Author Topic: Vegetarian Folly: Meatless Mondays in San Francisco?  (Read 3319 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Vegetarian Folly: Meatless Mondays in San Francisco?
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:46:53 pm »
SF supervisors approve meat-free Mondays

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a meatless Monday resolution on Tuesday, sponsored by Supervisor Sophie Maxwell. The measure declares every Monday as "Vegetarian Day" and urges restaurants, grocery stores and schools to offer more plant-based options.

Maxwell is a vegetarian and she believes if residents gave up meat once a week, it would improve their health. Her resolution would not require meatless Mondays, but would encourage them.

It's part of an international campaign. Last year the city of Ghent, Belgium became the first with "official" weekly veggie days.

ABC7 talked with Carter Nguyen, behind the counter at Prather Ranch in the Ferry Building. Prather is known for high quality, certified organic beef. Carter dismissed the notion of a meat-free day, telling us he eats meat every day.

"Vegetarians aren't necessarily healthy themselves. They consume a lot of tofu, soy and corn based food products that make fake meat. That doesn't make sense to me," he said.

The Loving Hut is a vegan restaurant in Chinatown which proudly displays a "Meatless Monday" banner featuring Paul McCartney.

The former Beatle is among celebrity supporters of the concept. Yvonne Chow says going without meat helps reduce your carbon footprint, is healthy for you and humane for animals. She says "It makes you more loving".

San Francisco is the first American city to embrace meatless Monday.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=7370993
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Vegetarian Folly: Meatless Mondays in San Francisco?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 01:39:05 am »
The meatless mondays are  simply an unscrupous stealth tactic by animal-rightists like PETA to convince people to avoid buying animal products. They claim all sorts of rubbish re global warming as well, since so few people care about their health, nowadays. Of course, school boards and local government love the idea as plant-foods are generally cheaper than animal-foods, so their budgets improve.

Still, not eating cooked meats one day a week means a lower intake of heat-created toxins so it does help some, if not much.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Vegetarian Folly: Meatless Mondays in San Francisco?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:06:47 pm »
that's again, part of going green and staying healthy slogan. maxwell looks ill in this video. this society is sooo unbelievably unhealthy!!
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk