Author Topic: Yuri recovery  (Read 230433 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Yuri recovery
« Reply #450 on: October 19, 2010, 10:10:05 pm »
They appear to be all in range.

Don't things like cortisol change through out the day anyway? seems like if anyone looked hard enough and took enough tests you can find something wrong. I know, I've done it.

Just noticed anti TPO is high. What ever that is and who cares?

You know I get fatigue, feel cold sometimes, cramps, get swollen glands, dry eyes,  I even lost muscle mass lately because I went through a bit of a life changing transition but it will come back when things settle down. I could keep going on but these symptoms are part of being alive. It's the human condition. Most people don't give these symptoms a second thought and they go away. If you keep thinking about them and try and cure them they get worse.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 19, 2010, 10:32:46 pm »
They appear to be all in range.

Don't things like cortisol change through out the day anyway? seems like if anyone looked hard enough and took enough tests you can find something wrong. I know, I've done it.

Just noticed anti TPO is high. What ever that is and who cares?

You know I get fatigue, feel cold sometimes, cramps, get swollen glands, dry eyes,  I even lost muscle mass lately because I went through a bit of a life changing transition but it will come back when things settle down. I could keep going on but these symptoms are part of being alive. It's the human condition. Most people don't give these symptoms a second thought and they go away. If you keep thinking about them and try and cure them they get worse.

I agree. I feel a big part of your problems might be mental Yuri.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 19, 2010, 11:35:33 pm »
I agree. I feel a big part of your problems might be mental Yuri.

I dunno about that. Can mental problems really stop your digestion? I know dairy does that to me, no matter what's in my mind. I know I can be the happiest person, but eating the wrong things or doing the wrong stuff throws me off balance.

My lab results were also always "in range." The good doctors told me the same thing: It's a mental problem. However, I found out that changes in diet and lifestyle can make me feel better or worse, which in turn helps me mentally, not the other way round.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2010, 01:27:25 am »
How do you interpret those values to get adrenal fatigue?
Most of them seem to be in range.

According to Dr. James L. Wilson:

The urinary cortisol, what I've found, is that you cannot use the lab’s normal reference ranges because they are much too broad. They are trying to pick up disease and this is not a disease per se this is an imbalance. And so they are much too broad. But if you take a 24 hour urinary cortisol test and instead of looking at the entire reference range if your scores are in the lower third of that lab’s reference range, because each lab has its own reference range, than you probably have some sort of adrenal dysfunction.

Now as for what they indicate. There has never been to me confirmation of exactly what urinary cortisol is measuring. There's been conjectures about whether it's spill-over or whether it's actual production of the adrenal glands, but it does seem to correspond generally, if the cortisol readings are in the lower third, it seems to correspond with the signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2010, 01:51:58 am »
He jests at scars that never felt a wound.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2010, 07:08:50 am »
He jests at scars that never felt a wound.

You don't know how sick I've been.

I dunno about that. Can mental problems really stop your digestion? I know dairy does that to me, no matter what's in my mind. I know I can be the happiest person, but eating the wrong things or doing the wrong stuff throws me off balance.

My lab results were also always "in range." The good doctors told me the same thing: It's a mental problem. However, I found out that changes in diet and lifestyle can make me feel better or worse, which in turn helps me mentally, not the other way round.

They are all linked you can't just change mentally you need to make lifestyle changes aswell. Stress/obsessing/anger/anxiety can stop digestion.

Albert Camus

Offline 00nightstorm

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 22, 2010, 04:07:03 am »
You show all the signs of hypothyroidism, as do I.  Your last T3 levels were borderline "out of range".  Your drop in T3 after 8 months of ZC has me wondering about all the talk of the effect no-carb has on the thyroid.  I got my T3 tested after 10 months of ZC and it was 2.3.  I don't know what to tell you, you show signs of adrenal insufficiency, as do I, and those cortisol tests are pretty much worthless.  Why don't you try supplementing with cortisol for a few weeks and see how you feel.  If you feel better then you will know what the problem is.  If there is no improvement then you can start to look in different directions.  I myself will be supplementing T3 coming up here in a few weeks to rule out any problems with my thyroid.  I don't know if the low levels I am seeing now are due to my ZC diet because I never got my T3 levels checked before I started it.  And what is low levels anyhow?  Maybe its everyone else (on the high-carb diet) that has high levels.  Who knows.

One more note; have you been tested for a vitamin D deficiency?  I can tell you that I saw a huge improvement in my health when I went ZC and then after several months I started going downhill again and I eventually found out I had developed a vitamin D deficiency and once I started supplementing with vitamin D I saw a drastic improvement again.  Actually, I can't stress how bad this simple deficiency was making me feel.

As far as any of this talk about it all being in your head... there is nothing more offensive then this, in my opinion. 

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 22, 2010, 04:38:48 am »
No one is saying it's all in his head. It was more implied that feeling sorry for your self and constantly complaining is downbreaking and detrimental.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 22, 2010, 06:00:09 am »
As you decrease fruit consumption you need to up the meat consumption. If you try to go zero carb, but replace your carbs with fat instead of meat then you will have less active energy. If you eat lots of meat in the evening and then rest, it will give you active energy for the next day, until you eat again. If you eat fruit throughout the day it will give you active energy. Either way you should have fat for a more sustained balanced energy(even if it's your PRIMARY energy source), but if you try to make fat your sole energy source you will be lethargic as it requires a lot of oxygen to utilise. Your main energy source yeah, but the more you want to have active energy, easy-to-use energy, the more you need to eat of either meat or fruit. ZC is fine, but in an evening meal you should consume lots of meat(lbs), and then rest to allow your body to process it properly, unless you are happy being lethargic. Otherwise you can just eat fruit through the day.

I get the mental aspect. Paleodonk is another who was trying to use fat as almost the sole source of energy, and who felt lethargic as a result. He continued to go through it though because as he said, he didn't 'love himself', so drove on with his present idea of what was dietary perfection, despite the poor way that he felt. In this case, using fat as the sole energy source.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:08:37 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 22, 2010, 06:15:27 am »
No one is saying it's all in his head. It was more implied that feeling sorry for your self and constantly complaining is downbreaking and detrimental.

No! the illness/pain/symptoms are real and are happening and I mean nothing about feeling sorry for yourself and complaining. The pain is sheer hell and the symptoms can ruin your life.

No one here seems to get what I'm talking about, it's a little frustrating. Anger/anxiety/unhappiness/stress/trauma reek havoc on the body and can lead to everything from hayfever to auto immune disorders and death. It can stuff up your cortisol levels/hormones/stop digestion/adrenal problems, this forum is obsessed with diet as a cure but it's not always the answer.

Everyone on here claims to have adrenal insufficency lately this is a red flag to me, it's in fashion like peptic ulcers were in the 80's and carpal tunnel was in the 90's. The sub concious is very suggestive.

Albert Camus

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2010, 07:18:56 am »
ZC is fine, but in an evening meal you should consume lots of meat(lbs), and then rest to allow your body to process it properly,

That's what I do.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2010, 07:24:38 am »
As you decrease fruit consumption you need to up the meat consumption. If you try to go zero carb, but replace your carbs with fat instead of meat then you will have less active energy. If you eat lots of meat in the evening and then rest, it will give you active energy for the next day, until you eat again. If you eat fruit throughout the day it will give you active energy. Either way you should have fat for a more sustained balanced energy(even if it's your PRIMARY energy source), but if you try to make fat your sole energy source you will be lethargic as it requires a lot of oxygen to utilise. Your main energy source yeah, but the more you want to have active energy, easy-to-use energy, the more you need to eat of either meat or fruit. ZC is fine, but in an evening meal you should consume lots of meat(lbs), and then rest to allow your body to process it properly, unless you are happy being lethargic. Otherwise you can just eat fruit through the day.
Miles; we're all different. When I up my meat too high a ratio versus my fat intake I have lower energy, low metabolism, tired eyes, etc. I need to eat a consistently high ratio of suet to lean (truly lean as my meat is ground old bulls so is at best 5% fat by volume) to feel right.
You can't make blanket statements like this about everyone as we are all so different. Just like TD would do horrible on a raw-carnivore diet I would wither on either an omnivorous or a lean meat diet. I know you have recently found a lower fat intake to be a panacea for yourself but temper the absolutes. ;)

I get the mental aspect. Paleodonk is another who was trying to use fat as almost the sole source of energy, and who felt lethargic as a result. He continued to go through it though because as he said, he didn't 'love himself', so drove on with his present idea of what was dietary perfection, despite the poor way that he felt. In this case, using fat as the sole energy source.
You have no idea what you're talking about here miles. Leave PD's diet alone and just be happy he's found his own way to make progress on himself even if it's not on a raw paleo diet. There are a number of things out there just as important as one's food. It might not be the road your or I would take but he has his own way to find and he's doing well. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2010, 10:16:10 am »
Yeah. If you eat lots of meat you feel tired. That's why you sleep and rest, whilst your body processes it. We're not 'that' different. One of the biggest differences is what we're doing in our day. I didn't say there was anything wrong with eating a large proportion of fat, I didn't even say there's anything wrong with trying to get your all your energy from fat. I just said that if you want '(more)active' energy, that must come from meat or fruit, and thus the more active energy you want, the more meat and/or fruit you must consume...

I haven't recently found this, it's been the same all along. I don't know what you mean by low fat, but a large proportion of my calories come from fat. Probably not far from 50% on average, in whichever direction. Sometimes it is much higher than that, sometimes probably significantly lower. It just happens that recently, many people are eating very little meat/fruit, and wondering why they have less of the 'active'/easily available energy, or at least mentioning it negatively. Why would people mention that they are feeling lethargic, if they do not wish for commentary? They also happen to mention what they are eating, and that is very little fruit or meat.

Yes I do know what I'm talking about in this instance, I didn't say that much. I only said what PD said himself.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:47:50 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:07 am »
You don't have to be tired.

I think key to having great energy on paleo is being absoloutely starving when you do eat your meat. That way it gets metabolized much faster and you don't get this drowsiness you often get when you eat when not totally hungry.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2010, 11:37:32 am »
I had a large plate of raw beef, lean, this evening and after enjoyed a very super nap.
I too think its normal to sleep after eating lots of meat.
The good thing is after I get up from the nap I have great energy.
I also for some reason like to eat meat in the evening or at night, I wonder if that will ever change...
My cats eat meat, and then what do they do right after, take a snooze. :)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2010, 01:26:20 pm »
Miles: yes, people write things here under the assumption that they will be available for commentary but you've more than once now inappropriately indicted by name and (mis)diagnosed other individuals as having problems associated with something you've entirely pulled out of your ass.

all this talk of energy and crap particularly in regards to yuri is totally off base. If you have health issues, you arn't going to have a tremendous amount of energy. This is using-your-brain 101 and eating this or that is not going to work miracles here on a day to day basis. More than likely there are issues like fungus and glandular issues which are impacted (or can be improved) by diet, macro-nutrient intake etc..so these are in fact worth discussing when presented in factual or empirical/experiential ways. I have to say I also agree with what wodgina and others pointed out, that how you use your remaining energy to positively troubleshoot your way to someplace higher, WITHOUT generating too much additional stress is key. I have to also acknowledge that most people would probably be blissfully following a SWD if they didn't have something wrong, so much of the obsession/research seems to be the norm and perhaps temporarily necessary at times.

The truth of the matter is that for many people from an energetic level things will likely get worse before it gets better, as any kind of known process of adaptation, detox, and healing consumes tremendous amounts of energy to transition and takes place over an extremely long period of time in comparison to what people desire. This is not made up. Prior to that any quick efforts or explanations really have no bearing whatsoever in terms of what real energy and health is. You have a choice to burn fat or glucose and whether to eat healthy biological or unhealthy food, after that the idea that you need any kind of routine in order to stave off fatigue sounds pretty ridiculous in comparison to everyday functioning people who put next to no energy into what they do and yet have plenty. Its of my opinion that this should probably warrant some serious self-examination, rather than being of any use to anyone else.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »
Anger/anxiety/unhappiness/stress/trauma reek havoc on the body and can lead to everything from hayfever to auto immune disorders and death. It can stuff up your cortisol levels/hormones/stop digestion/adrenal problems, this forum is obsessed with diet as a cure but it's not always the answer.

That's exactly right mate, a truer word was never spoken!

Everyone on here claims to have adrenal insufficency lately this is a red flag to me, it's in fashion like peptic ulcers were in the 80's and carpal tunnel was in the 90's. The sub concious is very suggestive.

Yeah, adrenal fatigue is pretty much in vogue these days.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2010, 04:01:30 pm »
How about your purpose in life?
What gets you excited?
What keeps you going?

For example, I have to be healthy and make money for my children.  Of course any healthy male might think... energy for more girls!

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 22, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »
How about your purpose in life?

It is obvious, everything is nothing without health... All I wish is to be able to walk, sleep and eat again...

What gets you excited?
What keeps you going?

females

For example, I have to be healthy and make money for my children.  Of course any healthy male might think... energy for more girls!

precisely

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:00 pm »
you can and will

Albert Camus

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 16, 2010, 01:15:31 am »
Yuri how is your typical day goes?
Wake up hours daily activities meal times meal examples sleep hours etc just interested.
and try positive thinking! it always helps!! :)

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 26, 2014, 11:28:03 am »
Dang, so did he ever recover? I was reading up to page 14 and was hoping to see a happy ending giving he registered 6 years ago but he never followed up.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #472 on: February 26, 2014, 04:30:17 pm »
Dang, so did he ever recover? I was reading up to page 14 and was hoping to see a happy ending giving he registered 6 years ago but he never followed up.
Err, Yuri was orthorexic and a hypochondriac. He would always try something different and claim all sorts of benefits, soon followed by arbitrary, rather unlikely health problems.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:38 pm »
Yuri was orthorexic and a hypochondriac.

Not true.  He has a bunch of hormonal imbalances including adrenal and thyroid and most likely some digestion issues.  He is somewhat better today but meat still gives him adverse effect.  He feels the best on milk, coconut butter, carrots and some fruits.  Speaking of Yuri, he's just been in the middle of Ukrainian uprising since he is working for the opposition lawmaker.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 27, 2014, 12:41:34 am »
Err, Yuri was orthorexic and a hypochondriac. He would always try something different and claim all sorts of benefits, soon followed by arbitrary, rather unlikely health problems.

Seems to me like he did have severe health problems, I myself was told many time that it was all in my head and likely just caused by stress, despite having headache everyday losing 35pounds and having barely enough energy to climb the stair with breathing difficulty and digestive issues. Now I'm on Raw Paleo will see how that work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk