Author Topic: How to grow a beard?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
How to grow a beard?
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:30:22 pm »
Is it ALL gut health? That's my theory .. some say genetics and a few other factors but I feel it is 100% gut health.

How many of you guys have beards?
Have you noticed increased hair growth whilst on this diet?
Have you noticed thicker hair?
Also am I right in thinking biotin is an important factor? The reason I say that is that it is abundant in a healthy gut.

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to grow a beard?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 12:25:43 pm »
testosterone. Genetics will only determine what your levels are supposed to be and how much beard you could grow as a result.

If you want to get more of it through diet, include raw adrenal glands and testicles.

Much more important than adding it is avoiding things that will lower it. That means avoiding all xenoestrogens, i.e. phytoestrogens and synthetic endocrine disrupting compounds.

So for synthetic estrogens, avoid all liquids stored in plastics, wet foods stored in direct contact with plastic wrap, composite plastic tooth fillings, medical drips from plastic pouch and tubing, swimming pools with chemical oxidizers (chlorine, ozone) that are lined with vinyl or have flexible pvc piping in the pump system, touching shiny magazine pages and shiny receipts with your bare hands, the shit is pretty much everywhere, good luck avoiding it all without everyone thinking you are nuts. If you can get lab-grade polyethylene or silicone these are the safest polymers, even polypropylene is pretty good but the commercial grade plastics are always combined to some extent with plasticizers or conditioners that will leach and bind to estrogen receptors in the body.

For phytoestrogens, try to stay away from plant foods that come from female plant parts, which means stick to leaves, stems, and roots over beans, fruits, grains, seeds, nuts, or vegetables with seeds or that are supposed to have seeds. Also smoking female flowers (pot) will give you large amounts of the phytoestrogens as well. Soy is like the king (or queen) of phytoestrogens so be sure to avoid anything having to do with soy if keeping testosterone up is your goal.

There are also certain lifestyle changes that will keep your levels up. I read a study that showed that testosterone levels dropped significantly after a climax and did not return to baseline for at least a week.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:48:10 pm by edmon171 »
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: How to grow a beard?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:04:17 pm »
It's more genetics.

I can never grow hair on my chest.

Take at look at your siblings and parents.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk