Author Topic: Importing Dr. Ron's -> UK  (Read 6688 times)

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Importing Dr. Ron's -> UK
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:58 am »
Hey all,

I've just placed an order with Dr. Ron's for Organ Delight and Thyroid+Liver, although they mentioned that Organ Delight might be tricky to get through UK customs - has anyone here imported Organ Delight into the UK (and with any trepidation)?

Also, did anyone do the adrenals test with shining bright light into the eye and checking if the pupil can stay small? My pupils have always been very large since I can remember and they seem to struggle to stay small when shining bright light into them, which some say is indicative of adrenal dysfunction.

I'm pretty inactive around here at the moment due to a busy livelihood and supplementing my RAF and fruit with cooked vegetables (so my mindset is a little off exclusively raw). It would be nice if I could spend more time on here, but it's just not doable at the moment.

Cheers,

Scotty
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Importing Dr. Ron's -> UK
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:51:28 am »
Yes, dr ron's said they were still prepared to send to the UK but due to unpleasant past experiences, they could not guarantee compensation if the UK customs people destroyed the parcel.

When I used to order raw glands from Dr Ron's, they came through without incident. However, UK tax is so prohibitive, and dr ron's supplements so expensive, as to not make it worth it for me.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:24:47 am »
Nice one. So don't you utilise raw glands now?
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:27:35 am »
Nice one. So don't you utilise raw glands now?
Can't get them in the UK, at least not grassfed, anyway. Only dr ron's was available.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 08:05:35 am »
Why can't you get them?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:21 pm »
Why can't you get them?
Farms don't sell genuine raw glands and pretend it's forbidden by law because they can't be bothered. I can get synthetic adrenal extracts from grainfed cattle but those are no good. Dr Ron's is already processed enough(freeze-dried) so and hideously expensive, and I don't need such supplements, IMO, anyway.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »
Synthetic Adrenal Glands? o_O Never heard of them. What (real) glands is it worth trying to get/asking for?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 03:46:50 am »
Synthetic Adrenal Glands? o_O Never heard of them. What (real) glands is it worth trying to get/asking for?
If you are very lucky you can get sweetbreads(thymus and pancreas) but virtually all farmers don't bother selling raw glands.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 04:21:24 am »
Ah, miles makes himself known!  :)  Nice new pic miles.  I always thought that other pic was of you in some martial art competition?!  :)

I have the same trouble sourcing glands.  In fact, I've found it completely and utterly impossible!  I find it difficult enough finding a reliable source of the most basic of organs (liver, kidney, heart) let along glands!!  I really cannot imagine the gland supplements are of much value despite their incredible cost.

Interesting new signature quote Tyler!  That Genghis Khan was such a pleasant chap wasn't he?!  :)  I hope you're not planning on adhering to his path to true happiness?!
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:33:48 am »
Nah that pic was of this guy(Toshihiko Koga):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6i3WaVNpGM

I fight in the same style.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 05:21:10 am »
Yes, that's the guy! :)  I feel worn out just watching him in the video!  :)

Do you practice Judo then miles?  It seems there's quite a fight club here on the forum!  I'm more of a lover than a fighter myself. :)  I boxed briefly as a teenager but always felt I should apologise when bashing someone in the face during sparring sessions.  I'm more in tune with Aikido as a self-defense system now as it's totally non-aggressive and has a central theme of first doing no harm to your opponent.  I guess it's important to find a system that works for each of us as individuals.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 08:23:55 pm »

Interesting new signature quote Tyler!  That Genghis Khan was such a pleasant chap wasn't he?!  :)  I hope you're not planning on adhering to his path to true happiness?!
I make a point of using two types of quotations:- 1 type involves advising people to gain better wisdom/do the moral thing, the other type acknowledges that the world is a tough environment so involves more cynical quotations.As regards my current quotation,  it is appropriate as I'm sure every man has at some stage in his life had the urge to go around ransacking everything, in a moment of frustration at the constraints placed on us by  this modern, overly restrictive society. And I do have Viking blood in my veins, after all!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:33:22 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:09 pm »
You might want to have a look at 'allergy research' glandular products, TG100 etc.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 12:56:05 am »
As regards my current quotation,  it is appropriate as I'm sure every man has at some stage in his life had the urge to go around ransacking everything, in a moment of frustration at the constraints placed on us by  this modern, overly restrictive society. And I do have Viking blood in my veins, after all!  ;)

I'm not sure I've ever experienced the urge to ransack.  Judging by the general leanings towards aggression, violence and hunting, on this forum along, I guess I'M the anomaly!  Or, maybe that Viking blood is more influential than one might expect!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk