Author Topic: Raw vs. Cooked  (Read 6011 times)

Offline LightzNY

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw vs. Cooked
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:30:07 am »
Is there a significant difference between a Raw Paleo and a Cooked Paleo? Do Cooked Paleo's age faster, suffer more from toxins, etc? How harmful can cooking be in the longterm? I've been wondering if I should be 98% Raw Paleo(social gatherings would most likely be a problem to be 100%) or should I try to balance out Raw and Cooked Paleo foods. What are your thoughts?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw vs. Cooked
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:47 am »
Is there a significant difference between a Raw Paleo and a Cooked Paleo?

Tons o difference.

Do Cooked Paleo's age faster, suffer more from toxins, etc?

Yes they do.  I tried cooked meat paleo for a month myself.
No raw meat bacteria means harder digestion, longer digestion, uses up your enzymes to digest instead of letting the bacteria digest for you.

How harmful can cooking be in the longterm?

Depends from person to person.  

I've been wondering if I should be 98% Raw Paleo(social gatherings would most likely be a problem to be 100%) or should I try to balance out Raw and Cooked Paleo foods. What are your thoughts?

98% Raw Paleo sounds good.

It is all up to you how much health rewards you wish to receive.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LightzNY

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:07:08 am »
How come there arent many raw paleos compared to cooked ones? Do they not know the potential raw meats have?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:58:40 am »
Unfortunately the misinformation of the so called dangers of raw meat are pretty instilled into almost everyone even the cooked paleos. Not to mention in my opinion its more difficult to be a raw paleo socially.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:10:51 am »
How come there arent many raw paleos compared to cooked ones? Do they not know the potential raw meats have?

They have not read enough of raw meat information.

The paradigms of health, healing, mind set, raw fat, bacteria are all complete opposite from what most people know.

I came to raw meat eating learning first from raw vegan and raw fruitarian teachings.

If vegs and fruits can be that good raw and are meant to be eaten raw... then what about animals?  Raw meat? Raw animals?

Ding! Aha! Animals are supposed to be eaten RAW as well, with organs too, whole for small animals, and sometimes having more bacteria with high meat, meat maturation is beneficial too.

Then people have to hurdle the obvious difference between RAW FAT and cooked fat.

There's the yuck factor too.  But the yuck factor goes away with education.  Then experience.

Experiencing this much health and you don't want to go back to inferior cooked food.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline LightzNY

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 09:28:18 am »
They have not read enough of raw meat information.

The paradigms of health, healing, mind set, raw fat, bacteria are all complete opposite from what most people know.

I came to raw meat eating learning first from raw vegan and raw fruitarian teachings.

If vegs and fruits can be that good raw and are meant to be eaten raw... then what about animals?  Raw meat? Raw animals?

Ding! Aha! Animals are supposed to be eaten RAW as well, with organs too, whole for small animals, and sometimes having more bacteria with high meat, meat maturation is beneficial too.

Then people have to hurdle the obvious difference between RAW FAT and cooked fat.

There's the yuck factor too.  But the yuck factor goes away with education.  Then experience.

Experiencing this much health and you don't want to go back to inferior cooked food.

How long have you been eating a raw paleo diet, and how old are you? I've already read on the forum that you did Raw Vegan and Fruitarian for 2 months.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 10:04:50 am »
Fruitarian and Raw Vegan gave me malnutrition.

Turning 41 this September 20.  
Don't forget to greet me!
Started raw paleo diet January 1st 2008.

There are many more here who have been on RPD for far longer.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 05:58:39 pm »
Heat-created toxins such as AGEs(advanced glycation end products) have been directly linked to age-related conditions, plus anecdotal evidence from RVAF diet gatherings appears to indicate that RVAFers in middle ages and older look c.10 years younger than SAD-eaters their own actual age.

Cooked palaeo would mean fewer side-effects given no dairy, grains, legumes or highly processed foods, but it's useless for serious health-problems, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LightzNY

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »
So raw is definitely the way to go if you want to look aprox. 10 years younger then your actual age.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:13 pm »

I would rather say that it makes you look approximately 15% younger than your age, because a 10 years old raw paleo kid doesn’t look like a newborn…  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 07:58:04 pm »
So raw is definitely the way to go if you want to look aprox. 10 years younger then your actual age.

If you are a model, an actress, product endorser, or someone who depends on looks or beauty secret, then raw paleo diet is for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk