Author Topic: Enzymes  (Read 3719 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Enzymes
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:49:18 am »
I thought this was interesting and felt like sharing.

http://sites.commercecreators.com/folder1402/listing/EnzymeNutrition.pdf

"For example, raw meat contains an enzyme known as cathepsin, which is
widely distributed in muscles and organs. After the death of an animal, their tissues become acidic and this promotes catheptic activity. This enzyme, therefore, promotes
autolysis and aids in pre-digestion by animals that consume this raw flesh."

I'm considering reading Dr. Howell's book on enzymes.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Enzymes
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:40:32 am »
Do it! Then share all the health secrets with us muahaha!
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 10:37:39 am »
Lol I found a place selling it that lets you read a few pages before buying in case you're interested in reading a little.

http://books.google.com/books/about/Enzyme_Nutrition.html?id=h9EgG8O7GgIC
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »
I've been looking into the topic of enzymes, and I've actually seen a lot of places where they say freezing doesn't actually destroy/denature any of the enzymes. They say it slows down the rate at which they function (while frozen).

http://www.livestrong.com/article/373748-does-freezing-kill-enzymes-in-food/

"Freezing an enzyme has a different effect, however. Rather than denaturing the enzyme, freezing appears simply to slow the rate at which the enzyme operates. There is no permanent effect on enzyme function as a result of freezing, explain Dr. A. Meijer and colleagues in a 1977 article in "Histochemistry and Cell Biology.""

There are many other sources that say the same thing. It seems to be more the raw food promoters claiming enzymes are damaged by freezing.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:02:21 am »
That may explain why many on this forum eat frozen and have no issues with digestion or health.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 04:42:48 pm »
That may explain why many on this forum eat frozen and have no issues with digestion or health.

It likely has something to do with it. I've been eating JUST frozen meats practically for some time now and my health is only improving.

I have access to fresh grass fed meats, but it's MUCH more expensive so I buy it frozen.

Offline jesterhead

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 11:49:54 pm »
I own a copy of both Enzyme Nutrition and Food Enzymes for Health and Longevity. I've had them for some years now but have never read them. I'm going to look through them and post anything interesting.
Weston A. Price on obtaining knowledge from primitive cultures:

"It may be not only our greatest opportunity, but our best hope for stemming the tide of our progressive breakdown and also for our return to harmony with Nature's laws, since life in its fullness is Nature obeyed."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk