Poll

Is there any interest in buying a simple and easy paleo pancake mix?

Yes
1 (20%)
No
4 (80%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 20, 2015, 05:50:25 am

Author Topic: Paleo Pancakes  (Read 3700 times)

Offline mudpiekitchen

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo Pancakes
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:50:25 am »
I'm thinking about starting a small business to provide paleo families with a quick and easy way to enjoy pancakes (one of my pre-paleo favorites). The mix I make is as simple as Bisquick, but tastes a ton better. Plus it's paleo. The rest of my family, which is non-paleo, loves these pancakes. This would be an easy way for families to have a normal Sunday brunch or provide a fun sleepover breakfast for their kids without the hassle of ordering fancy ingredients and wasting time trying nasty recipes.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Paleo Pancakes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:15 am »
To be honest, most of us rawpalaeos would not be interested in anything highly processed. I suppose pancakes could, of course, be created from both raw AND palaeolithic-diet ingredients, so there might be some interest, if they are based  somewhere nearby, perhaps.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline mudpiekitchen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:31:08 am »
Thanks for the response Tyler! I definitely know that some people would be sketchy of a paleo "mix" as mixes normally include processed ingredients, but I would never encourage eating that junk. To put it simply, the mix I make includes coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot powder, tapioca flour and baking soda. All of these are paleo, healthy to eat and do not go bad so storage/shipping would not affect them. Does this affect your opinion at all?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:02:12 am »
We're mostly raw foodists, and the cooked food that most of us eat for social reasons would usually be lightly-cooked meat, veggies, etc.. This isn't something you'll find a lot of people here wanting. Try a cooked paleo forum.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 07:47:33 am »
Did it a couple years ago using "Oopsie bread" mixture of just eggs n cheese basically. Turns out fine for a pancake, but the fun in pancakes is all the sugary junk you cover them with, not the pancake itself - so it's kinda pointless.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk