Author Topic: What is it about raw paleo/cooked paleo foods that stop social anxiety disorder?  (Read 8364 times)

Offline butters

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
In your opinion.

Offline kanotim

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo diets can stop S.A.D for some maybe because paleo diets are calming, reducing anxiety due to reduced insulin response from elimination of foods that elicit high insulin responses such as grains. Increased consumption of fats helps too by decreasing insulin response to carbs and proteins. But in my experience, I've eaten paleo/nearly paleo for a few years but I'm somewhat deficient in social skills in real life in part due to anxiety. My problems likely stem from psychological issues and past negative experiences as do some others with S.A.D. so  the effectiveness of a paleo diet on S.A.D. probably depends on how much diet and psychological issues contribute to the S.A.D.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Well, psychological issues also feature in S.A.D. But raw foods in general have a calming, anti-anxiety effect(especially high-meat) due to the presence of bacteria affecting the immune-system etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Well possibly minerals. But you're presupposing that it does stop social anxiety disorder. You know my opinion on that, it could be one piece of the puzzle.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Tiny piece of the puzzle. It's more of one of those conditions where your brain distracts you from what you don't want to face...I believe. It's extremely hard to treat. I recommend staying busy, eat relatively health, stop trying to cure it.

I think 50% of what people complain about on here is a distraction and nothing to do with diet. Even the RPD diet is a distraction/obsession.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile

I think 50% of what people complain about on here is a distraction and nothing to do with diet. Even the RPD diet is a distraction/obsession.
i agree 2000% on that one. Rawpaleo is my drug of choice. no joke
The price is wrong Bob

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
What is social anxiety disorder?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
It's persistent anxiety that stems from social situations and interactions.

I think RPD does lessen Social Anxiety Disorder. On a mental level, it puts you more in touch with the Earth, feeding off other living animals, and becoming more in harmony with the Earth naturally from eating RPD.

Physically, I think meat has a calming effect, and some neurotransmitter effects( ie makes you feel good). It's also less blood sugar spiking because there's less sugar/starch in meat than common starches or fruits.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I have been shy and socially reclusive throughout my life and I have found that the raw paleo diet has helped my confidence as well as my initiative to embrace a social life It took me a few months of trolling around the forrum before I felt a calling to be involved . I started going to a Unitarian Church and participate in a Buddhist sanga and take my kids to religious exploration, These are things I never would have done before going paleo. I wanted to but I was to ill and depressed. This whole paleo thing has also become a hobby in itself, trying to keep up on the cutting edge of modern paleo living while fine tunning my personal diet, has given my live an extra felling of significance. Its a healthy obsession.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I started going to a Unitarian Church and participate in a Buddhist sanga and take my kids to religious exploration, These are things I never would have done before going paleo. I wanted to but I was to ill and depressed. This whole paleo thing has also become a hobby in itself, trying to keep up on the cutting edge of modern paleo living while fine tunning my personal diet, has given my live an extra felling of significance. Its a healthy obsession.

wow, theres another random similarity. I started in nursery school at UU and went mostly to my late teens. I find the people there to be wonderful and really shaped my worldview positively. Great environment for general unpretentious goodness. I've hopped around too much and have grown more distant...but I've gone a few times this year.

---

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/a-question-who-have-gone-into-raw-paleo-with-social-anxiety-disorder/

Generalized anxiety is usually split between typical psych (childhood or similar issues) and physical factors that can be improved with diet and lifestyle changes. Nervousness over day to day work issues or self esteem problems is completely different and not a medical condition per se, although those also might be improved with diet and lifestyle to increase overall health. Chemicals or glandular health and so forth are probably in play with both

odds are if the raw paleo diet will increase your sense of well being and confidence, with a little effort in improving social skills it should go a long way. The backfiring could be in that rawpaleo can be a fairly antisocial and self-involved practice. Don't let it be.

I had terrible social anxiety in my early 20's. this coincided with illness but I think alot it is also just age and awkwardness. focus on seizing all the advantages you can in feeling like you have the upper hand in social situations, and practice like its some kind of thing you have to do.

I would start by joining some kind of activity that you are forced to attend regularly, its not the kind of thing that will be resolved by one factor or half-ass efforts.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
I was anxious for most of my life, had friends but was not very quick to make new ones. Now I am much more confident but have little to no interest in the general population.
LOL ain't that a bi7ch?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I was anxious for most of my life, had friends but was not very quick to make new ones. Now I am much more confident but have little to no interest in the general population.
LOL ain't that a bi7ch?

heh, nothing wrong with a little Frances of Assisi action. The issue is more if one is forced to spend time alone/inside etc... by some kind of fear or crap feeling. You'd be surprised how judgments of society fade as well tho with age. When you feel out of step in regards to basic things like health or policy, everyone seems to just suck, but when you have interests outside of those things like...i dunno basketball, or guitar, or yoga, suddenly people seem to be pretty incredible again - particularly with their diet handicap!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk