Author Topic: solid foundation  (Read 20980 times)

Satya

Re: solid foundation
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 08:31:28 am »

Maybe who knows.  I look to nature for my dietary answers not science. 

Yes you did state that you look to nature.  So if you want nature's diet, then hunt, fish and gather it.  The store or online shipping is definitely not natural.  Otherwise, you are perhaps interested in playing word games.  Try logic, it works better.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:31:11 am by Satya »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 08:36:43 am »
20 acres in the Phillipines is only $80k American? I'm looking at plantations in Brazil, 30 and 70 acres, which are about $80k and $170k I think. I preferably want land that can be pastured with animals, will grown some plant foods and also on the water (ocean preferably) to fish.

rawrock2

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2008, 09:01:01 am »
Yes you did state that you look to nature.  So if you want nature's diet, then hunt, fish and gather it.  The store or online shipping is definitely not natural.  Otherwise, you are interested in playing word games.  Try logic, it works better.

Yes, I said "I look to nature".  That does NOT mean 'strictly natural'.  The way you interpret that is up to you.  I clearly stated what the point is so no word playing games here.  How dare you make an assumption about my intention here, you don't know me!!  >:( (let's not make this personal...)

Satya

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 09:10:32 am »
I continue to delve into this because my dietary foundation is rooted in being natural.  That is why I follow the raw paleo diet.  I don't listen to science or this or that. 

Here, you said it again.  There is nothing personal in my remarks.  You are simply angry because I am a thinker and I caught your inconsistencies and pointed them out to you.

Think and wonder, wonder and think.  How much water can 55 elephants drink?  And you don't have to stop.  You can think about schlop!  Schlop, schlop, beautiful schlop.  Beautiful schlop with a cherry on top!

rawrock2

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 09:22:28 am »
Otherwise, you are interested in playing word games.  Try logic, it works better.
You said 'you are interested in playing word games'  That equals me, rawrock2 no-one else, does it not?  Did you catch that? 

I take issue with what you said because throughout this discussion no-one has made any accusations as to the intentions of anyone else.  That is until your remark above.  You don't know what I'm interested in doing and you try logic.  Why are you advising me to try it?! 
So if you want nature's diet, then hunt, fish and gather it.  The store or online shipping is definitely not natural.
Anyway, you are deviating from what we are addressing in the first place.  It seems you are attempting to take it to a personal level by attacking my personal method of carrying out my diet.  That also has not been an issue yet and it should stay that way.  Stay on the topic, none of this attacking my diet.  That's what I mean when I say let's not make this personal.  What I do personally is none of your business and vice versa.  Is fasting natural or not.  That's the topic if you were wondering.  It is not whether fasting is healthy, makes you live longer, or anything else.
I continue to delve into this because my dietary foundation is rooted in being natural.  That is why I follow the raw paleo diet.  I don't listen to science or this or that.
Where does it say 'strictly natural' in there?  Maybe it's just me but it doesn't, does it?!
20 acres in the Philippines is only $80k American?
Somewhere around there.  You should definitely look in the Philippines.  Great place!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:29:27 am by rawrock2 »

Satya

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2008, 09:34:38 am »
You said 'you are interested in playing word games'  That equals me, rawrock2 no-one else, does it not?  Did you catch that? 

I take issue with what you said because throughout this discussion no-one has made any accusations as to the intentions of anyone else.  That is until your remark above.  You don't know what I'm interested in doing and you try logic.  Why are you advising me to try it?!  Anyway, you are deviating from what we are addressing in the first place.  It seems you are attempting to take it to a personal level by attacking my personal method of carrying out my diet. 

Then I apologize if my words have singled you out.  I should have modified the sentence with "perhaps" or "it seems", and the lack of such a modifier is a mistake on my part.

But it seems to me that in this thread you are very interested in nit picking over fasting by choice and fasting by force.  I have read all the particulars.  I see that you wish to follow nature.  That is great and very encouraging to me personally.  (We must be somewhat personal to state beliefs on forums such as this, musn't we?).  I simply am showing that our diet can never match that of our paleo ancestors, and that methods to replicate it, while perhaps not instinctually "natural," may in fact be the best choice for us as a species.

And for now, as a courtesy to you, I will refrain from posting in this thread again, at least for a time.  Adieu.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:34:42 pm by Craig »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2008, 04:53:48 pm »
If that is irrelevant, then why bring up junk-food in the first place which is obviously bad for you. That is not a point you're making.  That's your opinion.  We all know that too much of anything is bad for you.  Where have you proven that people are overeating just because they have an abundance of food? 
What premises would that be?

This discussion is going nowhere. It's a simple fact that the vast majority of Americans ARE overeating given the abundance of food. Not merely an opinion. And, as regards fasting, there are so many scientific studies proving the benefits re prolonged lifespan etc. for caloric restriction and Intermittent Fasting, that I really don't see the point in arguing about definitions of what fasting is or isn't.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 05:03:58 pm »
There is a large difference between the abundance of paleo foods and junk foods. Saying that simply the abundance of food causes obesity and diabetes I don't agree with. I may be wrong, but no one's gonna get diabetes from eating too much raw meat.

People may not get diabetes from eating too much raw meat, but they can get other health-problems from eating too much. One of the major criticisms of the Primal Diet was that many people took literally Aajonus' instructions in his We Want To Live book(1997 edition) to eat dozens of small meals a day, involving a huge amount of food each day - as a result, many people(myself included) suffered from eating too much raw, lean muscle-meat, or excess amounts of other raw foods on the Primal Diet, such as raw honey. I was no exception, I found that constant digestion diverted resources from the rest of my body, thus lowering concentration, increasing fatigue etc. Another thing noticed by many RPDers is that fasting intensifies the healing process.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:25:11 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2008, 09:07:07 pm »
he came into the forum with a chip on his shoulder about fasting, fair enough so what! I don't care really! but I like the friendly laid back vibe of this forum, and would like to se it continue or else I would leave.

This is the best forum on the web it's kind of and escape form the ohter knobs on the net.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 12:50:19 am »
Obesity is not caused by overeating, it seems. It is mostly caused by insulin. And insulin is stimulated by carbohydrates. The reason why people are fat is because they are eating carbohydrates and the reason they are frequently hungry is because carbs increase insulin secretion which keeps fat stored for longer periods of time. Unable to access fat for fuel, people get hungry, eat more carbs and the vicious cycle continues.

Read Gary Taubes' book "Good Calories, Bad Calories".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk