Author Topic: Can one lose on excess calories while doing zero carb?  (Read 14770 times)

Satya

Re: Can one lose on excess calories while doing zero carb?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:04 pm »
Interesting on the dairy, Dean.  Are you eating any raw foods per chance?

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:00 am »
Looks like you're doing great Dean.  Your short term results are in line with others who have followed the same path.  It will be interesting to see if your results remain consistent over the long term - say 4 to 5 years.  I believe that most who have hung in that long have found constant evolution of both body composition and their taste for food.  The popular view is that adaption to a zero-carb lifestyle happens over a few weeks or months at most.  In my experience it takes several years for overall body composition to fully stabilize.

Keep it up,

Lex

Offline Dean

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • The Magic Bus Trip
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 11:51:43 am »
Thanks Kyle and Lex.

Satya, I do some raw meat and eggs at times, but, generally cook my meat very rare. I am just eating meat & eggs, herbs & spices, and a little butter, with only water to drink. This seems to be working out best for me at this time. I'm glad to have gotten rid of all the rest, so far.
When you're ready to take the red pill.
http://magicbus.myfreeforum.org/about1371.html

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 01:51:55 am »
I like that magicbus forum. I have to steer clear of the recipes though because it gets me thinking, then I waste time and energy with that. I've found I should stick to simple meals almost all the time because complex recipes just take up time and money and end up making me feel less good afterwards than my simple meals do.

Offline Dean

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • The Magic Bus Trip
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 02:11:21 pm »
Ditto on that one Kyle.

I try to find a balance between simple foods and things that taste good. Anything that ends up consuming too much time (like making pemmican, for instance) I usually ditch. I like to just find the right dry seasoning combo to throw on certain cuts of meat, and throw these in the oven or on the grill and then eat them. I also only eat once or twice a day, which keeps it even more simple. I love not having to eat while I'm around lots of crap food, which is very typical in this society.
When you're ready to take the red pill.
http://magicbus.myfreeforum.org/about1371.html

Satya

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 08:49:04 pm »
Hi Dean, how's it going?  Still experimenting?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk