Author Topic: Face exercises?  (Read 6343 times)

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Face exercises?
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:53 am »
Do you think these actually work at firming up the face making it appear to be more athletic looking
Jack Lalanne - Face Workout 1 of 30

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Face exercises?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »
When I first began this diet I would athletically chew on connective tissue like gum until my jaw would cramp. Within a few week I had noticeable stronger looking facial features.

I still chew a little tough tissue from time to time and I believe it keeps my facial muscles in shape as well as cleans my teeth and gums.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:25:07 pm »
When I first began this diet I would athletically chew on connective tissue like gum until my jaw would cramp. Within a few week I had noticeable stronger looking facial features.

I still chew a little tough tissue from time to time and I believe it keeps my facial muscles in shape as well as cleans my teeth and gums.

I do this, too, and my face has toned up quite a bit. Plus it seems to have overall strengthened the tone and improved the color of my gums. I've always had good teeth and gums. This just makes them even better.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:49:30 pm »
This reminds me of my old dog chewing on rawhide.  I think its pretty natural to do.  I mean think about vegetarian animals.  They get their teeth cleanings from tons of roughage, greens, etc.  I would bet most animals in the wild chew on bones for this same reason, perhaps unconsciously.

Offline makin8

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:43 am »
Wow this is something I have never heard of, but it absolutely makes sense that working out your face muscles can help better firm up your face! The teeth and gums benefits are also great!

I just did a brief look around online and it looks like there are different types of yoga for your face for lifting cheekbones etc, which could be good for ladies who don't necessarily want a "strong" looking face.  Very cool!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 07:35:23 am »
Good 'ol Jack - so many years before his time!

I have a video in storage with face exercises I used to do. I miss that video!
Jack's exercises will fill the gap until I get that video back.

Can you post some of those links you found please makin?

Btw, when he says to put the fingers on the corner of the eyes you are stimulating gall bladder 1 point in TCM which eases sore eyes and improves eyesight and along the brows there are points too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk