Author Topic: Farting Cures Cancer!!!  (Read 6629 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Farting Cures Cancer!!!
« on: May 06, 2008, 02:14:03 am »
I've put this article in the Hot Topics forum as it's a little condescending towards the French - (apologies to any French-speakers on the board):-

"Throw caution to wind, France told
By Henry Samuel, in Paris
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 02/05/2008

A French doctor is urging his countrymen to give free rein to flatulence, sweating and other bodily taboos to reduce the risk of cancer.

In his book, Le Grand Ménage (Spring cleaning), Frédéric Saldmann invites them to embrace the stereotypical British view of the French and to have a relaxed attitude to bodily functions.

He calls for a "May '68" of the body – an emancipation for belching, breaking wind and sweating profusely. "Eliminating" the two litres of gas produced a day by the average Frenchman "is a natural process", he writes, adding that retaining it can be harmful to the intestines. The French, he adds, should "dare to fart".

Dr Saldmann also recommends cutting down on chewing gum, never eating while walking and reducing the intake of fizzy drinks.

Similarly, he says his countrymen should feel free to belch at will and certainly after each meal. This, he says, is the best way to reduce the risk of getting a hiatal hernia, an ailment which affects almost a third of French people. Keeping air in the stomach leads to more heartburn, which increases the risk of cancer of the oesophagus. The rise of this disease in France, he says, is due to "the burp that we no longer do".

Dr Saldmann also recommends throwing out anti-perspirants. "To block sweat not only stops the elimination of toxins," he writes, "but also a certain number of messages that are potentially very attractive to the opposite sex."

Moreover, he insists that the smell of male sweat, citing Italian research on the subject, reduces stress in women. "
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

Re: Farting Cures Cancer!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:48:52 am »
Well, I don't know if the smell of male sweat reduces my stress, but the act of sweating myself sure brings a calm disposition.  Sweating with men is fun too, of course.  Maybe it is the smell that gives the pleasure, I dunno.

I can't help wonder though: is farting really a sign of good health?  From my experience it is the legumes and grains that cause flatulence, bloating, weight gain and all manner of malaise.  And worrying about a hernia because of belching sounds like a problem for obese men, doesn't it?

On a mostly raw diet of meat, fish, plants and eggs, I rarely have such issues.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:24:50 am »
I would guess that frequent farting is not a good sign, but the system is so complex there is always a chance for gas build up even if you're eating an optimal diet. The point should be that it's not good for you to "hold it in" when it comes to farting. Really if you think about it holding anything in is probably not too good, bowel movements and urination, anger and laughter. Ever been in a situation where you weren't supposed to laugh or make noise and something strikes you so funny and you're having trouble keeping it in and your face gets warm and your breathing is altered? Those are actually fond memories for me cause it's mostly stuff with my buds from high school but I imagine a lot of that wouldn't be healthy. Let it all out!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:53:08 pm »
Farting is healthy and must suck to have to work in an office and have to be civilised and not let rip. I occasionally do jobs in offices and the smell of unhealthy people mixed with perfume/after shave is revolting,  I can't wait to get the hell out.

I agree it's not healthy to hold them in. I work outdoors with mostly blokes and farting is celebrated.

Andrew
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Satya

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk