Author Topic: Aura  (Read 15010 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Aura
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 02:54:44 am »
100% raw paleo (instincto) since January 1987, so that’ll be soon 26 years! Never ate anything cooked nor any dairy ever since except once a cubic cm of raw goat cheese. :D

Congratulations! I think you are our Nr. 1 long-term raw paleo dieter, right?

Who comes next?

Löwenherz

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 10:33:36 am »
its silly to me that fruititarians would think that being more close to nature is being on a non violent diet.  when is nature non violent?  only in the fairy tales men tell themselves when they fear the truth, that nature is violent, death is natural, hurt is natural, those are the other side of the coin to peace, life, joy........you cannot have one without the other.  we only believe these things because we are incapable of dealing with this because we have been told to believe that truth and perfection, those things created in mans mind, are ideal, but these ideals are false, and nature only has balance.

i skimmed this post because its freezing out while i am typing this, but i have good faith in your healing aura because you seem to be open to admit what hasnt worked for you before and willing to find a better way to be

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 11:42:00 am »
There are other things I need to learn though; hunting, survival skills etc

Hunting requires some mental adjustments.  Hunters must never get emotionally attached to prey.  It's only a food, nothing more.  It gets a lot easier after the first kill.  Start with gutting and butchering someone else's kill.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 12:03:06 pm »
I'm attached to my prey, but that doesn't interfere with my killing them, just as one day I will die and become food for many other creatures.

You can kill with love and honor, you *should* kill with love and honor. Killing is not a bad thing,  it has to happen for the circle of life to work properly.

I killed one of my favorite young roosters yesterday for a meal. I nurtured him from a chick, I didn't want to lose him but that is how the cycle works. To show him respect I killed him instantly and he didn't even have time to become alarmed. Then I honor him by putting all his body to use. I ate all the meat, the dogs ate the bones and his feathers will go in to nests to raise new life.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »
its silly to me that fruititarians would think that being more close to nature is being on a non violent diet.  when is nature non violent?  only in the fairy tales men tell themselves when they fear the truth, that nature is violent, death is natural, hurt is natural, those are the other side of the coin to peace, life, joy........you cannot have one without the other.  we only believe these things because we are incapable of dealing with this because we have been told to believe that truth and perfection, those things created in mans mind, are ideal, but these ideals are false, and nature only has balance.

i skimmed this post because its freezing out while i am typing this, but i have good faith in your healing aura because you seem to be open to admit what hasnt worked for you before and willing to find a better way to be

Thank you Jessica, I agree with you!
Only that I would expand such concepts to most of the humanity today, not just to fruitarians/vegans/vegetarians..

We are children in this society/tribe we are living in and never got initiated in the art of hunting.
I think all comforts we "achieved" made us weaker and weaker instead of really improving our lives; technology just made inevitable struggle and suffering more bearable..

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »
Hunting requires some mental adjustments.  Hunters must never get emotionally attached to prey.  It's only a food, nothing more.  It gets a lot easier after the first kill.  Start with gutting and butchering someone else's kill.

Hi ys, nice to meet you!
Today I got a wild fresh fish from the Black Sea. I got lots of (useless) thoughts while butchering it.. l)
But need to wake up.. the fruitarian dream is over. 8)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »
I'm attached to my prey, but that doesn't interfere with my killing them, just as one day I will die and become food for many other creatures.

You can kill with love and honor, you *should* kill with love and honor. Killing is not a bad thing,  it has to happen for the circle of life to work properly.

I killed one of my favorite young roosters yesterday for a meal. I nurtured him from a chick, I didn't want to lose him but that is how the cycle works. To show him respect I killed him instantly and he didn't even have time to become alarmed. Then I honor him by putting all his body to use. I ate all the meat, the dogs ate the bones and his feathers will go in to nests to raise new life.

The poetry of Life  ;)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 05:36:15 am »

i agree with this ryan, any time i have killed or been there while an animal was being killed there was an attachment to the life, a very strong and intense one, that the animal held and was passing on.  i think when you buy a chunk of meat at the store there is definitely not the same attachment, there isnt that moment between life and death that grows a knot in your throat.  the version weve created of the world is small and sterile and unfeeling

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 03:27:07 pm »
Congratulations! I think you are our Nr. 1 long-term raw paleo dieter, right?
Who comes next?
Löwenherz
Thanks, but no, not at all: GCB, 3 of his children and Jean-Daniel D are the Nr. 1 as they were the pioneers in the 60's and have been on raw paleo ever since.

Jean-Daniel's wife and several others in Switzerland and later in France also started well before me and are still eating "instincto".   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 03:31:03 pm »

We go about eating the pigs, turtles (for a day or two), fish (for a day) ducks and chickens we care for.  It's not hunting.  But I teach the kids it's food.  And that they should at the minimum watch the slaughter or they don't eat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 11:26:02 pm »
Thanks, but no, not at all: GCB, 3 of his children and Jean-Daniel D are the Nr. 1 as they were the pioneers in the 60's and have been on raw paleo ever since.

Jean-Daniel's wife and several others in Switzerland and later in France also started well before me and are still eating "instincto".   

Do you know other long-term raw paleo members here?

Tyler? PP? How many years are you now eating raw paleo?

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 12:12:16 am »
PP has only been doing rawpalaeo for a few years now, I think. I've only been doing rawpalaeo for  10.5  years,  11 years of RVAF if one counts the Primal Diet, and c. 13-14 years of rawism, including my raw vegan/fruitarian periods. Iguana is a master/sensei among us 2nd-rankers, having done at least 23-25(?)  years of rawpalaeoism/Instinctoism and runs his own farm etc. . I would say that most RVAFers only got started in c. 1997+ after Aajonus first published his book. Instincto went on way before that point. I do know, online,  a large number of people who've done it as long as I have or perhaps a bit longer, but precious few other than Instinctos for a lot longer than that.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 12:24:49 am »
Iguana is a master/sensei among us 2nd-rankers, having done at least 23-25(?)  years of rawpalaeoism/Instinctoism
Thanks!  :) But that's a little more: 26 years next January ;)
100% raw paleo (instincto) since January 1987, so that’ll be soon 26 years! Never ate anything cooked nor any dairy ever since except once a cubic cm of raw goat cheese. :D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 05:21:25 am »
@Iguana - what caused you to follow the raw paleo path?
What kind of lifestyle do you lead now (eg normal job with garden...)?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 05:31:36 am »
We go about eating the pigs, turtles (for a day or two), fish (for a day) ducks and chickens we care for.  It's not hunting.  But I teach the kids it's food.  And that they should at the minimum watch the slaughter or they don't eat.

i have always thought of bearing witness to the death as an act of respect and a urge for responsibility.  how you take care of the animal or its environment becomes important because before you take the life of an animal you want to be sure you are participating in making its life the best possible.  and also that you are a legacy of that animals life in a sense, you inherit its energy, therefor it is important not to waste it doing harmful things

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 03:51:20 pm »
Within tribes what seems to be regarded most is balance between taking and replacing
In some tribes this is practiced the following way:  if they do kill a mama monkey to eat, puppies get adopted by the tribe and even breastfed.
It is vital not to stop the life/death flow.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:54 am »
@Iguana - what caused you to follow the raw paleo path?
What kind of lifestyle do you lead now (eg normal job with garden...)?
Well, I read GCB’s book http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggindex.html  (original in French) and his arguments seemed relevant and logical to me, but I thought his theory could be wrong. As I didn’t know anybody who had tried to eat raw paleo and I was curious about it, I decided to try myself for a week. As I felt better than I had ever felt in my life, I decided to go on for another week. :)

After those 2 weeks, my wife told me “we have some guests tonight, you should eat with us!”. I replied : “yes, sure, I’ve seen what I wanted to see, I’ll eat your meal along with all of you, my experiment lasted long enough!”

The cooked dinner was fine, except it made me so unwell that I couldn’t sleep the whole night… Then I felt that my body had started a detox-reconstruction work and that it was deeply disturbed by this re-ingestion of cooked food  -d. Therefore I thought that I should better keep on the raw paleo – instincto path for some time. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:52:30 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 04:13:55 am »
Thank you Iguana, you have an inspiring story and the anopsology interview was very helpful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk