Author Topic: Raw fat diet  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Raw fat diet
« on: March 02, 2010, 01:32:19 pm »
Anyone tried it? If so how was it and if not then why not? By raw fat diet I mean eating nothing else but scraps of high quality fat. And by high quality I mean preferably fat from grass fed large animals, and excluding chicken, pig, or fish fat.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw fat diet
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:15 pm »
Doesn't sound like a good idea. How long would somebody be on this type of diet for???
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 02:12:04 pm »
Why not? It's better than SAD on which some people can live it up to an old age.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:13:51 pm »
Because you can't live strictly on 100% fat its physically impossible. I found a website that suggests that you use almost nothing but raw fat for detox but thats purely temporary.
http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/human-raw-meat-diet.htm
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:37:01 pm »
The ketogenic diet for epileptic children is 90% fat, is it not? I'm pretty sure there are people who live on that diet for life. 90% definitely works.

A fruitarian diet is ~5% protein, so a diet of 5% protein / 95% fat should work for at least a couple years/decades but probably not for 80+ years.

I really wonder what would happen to your body if you ate a 100% fat diet.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:49 pm »
The cooked ketogenic diet is full of nasty side-effects. To be avoided even more than SAD diets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 07:26:11 pm »
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:26 pm »
http://esciencenews.com/articles/2010/02/16/high.fat.ketogenic.diet.control.seizures.safe.over.long.term
  It seems to be solely a quick-fix for epileptics. In other words only epileptics genuinely benefit from it, and then only in terms of relieving their godawful epileptic symptoms. Even then, they are encouraged to avoid it in the long-term by most responsible scientists/doctors. Everyone else should stay clear.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 08:42:56 pm »
Eating only raw fat for any length of time seems like a horrendous idea. Perhaps, theres some kind of detox out there, I don't know but it is absurd. 

I don't think our protein requirements are very high though, especially for non-athletes. Those 80-10-10 vegans eat only 50g of protein a day (based on a 2000 calories a day) and stay functional for decades. With that in mind it might be fine to experiment with a 90-10 diet (90% fat, 10% protein) for a bit if you are sedentary and let us know how it goes. I will be doing something like this in the future. I keep seeing all this stuff saying you need 1g of protein per pound of body weight to grow muscle and I want to test this.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:26:12 pm »
The meat does not just contain protein... It contains other chemicals, some of which are essential for the processing of fat by your body...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 07:51:58 am »
. Those 80-10-10 vegans eat only 50g of protein a day (based on a 2000 calories a day) and stay functional for decades.

I want to test this.

You don't need to test it, you only need to look at the bodies of long term 811 vegans: Durianrider, Loren Lockman, Doug Graham. The 1st two have extremely low body fat and small muscles, Graham has a decent physique (eventho he looks sick) There's also Anne the fruitarian  http://www.youtube.com/user/fruitbatanne#p/a/u/0/zltPYnfAdbg  look at her arms, no muscles.

Durianrider, Loren and Anne are actually closer to 95/5/5 than 811 since they don't eat nuts. Graham eats small amount of nuts so he's closer to 10% protein and he has the best physique of the 3. From these examples, maybe we can conclude that 5% isn't enough to retain a decent physique and 10% is.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 09:44:16 am »
maybe we can conclude that 5% isn't enough to retain a decent physique and 10% is.

I think thats quite a stretch to conclude that 10% protein is all that is required to have a muscled physique based on one persons fitness. (whos actual practice is dubious)

Plus I think 10% is the listed maximum and not being reached by Graham or others. Its pretty much impossible to approach 10% protein through nuts without going over the 10% fat, unless the proteins are from mass amounts of vegetation, like juices which are not condoned on their diet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk