Author Topic: frozen/fresh meat  (Read 17182 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: frozen/fresh meat
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 07:48:16 am »
Okay, so it's only been a few days now and It already stinks to high heaven (I can smell it without opening the jar)
and there's this tan foam that's appeared all over the place.
Has your high-meat ever foamed? What is this?

coconinoz

Re: high meat
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 12:50:04 pm »

with its high yeast content, high meat is the carnivore counterpart of wine (or bread or cheese)

methinks

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:23:17 pm by coconinoz »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 05:13:37 pm »

with its high yeast content, high meat is the carnivore counterpart of wine (or bread or cheese)

methinks

"High-Meat"  doesn't have the same kind of effects as alcohol, though. While alcohol dulls the senses, "high-meat" actually heightens the senses and increases concentration etc, without the toxic effect that alcohol has. And the effect of "high-meat" is really to do with the bacteria in the high-meat, which stimulate the body into increasing the serotonin levels in the brain:-

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/66840.php

Granted, in small amounts alcohol also stimulates serotonin production, but, unlike "high-meat", in excess, alcohol actually reduces serotonin levels, thus increasing depression/lowering mood.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

coconinoz

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 07:54:12 am »

yes
by ingesting a lot of any kind of carb, fluid or solid, the body becomes serotonin resistant... & depression ensues

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/search/label/Low%20fat%20moods

now, here's my own theory:
the overgrowth of yeast, mold, or other fungi in high meat results in some sort of gluconeogenesis, whereby high meat ends up being high in carbs

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 08:00:56 am »
the overgrowth of yeast, mold, or other fungi in high meat results in some sort of gluconeogenesis, whereby high meat ends up being high in carbs

by ingesting a lot of any kind of carb, fluid or solid, the body becomes serotonin resistant... & depression ensues

You are suggesting that the body will become high-meat resistant then? Has anybody who eats high meat on a regular basis noticed a building resistance and/or depression?
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 08:17:41 am »
the overgrowth of yeast, mold, or other fungi in high meat results in some sort of gluconeogenesis, whereby high meat ends up being high in carbs[/color]

Couldn't you just test the high meat for carb content?

Satya

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 08:34:23 am »
I thought yeasts consumed carbs.  That's why red wine is not sweet, but grape juice is.  Same with cheese.  Meat doesn't have carbs to begin with, or not many.  But then, meat can and does get moldy.  I dunno.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 07:34:06 am »
Well, I think my "heart in a jar" is finally ready for eating.
Last time I saw it was yesterday morning when I took it to air it out, and it was absolutely disgusting. The smell when you first open the jar is overpowering. It looks like Satan's vomit.

I'm excited.  ;D

I just hope that it will indeed bring benefits and I won't be eating that putrid mess for nothing. That is if I'm even able to get it down. You best believe I will be sporting the mineral water when I eat it tomorrow morning. There's no way I could eat it in my apartment without seriously disturbing my roommates, so I'll have to bring it with me up on top of a nearby parking garage and eat it there. That's where I've been bringing it to air out, as I watch the sunrise.

PS.  I just noticed I said "Satan's vomit", not even thinking about how the majority of our new icons  deal with just those two things!  >D -d -v

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 08:13:18 am »
Nice good luck.

Satya I think yeast/mold/fungus can digest all 3 macro-nutrients but tend to be found mostly on carbs like bread. I think this may be because they do very well (better than bacteria) with lower water content foods, and these tend to be modern carbs (all of the grain derivatives).

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »
"High-Meat"  doesn't have the same kind of effects as alcohol, though. While alcohol dulls the senses, "high-meat" actually heightens the senses and increases concentration etc, without the toxic effect that alcohol has. And the effect of "high-meat" is really to do with the bacteria in the high-meat, which stimulate the body into increasing the serotonin levels in the brain:-

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/66840.php

Granted, in small amounts alcohol also stimulates serotonin production, but, unlike "high-meat", in excess, alcohol actually reduces serotonin levels, thus increasing depression/lowering mood.

http://70.32.73.82/blog/5774/alcohol-and-the-brain/
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 05:02:50 am »
Re this freezer topic - the farmer I visited lately told me that they are not permitted by law in Texas to slaughter their own animals and sell me meat which means they lose half of the animal because the processor will not return to them the organs and all the other parts. There are only a few organs that the farmer can have back and the cuts of muscle meat. Other farmers have informed me that the processing plants automatically freeze the meat. It is impossible for the farmers to get unfrozen meat or all the other parts of the animal back.

I have yet to taste unfrozen meat as it is unavailable to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk