Author Topic: Questions on digestion  (Read 7116 times)

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Questions on digestion
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:23:44 pm »
Does anyone take HCL supps or Apple cider vinegar and notice improvements in digestion?

Is there anything else that can improve digestion of fat and meat?

I've noticed that organs digest easier than muscle meat and my stomach feels less heavy, why would that be? Is that the case for everyone?

Feel free to add anything relevant to digestion. I believe my candida-related problems come from hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid).

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Questions on digestion
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:43:56 pm »
I find bile improvement helps digest meat.

Colon cleanse, Liver flushing.  Depends if you need to do this.

Eating apples will cleanse the liver, eating raw eggs will cleanse the liver, bieler's soup remedy will nourish the liver (not raw, but it will help kick start the liver for those with depleted sodium)

Eat mono meals.  One kind of food at a time.

What can help with digestion is you choose to eat food that is easiest to digest.  For example beef, buy the most tender cut.  If you don't have the most tender cut, you can do beef scraping.  Scrape with a spoon.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:43:46 am »
I eat entirely ground beef, raw, with raw egg yolks, ghee and/ or lard. Very easy to digest and gives me lots of energy.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:59:13 am »
I eat entirely ground beef, raw, with raw egg yolks, ghee and/ or lard. Very easy to digest and gives me lots of energy.

is there a reason you stick to ground/beef/no organs or other fats? or is its an 'ain't broke don't fix it thing'?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:41:37 am »
Why do you only eat egg yolks? Aviden the anti nutrient that binds with biotin won't cause you to have a biotin defficiency unless you dont eat the egg whole because egg yolk contains aviden
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 04:29:09 pm »
Why do you only eat egg yolks? Aviden the anti nutrient that binds with biotin won't cause you to have a biotin defficiency unless you dont eat the egg whole because egg yolk contains aviden
Because egg whites have got antinutrients, enzyme inhibitors and are overall foul.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 10:46:43 am »
Egg whites are a waste. The nutrients are in the yolks, and I don't need lean protein.

Nation, I like a very limited variety because it helps me obsess about "purity" of food and ingredients less (I have a bit of orthorexia). Also, I feel great this way.

I have been thinking of adding chicken livers a few times a week, but otherwise my meat is high quality and the fat sources are pastured from a nearby farm.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 03:27:13 am »
Egg whites are a waste. The nutrients are in the yolks, and I don't need lean protein.

Nation, I like a very limited variety because it helps me obsess about "purity" of food and ingredients less (I have a bit of orthorexia). Also, I feel great this way.

I have been thinking of adding chicken livers a few times a week, but otherwise my meat is high quality and the fat sources are pastured from a nearby farm.

Great body !  ;)

Do I remember it correctly that you were eating supermarket ground beef before ? I didn't know about orthorexia so I googled it. This describes me how I was at summer " this focus may turn into a fixation so extreme that it can lead to severe malnutrition ". I was scared to eat unhealthy food, what a paranoia! I don't know how exactly I came over of this disorder but it had to do something with adding potassium into my diet, decreasing salt and starting to drink kefir. (when I don't drink kefir I get depressive and paranoia could return.)

Offline smithgerry

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 08:26:37 pm »
Studies says that vinegar can lower the post-meal rise in glucose. The acetic acid in vinegar is thought to slow starch digestion and reduce the glycemic index of starchy foods.A small study compared the effect of vinegar with white bread on blood glucose and insulin levels. Researchers found that those who took vinegar with white bread had lower post-meal blood glucose and insulin levels and it also appeared to increase satiety ratings.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »
Studies says that vinegar can lower the post-meal rise in glucose. The acetic acid in vinegar is thought to slow starch digestion and reduce the glycemic index of starchy foods.A small study compared the effect of vinegar with white bread on blood glucose and insulin levels. Researchers found that those who took vinegar with white bread had lower post-meal blood glucose and insulin levels and it also appeared to increase satiety ratings.

You are slipping SmithGerry boy.
vinegar + white bread ?
You are no raw paleo dieter.
Just a marketer trying to slip links.

What is it about Raw Paleo Forum, are we in the top of your list of spam link worthy forums?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk