Author Topic: egg whites ffs  (Read 5486 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
egg whites ffs
« on: February 23, 2011, 08:46:41 am »
Look alot of threads been created in the past where people ask if they should consume raw egg whites and if the protein in the whites is ok for the body to use .. so everybody talk alot and at the end theres no particural answer.

AV says eggs should be eaten whole.
Internet says eggwhites protein is not used by the body and somehow cooked egg whites are better perhaps poached eggs are the best way to consume eggs ?? like the story with vegetables sometimes cooked vegies are even more digestible when cooked?

If lets say I want to take some eggs with me to eat them(with the yolk of course) after a workout when I need protein, will this protein be good in terms of bio availability or something like that?? will it supply my muscles the amino acids they needs?

And what about biotion deficiency?
Tyler once showed a study where it says you can get biotion deficiency only if you eat more than 24 raw whole eggs per day.
AV says in his book that its a myth and you can eat 50 raw eggs a day and be fine plus he adds when some of his clients ate only the yolks they were hungry ??
WHAT THE FUCK

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: egg whites ffs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:49:46 am »
I eat alot of eggs 20 a day and throw the egg whites away because it has anti nutrients?
Maybe I am an idiot who throws his money away?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:59 am »
Yeah I personally see that as a waste of money and food.

The whites tend to give people the shits I suspect which people assume is bad. Some people say they don't taste good which kind of makes no sense to me but whatever. Theres probably way more danger in discarding the yolks and eating the whites but there are as many reasons for eating them whole as eating the yolks only. Either way I can't vouch for anything but I would just assume eat them whole and then years down the line micromanage my biotin if it was ever necessary.

I don't think there are 'anti-nutrients', just probably not as much rich nutrition as the yolks or as easily digested by some animals and humans. They seem pretty vital if eating the eggs as internal cleansers, yolks alone don't do much there.

I personally don't think throwing away food is very ethical, but if I thought for certain it was harmful I guess I would.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »
    I started with only yolks, as the smell of whites was just too very repulsive to me.  When it stopped smelling bad to me; when eating eggs I eat the whole. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:56:07 pm »
My toddler's eating one whole egg and a half (only yolk). He's doing very well and so far nothing is bad with him consuming egg white. Personally, I also feel good eating whole egg than just the yolk...
bugs or country chickens

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »
And what about biotion deficiency?
Tyler once showed a study where it says you can get biotion deficiency only if you eat more than 24 raw whole eggs per day.
In that study, did they actually feed people raw eggs, and find negative symptoms if more than 24 were consumed in a day? I doubt it. It's probably just a speculative statement based on the quantities of biotin and avidin in an egg, and the "daily requirement" for biotin in humans.

I started with only yolks, as the smell of whites was just too very repulsive to me.  When it stopped smelling bad to me; when eating eggs I eat the whole. 
My experience was similar. I started with yolks only (Wai diet), but now I eat whole eggs. I make holes in the 2 ends of the egg, and suck it out.

When I have a bad cough/cold/flu, or when I have no appetite for solid food, I eat lots of eggs. I've eaten as many as ~20 per day. But on a regular basis, I usually eat about 6 a day.

It would be an interesting experiment to give an egg to a dog or cat (either whole or cracked in a bowl), and see if they eat the whole thing or just the yolk.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:59 pm »
I can't recall providing such a study, I think it was an anecdotal report on the net from some source.

All I can find right now is this study":- studies of the raw egg white syndrome in rats" - you have to google for it as I can't find it on pubmed, and it is a pdf file of some sort.  The rats seem to do badly on 20 percent plus raw-egg-white but recovered if fed on liver.

As long as one isn't eating tons of raw egg-white all the time without the yolk, I'm reasonably sure one is safe.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:15 pm »
It would be an interesting experiment to give an egg to a dog or cat (either whole or cracked in a bowl), and see if they eat the whole thing or just the yolk.

My cat eats both.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 07:41:40 am »
my dog will eat both, but i only give her the yolks

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:22:42 am »
i like blending whole eggs with oranges in my vitamix - comes out creamy and delicious.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk