycerides went from 500 to 62, and horrible migraine headaches that I've suffered since I was a teenager completely went away.

My suggestion?  Ditch the green juice.  If you want some carbs then eat a bit of fruit once a day as a small snack, otherwise eat meat and fat and eat it as raw as you can tollerate.  Your body will adapt fairly quickly and I think you'll feel much better for the change.

Hope this helps,

Lex 
I notice that carrot juice makes my stool smelly and appears darker especially when I drink it 1 hr before/ after meals. It also makes my food feels longer in my stomach. I dont drink carrot juice since I notice that.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 05:23:30 am »
  I agree with Lex. The problem is with juice is that one really can never know how much to drink.  For if you were chewing and sucking the juice out of the plant, you would never 'dirink' as much juice, because there would be a taste stop; it would taste very bad.  So, instead, we use our heads and think our way into the equation...  With the results being that we take in more than our body wants and tries to pass it through, thus feeding all kinds of bacteria.  This passing liquid also moves faster than the food, meat, eaten before hand, so it mixes and causes disruption in one's normal peristalsis.   The advice, eat when hungry, and stop when not,  will allow your body to teach you what it needs.  It's so hard not to intervene.   We all have thought we know what's best, only to change a thousand times over whenever we get 'another' new bit of info as to how to get 'cleaner' or healthier, etc.  For some coconut water can also cause gas or increased bacteria to form.  The water can ferment very quickly if not absorbed and used by the body.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 07:30:30 am »
One way to slow down a raw food detox adjustment is to eat some cooked food.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:36:03 am »
  I agree with Lex. The problem is with juice is that one really can never know how much to drink.  For if you were chewing and sucking the juice out of the plant, you would never 'dirink' as much juice, because there would be a taste stop; it would taste very bad.  So, instead, we use our heads and think our way into the equation...  With the results being that we take in more than our body wants and tries to pass it through, thus feeding all kinds of bacteria.  This passing liquid also moves faster than the food, meat, eaten before hand, so it mixes and causes disruption in one's normal peristalsis.   The advice, eat when hungry, and stop when not,  will allow your body to teach you what it needs.  It's so hard not to intervene.   We all have thought we know what's best, only to change a thousand times over whenever we get 'another' new bit of info as to how to get 'cleaner' or healthier, etc.  For some coconut water can also cause gas or increased bacteria to form.  The water can ferment very quickly if not absorbed and used by the body.
I drink 2 cups of vegetable juice a day.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 10:21:28 am »
light yellow colored stool isn't right.
stool should be colored dark brown.
I usually suspect indigestion with light colored stool.
maybe the spacing of eating is too small, or the food combination makes it hard to digest (greens + meat is a no no in my diet),  or maybe the liver needs cleansing / moving with liver flushes so bile will flow more freely.

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 12:43:57 pm »
light yellow colored stool isn't right.
stool should be colored dark brown.
I usually suspect indigestion with light colored stool.
maybe the spacing of eating is too small, or the food combination makes it hard to digest (greens + meat is a no no in my diet),  or maybe the liver needs cleansing / moving with liver flushes so bile will flow more freely.

Do you think I need a liver cleanse? I only eat 1 type of food per meal and usually only ate meat  during lunch 11 am  and dinner 10 pm. I always feel tired and sleepy after lunch and my stomach feels heavy.  I also drink fresh water buffalo milk sometimes when available, I also feel tired after drinking it.  Should I stop drinking raw milk?

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 01:29:43 pm »
I drink 2 cups of vegetable juice a day.

In my experience this is way too much.  Again, I recommend you cut out the vegetable juice all together.  You really don't need it at all.

We all have thought we know what's best, only to change a thousand times over whenever we get 'another' new bit of info as to how to get 'cleaner' or healthier, etc. 

This is so true and I fell into this trap for many years during my vegan phase.  Things weren't working as expected so I was always trying something new.  This approach did not serve me well.  If you read my journal you'll see that I now eat a very simple diet.  When I make a change I only make one change at a time and then I stick with that change for several weeks or months (unless an obvious major problem develops).  This gives my body time to adapt and I can truly determine if there is benefit to the change or if I was better off without it.  If you are constantly adding and removing things from your diet you'll always be in a state of flux and never know for sure what is working and what isn't.

I'd recommend that you commit to several months of eating just meat and fat and maybe one medium sized piece of fruit per day as a snack.  Give your body 3 to 4 months to adapt to this.  Then if you want to add something else to your diet (or even increase or decrease the amount of what you are currently eating) do it one thing at a time and again allow your body several weeks to adapt to the change and see how it reacts.  Then you can make an informed decision as to whether the change is desirable or not.

Lex

Lex

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »
Do you think I need a liver cleanse? I only eat 1 type of food per meal and usually only ate meat  during lunch 11 am  and dinner 10 pm. I always feel tired and sleepy after lunch and my stomach feels heavy.  I also drink fresh water buffalo milk sometimes when available, I also feel tired after drinking it.  Should I stop drinking raw milk?

Regarding liver cleanses or any cleanses, everyone benefits but I don't know your condition or what you are trying to do.  Age, weight, height, what symptoms were you battling with.  I personally think dinner at 10pm is really late.  How about shifting to dinner at 7pm and sleeping before 10pm?  Of course it may have something to do with your work schedule.  Sleepy after a big meal is normal.  I get really sleepy if the big meal is cooked.  Not so sleepy if its raw.  As for water buffalo milk, it is part of your unique experimental experience whether it benefits you or not.  Lex has some pretty good tips regarding experimenting with food.  I do those experiments myself as well. 

If you live in the Manila area, maybe we could meet up and exchange notes? 

Offline AsianGuy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 04:59:20 pm »
I will try Lex advice I will experiment on differrent foods that will make me feel better. I feel ok now, my detox like reactions had stopped. I will try to add some weight before I do some cleansing. Im 28 yrs old. Im always healthy and feels well not until I have this sore throat that affects my heart and gave me palpitations and fatigue 3yrs ago, my digestions are affected too, lack of energy and loss of weight results. My lips and tongue swells and my body tremble whenever I ate fast-foods or foods that are seasoned even foods like menudo, adobo, chopsuey, spaghetti etc, I feel really tired when I eat bread and rice. I can no longer eat supermarket fish(freshwater/saltwater) because same reactions results. The only left for me to eat are boiled chicken, pork ,beef , raw eggs ,some raw milk and fruit/vegetable juice. Finally through the internet I was able to learn that raw meat is safe to eat which I found no negative reactions I will also try to eat raw fish. I manage to  recover some strength by being carefull of my diet,and not to take the medicines I used to take. I dont ask doctors for medical advice anymore  because they are giving me medicines that makes my condition worst.  Because I look healthy from the outside and Im always ok based on the medical results, they always conclude now that my symptoms are based on depression.  For now I will try too eat just raw meat and fats.

Thanks

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 12:12:20 am »
I will try Lex advice I will experiment on differrent foods that will make me feel better.

The idea here is to set a baseline with the simplest diet possible.  Meat and fat is about as simple as it gets but most people want some variety and a daily piece of fruit seems to do the trick while keeping withing the guidelines of raw paleo.

It can take several months to become completely stable as both your digestive system and your body composition will change.  In my case I was 60 lbs overweight, and though my digestive system seemed to be doing well on the new diet after 3 - 4 months, it took about 18 months before my weight fully stabilized.

Be patient.  At age 28 you have plenty of time.

Lex

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 06:50:05 pm »
Get rid of the raw dairy/milk(don't even touch butter in small amounts). That stuff is the most harmful food on a raw animal food diet. Many people suffer problems from it, not just of an allergenic nature. In my case, consuming raw and pasteurised dairy led to me suffering from adrenal burnout and becoming unable to properly digest any cooked animal foods at all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 12:17:44 am »
I've never experience a problem with butter.  I don't eat it very often (3-4 times a year) but when I do, it is to raise the fat level of whatever I'm eating so I eat a good bit of it (maybe a 1/4 lb) at a time.

I've found that almost all other dairy products, milk, cream, yoghurt, cheese, etc do cause me minor problems so I avoid them completely.

Lex

Offline LvB

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 11:40:05 pm »
For the past week I've been having diarrhea every time I go to have a bowel movement. It seems to happen more when I eat a lot of fats, like bone marrow or avocados, one time after eating my first bone marrow I had the light yellow poo. I went to the doctor about it yesterday, and they said not to eat any high fat foods or spicy foods for a while, because if it's an intestinal "bug" it will have a chance to clear up and I can go back to eating how I want. They said to eat a lot of bland foods and prepared plain. I  decided to see if the fat was really the problem, and last night I ate some avocados anyway. Immediately after I started to get a stomach ache. I'm worried that I can't digest fat well because of a bile duct blockage or something, or I might have parasites, because I've eaten a lot of raw never frozen salmon and arctic char over the past month. I suppose since I read about eating garlic, ginger and pepper, I could do that just to see if that helps, if not then it's my own digestion that's the problem. For years, even before going vegan or now raw paleo I've had trouble with indigestion and would have a lot of gas. I'm trying mono eating now, where I eat each separate food one at a time, from quickest to digest to slowest, and lately I'm still having diarrhea. It's not like how the parasite diarrhea was described, getting the runs right after eating anything, but I'm still thinking of trying that anyway. I never did see anything like little worms in the fish I was eating, and I always look for them when I eat it.

I really want to figure out what the cause could be so I could then treat that.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 08:35:44 am »
    I never check for worms in my rawmeat.  I had the runs for the first month I ate RAF and I was eating a lot of fat for the most part of my RAF.  I welcomed the runs.  It got rid of cellulite, pain, stiffness that I had previous to embarking on RAF lifestyle.  I trust when I'm eating the right foods, the right things happen to my body.  Diarrhea can be dangerous, but is it possible this is a good thing that's happening to you?  I have rarely eaten avocados since going RAF.  Avocados don't have saturated fat like animal fats do.  Avocado also has fiber in it.  I'm really not too big or fiber.  It's never done me much good.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk