Author Topic: Rawpalaeo substitutes  (Read 5361 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Rawpalaeo substitutes
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:12:01 am »
My brother recently asked about substitutes for rawpalaeodiets. He mentioned coffee which I damned as being very unhealthy. I mentioned various raw or rawish substitutes, but am curious as to what others here recommend for people not willing to go the whole hog. Things like raw nut flour etc. perhaps?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:40:53 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Rawpalaeo substitutes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:37:37 am »
Jean Seignalet has put up a diet with which he recorded extremely good results. Basically, it strictly excludes all dairy and all wheat. A little bit of rice is tolerated, as it seems it's not as problematic as wheat. He advised to eat the maximum of raw stuff and the minimum of cooked dishes. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:41 am »
You can use dandelion to sub as coffee i guess. Its definately not coffee, but its a kind of bitter, 'mature' tasting drink. You can zazz it up with a little stevia, licorice etc.

You dont have to roast the dandelion either, we just let ours dry out and we would pound it up a bit in the mortar and pestle and we still thought it was pretty good. I guess when you heat it up in the water you're 'cooking' it though.. haha.

Dig it up after it has rained for a while, its a lot easier then.
That's not paleo.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 04:49:30 am »
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but if I had to scale down my diet

1) Raw Paleo
2) Cooked Paleo
3) Kitavan diet (fish, meat, coconut milk, sweet potatoes, greens)/Thai type food
4) Might as well give up. If you're going to eat standard western diet, might as well eat crap.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 05:41:38 am »
Hey Tyler

I know a few people who would squawk at the idea of eating raw meat but like sushi and eat it often nonetheless. So , I recommend lots of sushi.

Also for some of the fruits, the higher density nutrient ones like pineapples, berries.

No bread or coffee, maybe green tea or cacao beans for that caffeine.

Also some raw veggies high nutrient dense ones like peas, broccoli, kale, spinach

Bobby

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:58 am »
I still drink an occasional cup of decaf coffee. I will also drink a cup of chamomile tea every once in a great while
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:54:07 am »
My brother recently asked about substitutes for rawpalaoediets. He mentioned coffee which I damned as being very unhealthy. I mentioned various raw or rawish substitutes, but am curious as to what others here recommend for people not willing to go the whole hog. Things like raw nut flour etc. perhaps?

If it's a life or death situation, there is no substitute for raw paleo.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:15:31 am »
If it's a life or death situation, there is no substitute for raw paleo.
  Well, no, he isn't suffering. He already eats plenty of sushi but seems to want to improve a bit further.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:01 am »
Well i would say for him to try cut his meat cooking down so he eats more of his meat raw, and adding raw liver somehow to his diet (in a smoothie if he doesnt want to 'choke it down with water') would be pretty major positive changes that arent too crazy/out of the question. (I dont know how/what he eats right now)
That's not paleo.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:05:41 pm »
Jean Seignalet has put up a diet with which he recorded extremely good results. Basically, it strictly excludes all dairy and all wheat. A little bit of rice is tolerated, as it seems it's not as problematic as wheat. He advised to eat the maximum of raw stuff and the minimum of cooked dishes. 

This sounds similar to a diet I am considering, which combines elements from raw paleolithic diet/gut ecology diet/gluten-free diet/food combining.  The idea is to incorporate soaked/acidified non-gluten grains and starches and fermented vegetables but to consume them separately from raw animal foods.  I am considering it to boost energy levels, which continue to be low and encourage me to force feed myself to avoid weight loss.

I had some whole grain oats, soaked for 24 hours in vinegar the other day and then cooked.  I added a small amount of pure maple syrup.  It did wonders for my energy, but I am now worried about blood sugar and its ill effects.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:16 pm »
My brother recently asked about substitutes for rawpalaeodiets. He mentioned coffee which I damned as being very unhealthy. I mentioned various raw or rawish substitutes, but am curious as to what others here recommend for people not willing to go the whole hog. Things like raw nut flour etc. perhaps?

Coffee screws up your sleep cycle, which can screw up a lot of other things.  If your brother is interested in being alert and awake, I would suggest sleep, or optimally he might try free running sleep:

http://www.supermemo.com/articles/sleep.htm#Free%20running%20sleep

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 06:13:21 pm »

I drink plenty of coffee but never after 12 mid day. It is one of those things that has both its pros and cons and each individual will have to make up their mind about which weighs heavier. I dont believe in substitutes. I always take mine loaded with cream.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 06:56:55 pm »
Coffee is one of the most noxious foodstuff, one of the few to ditch first, long before even thinking about organic food - and moreover rawpaleo! 

The Causes and Prevention of Cancer
Cooking food also generates thousands of chemicals. There are over 1000 chemicals reported in a cup of coffee. Only 26 have been tested in animal cancer tests and more than half are rodent carcinogens; there are still a thousand chemicals left to test. The amount of potentially carcinogenic pesticide residues consumed in a year is less than the amount known of rodent carcinogens in a cup of coffee.
Bruce N. Ames
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Center
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720[/size]
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk