Author Topic: Journal by James  (Read 2958 times)

Offline jms8220

• Forager
    • View Profile
Journal by James
« on: January 30, 2011, 05:30:42 am »
Hey, I'm completely new to this forum and JUST started reading about eating RAF very recently. I've been debating back and forth whether or not to put pics up and start a journal, but decided to stop living behind the scenes of a forum, like I usually do, and just go for it lol. I'm going to try eating as close to 100% RAF as possible and just log all my notes, comments, food intake, etc. on here. I'm aiming to just eat meats, eggs, and butter, as I've seen many people on here have great success with that. I'm putting some before pics up right now...sorry for the bad quality. I don't have a real camera, so they're just from my phone. I'm about 5'10 and 190 in these pics, which is definitely too heavy for my height. Anyways, not much else to write for now. I'd greatly appreciate any criticism, comments, advice, tips, etc. as I am still a beginner. Thanks! :)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Journal by James
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:07:52 am »
Well you don't have much here on your health history, so assuming you are in decent health my tip is I wouldn't hold on to too many definitions/restrictions from the get go. There should probably be room for some healthy experimentation and fuck ups even amongst the most dedicated. Setting your mind to high fat, very low carb etc.. I think is fine but I'd try out whatever things you can within that.

Odds are whatever you settle on you will lose weight without effort (or even desire!) at first, and it looks like you are in decent shape to begin with, so its probably just a matter of reading/participating and then...the doing. :)

Please jump in on the work out threads if you are involved in such things.

Offline jms8220

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Journal by James
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:32:09 am »
Hey KD, thanks for the tips! Your journal is actually one of the ones I've been reading most frequently since I found this forum (since I assume you are somewhere around my age. It's been hard enough to find people my age interested in health, nonetheless accepting of the idea of eating RAF). As for my health history, I've been very mainstream "healthy" (if you could even call that healthy) for the past year or so. I do lift weights and do some bodyweight exercises, but my diet has been nowhere near what it should be...way too many protein shakes, processed shit, low-fat "health" foods, etc. I also wrestled in high school and play some pick-up hockey on the side, but not much else in the area of cardio. I'm still not quite certain why I've been so drawn to RAF. Seeing the progress a number of the regulars on here, such as yourself, have made is very inspiring. Also, something about the natural, caveman-like feeling I got from eating my first bite of raw beef heart this morning got me hooked lol.  I instantly got the inspiration to start my journal. I definitely hope to see the fat loss you speak of and will try to get a better camera to take some progress photos along the way. Also, I'll definitely take into consideration what you said about allowing room for fuck ups, because I know this will be difficult.

Quick question...how do you eat your eggs, just crack into a cup and drink or blend or any special way of preparing them...?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk