Author Topic: lump on neck/ swollen lymph nodes  (Read 5781 times)

Offline lena

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
lump on neck/ swollen lymph nodes
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:21 am »
Hi, so I posted a couple weeks ago about acne which has actually been getting much better! This diet has definitely improved my health in many ways.

But about 2 weeks ago I noticed a lump on the right side of my neck and another one at the base of my skull. The one on my neck has definitely grown a little bit in the past 2 weeks. It is round, hard, painless unless I really push on it hard, and somewhere between the size of a pea and a marble.

Based on where these 2 bumps are, I think they might be lymph nodes. I was thinking this is some sort of detox but now I'm not sure since I think it's growing. Is there anything I can do to stop it? Should I go to a doctor?

Thanks

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: lump on neck/ swollen lymph nodes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:00:11 pm »
Lymph nodes are oblong.  Are these lumps more round or more oblong?  Also, lymph nodes are paired, so if it's a lymph node, then you'll have another one on the opposite side of your body in the same spot.

Let us know what you've been eating, as well.  How is your health otherwise?  Is anything else wrong?

Offline lena

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »
The bumps are slightly oblong but definitely more round than oval shaped. I don't have one in the same spot on both sides, but the one on my neck is on the right side and the one on the back/bottom of my head is on the left.

What I've been eating now:
A couple pastured egg yolks
A couple pieces of fruit (almost always organic local pears, but occasionally organic bananas or something else)
some celery and/or kohlrabi
grass fed beef (1/2 lb on average, sometimes more sometimes less)
1lb grass fed marrow bones (this is really expensive so I ordered grass fed beef/buffalo fat from slankers which should come soon)
Occasionally some seafood such as clams, mackerel, or salmon eggs

My health is good, my acne is improving since I added more fat and stopped eating huge amounts of exotic fruits.

Before, I didn't like marrow bones at all, but once I started eating them, after a couple days I love them now! I'm hoping the same thing happens with organs but if I buy an organ I can usually only have a couple bites and give the rest to my dog :/

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:54:58 am »
There is a good book that has a fantastic self massage that is great for stimulating lymph movement. its called "Chinese Qigong Self Massage" by Dr Yang Jwing-Ming.  It might just be different deposits/inflamation moving around or leaving your body, do very light massage, perhaps an Epsom salts bath, some skin brushing and be patient if you feel your health improving. 

I would still suggest to add just a bit of seaweeds to the diet, not every day, but occasionally. 

What organs have you tried?

Offline lena

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 01:25:39 am »
Ok I'll see if I can find that book at the library, thanks!

I looked for fresh seaweed but can't find it anywhere. The only type I can get is packaged and dried, probably at high temperatures. Would it still be worth it?

I've tried tongue, heart, and liver. The tongue was the only one I liked but it was really expensive so I won't be able to get it often. I also got a spleen and a kidney from slankers so I'll try those when my order comes. I really want to try brain but can only get corn-fed veal brain so I guess I'll have to wait on that one.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 01:36:40 am »
maine coast seaweed and pacific botanicals have good quality sun dried seaweed.  they just rinse the seaweed and hang it on wooden slats in outside til its dry.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 08:18:59 am »
I agree with the seaweeds.

Offline lena

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 09:43:44 am »
Ok, I ordered some raw seaweed on amazon. I'll try it out. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk