Author Topic: Blood in Stools  (Read 6873 times)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Blood in Stools
« on: December 09, 2011, 10:14:51 am »
What are some of the causes and meanings of blood appearing in the stool?

Since I began the Milk Diet I've noticed that blood appears in my stools more frequently than before. The blood doesn't seem related to any pain and I generally feel that it may be good, as if I'm removing something harmful. Could this be a negative manifestation, such as malnutrition?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Blood in Stools
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:06 am »
I would always view bloody stools as something that needs immediate action.

Is the blood dark, almost black?

Or bright red drops?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:57 am »

i would think that means there is inflammation somewhere in the GI.  if the blood is bright red it, the site of inflammation is lower in the colon. if dark, then higher up.

i do not believe this is a good thing at all.  and, yes, i believe it's entirely related to diet. eat foods that do not cause you inflammation.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:01:29 pm »
Small spots of bright-red blood is usually not a big problem, it's usually just an anal fissure.  I have had it on and off for close to 20 years.  It's just an anal fissure.  Darker blood is a serious problem, and needs addressing.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:30:31 pm »
Blood in stools can be a very minor matter as cherimoya pointed out. In my own case, I had coal-black stools all the time in pre-rpd days. The blood in stools issue stopped after I went rawpalaeo but has occasionally returned but only after I've eaten some cooked foods(with red blood appearing not blackened stools), no doubt due to the inflammation caused thereby.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Busgrw

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 02:21:10 am »

Since I began the Milk Diet I've noticed that blood appears in my stools more frequently than before. The blood doesn't seem related to any pain and I generally feel that it may be good, as if I'm removing something harmful. Could this be a negative manifestation, such as malnutrition?
Dont know what the causes are but same thing happened to me when I went on the raw milk diet about 6 weeks ago. After a number of weeks I noticed regular blood in my stools. Didn't worry me too much but have since stopped the milk diet (it was an experiment) and the blood stopped too.

B

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 03:36:46 am »
The blood is bright red.

The fact that I don't feel a great amount of discomfort and rather generally feel a sense of relief also caused me to be largely unconcerned from when I first noticed the blood. I'm glad to hear that others have had experiences almost identical to mine (such as Busgrw).

I once was diagnosed with a hemorrhoid (before introducing raw meat into my diet) and thought this may be related but I have no knowledge of the relationship of these two issues. Is this a possibility?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:28 am »
Hemorrhoids are the most common reason for having some bright red blood at toilet time. If you wipe with white toilet tissue after you are basically clean - is there a little blood on it? That would point more towards hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids can form from sitting too much, constipation or generally the wrong diet for you - according to my understanding.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:39:00 am »
When I was diagnosed with hemmorhoids I was constipated. This could be a moment of healing as now I pass food much more regularly and easily.

Usually when I wipe there may be a bit of blood, but that hasn't occurred for quite some time. Lately it just appears in my stool. I'll continue to check my stools regularly to see if the blood passes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk