Author Topic: The Disappearing Male  (Read 4294 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
The Disappearing Male
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:17:30 pm »
Here is the documentary on this topic. It was made by the CBC in Canada.

It tells of the problem of males not being born (naturally aborting) or having problems with infertility after birth. It is a very big problem associated with industrial chemicals.

The vid is around 44 minutes...
The Disappearing Male on Vimeo
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:26:07 pm by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Disappearing Male
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »
This is a good documentary. I show it every year in the course on environmental pollution I teach for environmental science students. It provokes a lot of questions from the students!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:28:15 pm »
Wow neat. Where did you hear of it? I stumbled on the DVD at the library.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:55 pm »
The depopulationists will still not be happy with this.  The fact is that nature makes females more hardy than males in crisis situations.  So only a few healthy males are needed to impregnate the females for life to go on... and when life gets tough, the births are skewed towards making more females.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:13 pm »
The depopulationists will still not be happy with this.  The fact is that nature makes females more hardy than males in crisis situations.  So only a few healthy males are needed to impregnate the females for life to go on... and when life gets tough, the births are skewed towards making more females.
Not sure I could agree. It just so happens that certain chemicals affect either the process of deciding which eggs turn out female and any that are destined to be male seem to abort. It may indeed be true that becoming a male may be a delicate thing.

Post birth the two chemicals named in the movie seem to be implicated (in any other things I have read) in encouraging females to mature more rapidly.

This has been shown to be true in animals as well as humans.

For some guys in the future the idea of having a large harem of women to choose from may not be just a pipe dream.

Ayurveda describes the process of gender selection and what can be done to influence the process. A Vaidya friend of mine is familiar with the process and he has 2 boys. Gender selection does not occur for awhile after conception.

I once knew an aboriginal (inuit) woman who said she knew the method for influencing gender selection and practiced it. She wanted boys only and that's what she had. Two boys. I meant to ask her how she did it but as I did not know her very well, I was too shy to ask.
Cheers
Al

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:52 am »
The Disappearing Male focuses on the effects of endocrine disrupting chemicals on males, but there are plenty of effects on females too. Those who are interested in this issue might check out the book Our Stolen Future. The book is a bit old so there's much more information on this topic now than is featured therein, but still a worthwhile read.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 12:42:50 am »
This book also talks about the same thing. May be a bit newer vintage.
Slow Death By Rubber Duck
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 12:53:11 am »
What do the gays / homosexuals have to say about this? 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk